MCU Fight: Daredevil vs Black Widow

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
We will be doing VS. battles for the MCU every week and will be using the Winners and Losers to create an accurate power tier list created by some of it's biggest fans (you). So don't forget to VOTE and after voting for a Winner please include a comment on which power tier, both the Winner and Loser should reside within. Also, see below for more details on the characters abilities as well as for a list of available power tiers to choose from.

Don't forget to put which Tier group you think Captain America and Gamora belong to in your posts. :up:

So, without further delay here is this weeks match up.

Daredevil Vs. Black Widow

De3Cdoo.jpg

*****Here are some of their powers, abilities and feats of strength.*****

Daredevil

- Enhanced Senses: Despite being blinded as a child, Murdock's remaining four senses, besides sight, are enhanced to a superhuman level, resulting in them becoming radar/sonar-like. He claims to constantly feel numerous things, including balance, direction, minuscule changes in air density, vibrations, and blankets of temperature variations, that are usually imperceptible to human beings. That, combined with his acute hearing and olfactory senses, allows Murdock to evaluate his surroundings in what he describes as an "Impressionistic painting" of the world around him, which, according to him, looks like "the world on fire". His superhumanly enhanced senses grants him tremendous awareness of his surroundings on a wide range, this makes him extremely alert to danger.

- Enhanced hearing: Like a bat, Murdock's hearing is extremely acute, he can clearly hear conversations, heartbeats and even breaths from several meters. He was able to hear and memorize the sound of James Wesley's watch ticking, and hear Claire's bones shifting as she breathed. Murdock can focus on what he hears; in a crowded courtroom with the judge speaking, Murdock heard a juror's heartbeat accelerate when James Wesley entered the room. Hearing the changes in people's heartbeats allows Murdock to predict how they feel and what actions they'll take, such as attack or run. He was also able to memorize the pattern of Wesley's watch so he could follow the latter. When forced to improvise while fighting extremely stealthy Hand ninjas, Murdock was able to effectively keep track of their movements by listening to their breaths and the sound of their swords cutting through the air.

- Echolocation: Matt possesses an exceptionally advanced form of human echolocation. He is able to detect objects in his environment by sensing echoes from those objects, by actively creating and listening for sounds - for example tapping his cane, stomping of his enemies' feet, raindrops, ticking from a watch, tumbling of a safe's locks, rattling chains or even a person's heartbeat. He can interpret the sound waves reflected by nearby objects, accurately identifying their location and size.

- Lie Detection: Murdock's hearing is so acute, that he can tell whether people are lying or not, based on the rate of their heartbeats.

- Enhanced Smell: His incredible olfactory senses which is even sharper than a dog allow him to detect the scent of stale cigarettes and cheap cologne three floors above him and through several walls. When he was a boy, his sense was already so acute, he could smell that an old man sitting at a bench across from him had cancer. By smelling an old cigarette, Murdock could tell that whoever smoked it previously had rotten teeth. He was even able to smell that Foggy Nelson had onions in his lunch, the current time, but two days ago.

- Enhanced Taste: Murdock was able to tell that Claire Temple had ripped open some of the stitches on her back, due to tasting copper in the air from the blood of her open wound. Stick taught him how to train this sense, which allowed him to pick out every individual ingredient of the ice cream he was eating, including that the milk used came from three different dairy farms, and that the man who served him used a certain type of soil in his garden.

- Enhanced Thermoreception: Matt can sense changes in heat in the environment. Murdock could even feel the heat generated from the blood spilling from the gunshot wound on Vladimir Ranskahov; to one-half of a degree, he was able to distinguish the difference in temperature.

- Electroreception: Matt is able to detect electric fields, similar to a shark. When out on a mission with Elektra, Matt was able to find a hidden room by feeling an electrical current coming from behind the wall. He could hear the electricity buzzing inside the wall and felt a stop in the current were the mechanism for unlocking the secret room was.

- Enhanced Balance: Murdock's sense of balance is superhuman, giving him perfect equilibrium, coordination, dexterity, reflexes, and agility, resulting in high levels of acrobatic and gymnastic ability. His dexterity and reflexes were enhanced even before his training with Stick, as he could effortlessly catch keys thrown to him while hearing the sound they made. He can instinctively react to oncoming blows nearly effortlessly with the use of his other senses, such as avoiding attacks with a sharp weapon at close quarters by hearing the noise of its approach.

- Peaked Physical Condition: Matt's physiology and mind are at the peak human condition of a man of his age, weight, and height. He's been able to overpower the criminals of Hell's Kitchen with relative ease and has defeated foes with greater strength. Matt trains rigorously to keep himself at peak condition as it is vital to his vigilante career.

- Master Martial Artist: Despite being blind, Murdock was rigorously trained in martial arts by Stick at a young age, and excelled in it. He continued training himself, despite Stick giving up on him, becoming an exceptionally fit man who is extremely skilled in martial arts. Murdock eventually used his skills to fight crime as the vigilante "Daredevil". Daredevil's fighting style incorporates Boxing, Muay Thai, Kung Fu, Judo, Aikido, Capoeira, Taekwondo, Escrima, Ninjutsu, and Pro-Wrestling.[37] Hence, Daredevil could take down the criminals of Hell's Kitchen with ease, defeating professional hitman Rance, highly skilled assassin John Healy, single-handedly taking down eight Russian gangsters at once (despite having not yet full recovered from his wounds at the time), and was even able to take down multiple cops while handcuffed. His ex-girlfriend Elektra claimed that Murdock was one of the best fighters that she knew. By the time he met Stick again, Murdock rivaled his former mentor in skill, managing to keep up with him in an intense one-on-one duel and ultimately overpowering him, earning Stick's praise. Though with some difficulty, Murdock was also ultimately able to overpower Kingpin, a man of immense brute strength, and even flip him through the air during their fight. His skill also allowed him to fight evenly against Danny Rand, a master martial artist in his own right. Daredevil was also able to fight both Bakuto and Murakami simultaneously and had the upper hand in the majority of the fight.

- Billy Club: The billy club can be split into two short batons, and can be used by Daredevil as a shorter ranged weapon. It can also be converted into a larger staff for melee combat. The pieces could be used as throwing weapons to strike opponents from a distance, and were similar in functionality compared to a boomerang, as they could ricochet and bounce off surfaces for the user to catch. The upgraded version of the billy club uses a special steel fiber composite cable that makes it nearly indestructible. The cable's mechanism allows the billy club to shoot out at and either strike or ensnare a target, which makes it useful and versatile in close combat. It can also be used as a grappling hook, with shooting the billy club onto a structure and then either swinging, descending or ascending on the cable, while it is designed to quickly retract itself after any such use.
Appearances

Black Widow

- Master Spy: Romanoff is a dangerous secret agent highly skilled in espionage, stealth, disguise, infiltration, and demolitions. Her talents and years of experience have enabled her to reach a high ranking as a special agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. She often resorts to seduce men to obtain her goals while working undercover, such as when she posed as an assistant to evaluate Tony Stark for the Avengers Initiative. Romanoff's skills are so legendary that Nick Fury created a Lie Detector that he hoped she could not deceive.

- Master Martial Artist: Natasha is arguably to be one of the best fighters in the world. Romanoff is extremely skilled in the field of martial arts, having mastered arts such as karate, judo, aikido, savate, boxing, lucha-libre style wrestling and multiple styles of kung fu. She has easily taken down many enemies, such as dozens of Hammer Industries security guards, Georges Batroc's armed pirates, several members of STRIKE, dozens of Ultron Sentries, and even the hordes of Chitauri aliens. She is skilled enough to be able to defeat a mind-controlled Hawkeye, maintain the upper hand against Ant-Man, and even hold her own against the much stronger Winter Soldier, though he was able to bring her down in the end.

- Black Widow’s Batons: the batons can deliver powerful, electrical shocks to incapacitate her targets. The electrocution is powerful enough for Romanoff to take down multiple Ultron Sentries.

- Black Widow’s Bite: Electrocution - The Black Widow's Bite main function is to deliver powerful electrical shocks to incapacitate the target.

- Grappling Hook: - The Black Widow's Bite also contains a grappling hook able to support Romanoff's weight and slow her descent in case of a fall.

- Taser Disk Shooting: - Black Widow's Bite also shoots Taser Disks, which are small disk-shaped objects that deliver a electric discharge with the purpose of incapacitating and disorientating targets.

- Taser Batons: - Black Widow Bite's new upgrades by Tony Stark allow for the use of expandable batons that can be charged by the gauntlets and used in close combat.[4]

- Electrical Blasts: - Black Widow's Bite's new upgrade allows for a projection of focused electricity to knock the target unconscious or disrupt any electromechanical device from either a long or short distance.

*****Below is the SPECULATIVE list of power tiers to choose from, BLUE character names are official, RED character names are speculative.. Please select a power tier for each character (they're not in any particular order). Note: both characters can share the same tier.*****

Cosmic Tier (cosmic/interdimension level power/presence on a planetary scale, at the minimum)

Dormammu

Eson The Searcher (with Power Gem)

Ego The Living Planet

Odin

Surtur

Doctor Strange with Time Gem

Transcendent Tier (City to planetary level power & Cosmic/interdimensional level influence on a local scale)]

Kurse

Ronan (with Power Gem)

Hela

Ultron Prime (Vibranium)

Fenris

Powerhouse Tier (Beyond top tier, power/interdimensional power on a block to city Level)

Hulkbuster Iron Man

Abomination

Thor

Hulk

Malekith (with Reality Gem)

Doctor Strange

Vision

Destroyer Armor

Ghost Rider

Giant Man

Kaecilius

Top Tier (Street to block level)

Aldrich Killian

Drax the Destroyer

Iron Man

Loki

Iron Monger

Ronan

Whiplash

War Machine

Scarlett Witch

Valkyrie

Heimdall

Sif

Hogun

Fandral

Volstagg

Korath The Pursuer

Quake

Groot

Killgrave

Yondu

Lash

Hive

Frigga

Pepper Potts with Extremis

Mantis

Skurge

Korg

Baron Mordo

Master Wong

Superhuman Tier (Street Level)

Captain America

Gamora

Spider-Man

Vulture

Black Panther

Red Skull

Winter Solider

Starlord

Eric Savin (Extremis Soldier)

Ellen Brandt (Extremis Soldier)

Quicksliver

Luke Cage

Iron Fist

Jessica Jones

Crossbones

Madame Gao

Mr. Hyde

Slingshot

Aida

Raina

Deathlok

The Patriot

Carl Creed the Absorbing Man

Lorelei

Nebula

Miek

Ant Man

Yellow Jacket

Street Tier (non super human, agent level)

Elektra

Hawkeye

Shocker

Batroc The Leaper

Rocket Raccoon

Coleen Wing

Falcon

Batroc The Leaper

Kingpin

Diamondback

Nobu

Bakuto

Peggy Carter

Sharon Carter Agent 13

Dum Dum Dugan

Mocking Bird

Maria Hill

Misty Knight

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Phil Coulson

Zemo

*****As I mentioned earlier, as fights occur an official tier list will be created and updated by me and that can be viewed here.*****

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=535009

So enjoy and we are looking forward to the first results. Spread the word.

Last edited:
Daredevil wins this one. He's stronger and he has enhanced senses that would give him the edge over Black Widow even without that strength advantage. Natasha is just as skilled a fighter as Matt is, maybe even more since she usually has to compensate for the superior strength of her opponents. Murdoch's ability to anticipate the Widow's moves and counter them is his ace in the hole. Romanoff's devices (Widow's Bite, small bombs she used in TWS, taser disks, etc) can potentially take Murdoch down, but his senses would allow him to avoid most or all of them.

So, the advantage goes to Daredevil with his superhuman abilities.

It's gonna be Daredevil for me dog.

Don't forget to vote you guys and say what power tiers you say they belong too.

Black Widow. She takes on at least as good of opponents in HtH, and generally does better against them ( taking them out quicker/with fewer injuries ). More importantly, she has a *far* better selection of gadgets and weapons.

Matt's senses and sheer persistence prolong the fight, but they don't change the outcome. At least, except in the sense that he's probably going to get a sonic attack in the ears eventually.

Both street tier, Matt really bordering on superhuman.
He takes this.

How about Invisible Woman vs. Batman?

This is how I see it. Daredevil has the advantage of his super senses, Black Widow has the advantage of her gadgets. These 2 things cancel each other out. I think they are equally skilled fighters just with slightly different Martial Arts styles, once again they cancel each other out. Then there is the matter of determination and Endurance, with Black Widow you have some one that has been traumatized from an early age and learned to deal with torture, to Daredevil who after battling Nobu ends up coming home half dead, but he continues because it weighs on him as his responsibility to clean up his neighborhood. Once again they more or less cancel each other out. Still though between the two I would have to say Daredevil takes it because he is all in during his fights, and will just keep battling until he either wins or is dead. Black Widow ran from the Winter Soldier after he clearly over powered her in a hand to hand battle. I don't think Daredevil would have ran. He might have died trying to win against the Winter Soldier, but he wouldn't have run.

At least that's how I see it.

Surfer

Daredevil takes it because he is all in during his fights, and will just keep battling until he either wins or is dead. Black Widow ran from the Winter Soldier after he clearly over powered her in a hand to hand battle. I don't think Daredevil would have ran. He might have died trying to win against the Winter Soldier, but he wouldn't have run.

So much this.
I am not even sure Matt would lose agains brainwashed Bucky, I think they would be almost even.

Gonna say Daredevil. He'll get hit a few times but should be able to dodge many of her attacks and even if he does get hit he should be able to take a few. Son of a boxer after all.

Both are Street tier

MCU Black Widow is going to win this. She's taken on way stronger villains and come away virtually unscathed. Daredevil ALWAYS gets beat to hell and loses fights far more often.

Widow of course has plot convenience on her side, but it doesnt change the fact that she's the more powerful hero.

MCU Black Widow is going to win this. She's taken on way stronger villains and come away virtually unscathed. Daredevil ALWAYS gets beat to hell and loses fights far more often.

Widow of course has plot convenience on her side, but it doesnt change the fact that she's the more powerful hero.

She gets treated like fodder whenever she fights someone even remotely superhuman.

This is how I see it. Daredevil has the advantage of his super senses, Black Widow has the advantage of her gadgets. These 2 things cancel each other out. I think they are equally skilled fighters just with slightly different Martial Arts styles, once again they cancel each other out. Then there is the matter of determination and Endurance, with Black Widow you have some one that has been traumatized from an early age and learned to deal with torture, to Daredevil who after battling Nobu ends up coming home half dead, but he continues because it weighs on him as his responsibility to clean up his neighborhood. Once again they more or less cancel each other out. Still though between the two I would have to say Daredevil takes it because he is all in during his fights, and will just keep battling until he either wins or is dead. Black Widow ran from the Winter Soldier after he clearly over powered her in a hand to hand battle. I don't think Daredevil would have ran. He might have died trying to win against the Winter Soldier, but he wouldn't have run.

At least that's how I see it.

Surfer

Got to agree with that. Also, if the fight takes place in darkness or poorly lit conditions, then DD pretty handily.

BW is highly effective against goons ( eg the Lagos fight in CW) but against Rumlow ( not superhuman, but with body armour and technology) she got whipped.

It would be a good fight, but I think DD takes this.

Also, if the fight takes place in darkness or poorly lit conditions, then DD pretty handily.

I would also say this would be the case with all non superhumans and with most street level supers.

The other thing to consider is just the physiological aspect of it. Neither of them have super strength, but just that of a regular human in great physical condition. However, (and this is not to be a chauvinist), but Women typically are not as strong as men. This does not mean you can not find a weak man and a strong women that can take him physically, but with a Man in great physical shape and a woman in great physical shape, I would say the man will win in terms of strength. Which means if there was a power struggle between Black Widow and Daredevil, I would say Daredevil is again going to have the upper hand. In return this means Black Widow would not only need to match Daredevil's fighting ability to win, but actually need to surpass it to win. To me I think her fighting is on par with Daredevil's in the day time, but that it does not exceed it. In the Dark she gets her butt handed to her.

I place both on Street Tier despite Daredevil having some Super powers in the form of his highly developed senses.

Surfer

Wow, another really tough choice.

Its not that hard. Daredevil for me.Not even Nat fighting Aliens and Robots can convince me. Even I can take those aliens and robots in the Avengers films. :oldrazz:

This guy can't help himself. Running out of forums to frequent. Hope Shazam is great ant.

Last edited:
I'll take DD. Great match-up though, particularly in the sack.

Another thing to consider is that Daredevil has a light weight armor built into his costume, where as Black Widow to my knowledge has none. So, in addition to his endurance of pain, Daredevil also can take a lot more physical hits because of his armor, before Black Widow would be able to do any real damage to him. Although, one could argue that his costume armor material most likely has some metal in it, and if so then Black Widows Electrocution Batons could possibly send a charge through the metal blasting his entire body, since metal is a great conductor of electricity. Well anyways, just some thoughts!

Surfer

Last edited:
The other thing to consider is just the physiological aspect of it. Neither of them have super strength, but just that of a regular human in great physical condition. However, (and this is not to be a chauvinist), but Women typically are not as strong as men. This does not mean you can not find a weak man and a strong women that can take him physically, but with a Man in great physical shape and a woman in great physical shape, I would say the man will win in terms of strength. Which means if there was a power struggle between Black Widow and Daredevil, I would say Daredevil is again going to have the upper hand. In return this means Black Widow would not only need to match Daredevil's fighting ability to win, but actually need to surpass it to win. To me I think her fighting is on par with Daredevil's in the day time, but that it does not exceed it. In the Dark she gets her butt handed to her.

I place both on Street Tier despite Daredevil having some Super powers in the form of his highly developed senses.

Surfer

Yep a man in great physical shape would usually (key word) be much stronger than a woman in great physical shape.

Espescially considering Daredevil is much taller and heavier than Black Widow, he would easily be twice as strong at the least.

Last edited:
This is tough, Daredevil is physically superior and has enhanced abilities so it would take a lot for Widow to beat him. That being said, Widow has a ton of very effective gadgets.

[YT]2N_0hvICKzg[/YT]

[YT]NmJMeSECMzQ[/YT]

Based on those videos it seems like Widow is much more effective at taking down fodder(which is usually more skilled/stronger than the street thugs Daredevil fights) but that video didn't include S2 Daredevil who was stronger and more durable due to his costume, his cowl even protected him from a bullet. That makes him far more resistant to damage and considering Widow doesn't have piercing weapons I'm not sure how exactly she would defeat him even if she manages to stun him with her gadgets.

I'll give this to Daredevil but it would be a really close fight. Both are street tier.

Edit: I'll not vote yet in case someone presents good counter-arguments for Widow, I've seen other people change their mind after they voted and I wouldn't want to make that mistake :funny:

This is tough, Daredevil is physically superior and has enhanced abilities so it would take a lot for Widow to beat him. That being said, Widow has a ton of very effective gadgets.

[YT]2N_0hvICKzg[/YT]

[YT]NmJMeSECMzQ[/YT]

Based on those videos it seems like Widow is much more effective at taking down fodder(which is usually more skilled/stronger than the street thugs Daredevil fights) but that video didn't include S2 Daredevil who was stronger and more durable due to his costume, his cowl even protected him from a bullet. That makes him far more resistant to damage and considering Widow doesn't have piercing weapons I'm not sure how exactly she would defeat him even if she manages to stun him with her gadgets.

I'll give this to Daredevil but it would be a really close fight. Both are street tier.

Edit: I'll not vote yet in case someone presents good counter-arguments for Widow, I've seen other people change their mind after they voted and I wouldn't want to make that mistake :funny:

Yeah if your not 100% sure on who to vote for, you are better to wait until after most of the debates for both sides have been aired out. Just make sure you don't forget to vote at the end. It ends typically early Sunday morning, so I would cast my vote by Saturday at the latest.

Thanks!

Surfer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"