MCU Loki Strength?

ernesth100

The Writing Avenger
Reaction score
I feel like Loki was magically stronger than he was physically. Definitely nowhere near his brothers strength and I can't think of any examples of true strength he has. Maybe him choking Stark and throwing him out a window. Seems like it required minimal effort to that so I'd prolly put him just above Cap in terms of physical strength. Maybe even more in terms of endurance what Hulk did in A1 would liquifeid any normal human, but barely left more than a scratch on Loki.

His magic ability seemed to have him confident enough to face Strange. And I believe had Strange actually entertained Loki with a battle we could've got a nice struggle from Loki. He never had much confidence in fisticuffs though. Simply magic and cunning.

What do y'all think? How strong is MCU Loki?

Cap had little to no effect on loki, so loki was way above cap. Loki is pretty durable against earth weapons of all kinds too.

Loki is probably around 40-60% of Thor

Cap had little to no effect on loki, so loki was way above cap. Loki is pretty durable against earth weapons of all kinds too.

Loki is probably around 40-60% of Thor

Yeah, Loki took a Hulk slamming that although took him out of the fight (he’s not quite Thor, in Ragnarok Thor took the same exact slam move and got right back up to still fight) I don’t see Cap surviving that type of slam, heck I don’t Tony in his armor could really easily bounce back after that.

He should be around as durable as Thor, but ultimately his "magic" seems to have been limited to disguises.
He's definitely leagues behind Dr Strange if they ever duke it out.

Well, Loki's a frost giant (a real short one), not an actual asgardian. I assume that means he's super strong and tough, compared to a human but maybe only equivalent to an average asgardian.

Sure Valkyrie smacks him around, but she's super strong too.

I feel like Loki would be far less strong than Thor ( particularly after his power up in Ragnarok) as he doesn't have any strength feats, other than fighting Cap which suggest he's anywhere near Thor.

I'll go with Loki being 40% of pre-Ragnarok Thor, and less after that - of course that's pretty impressive compared to a human.

He should be around as durable as Thor, but ultimately his "magic" seems to have been limited to disguises.
Loki's magic isn't offensive or defensive seems to be limited to illusions if he were to get training by the masters of mysticism he'd be extremely dangerous

Loki's magic isn't offensive or defensive seems to be limited to illusions if he were to get training by the masters of mysticism he'd be extremely dangerous

I'd love to see if Hiddleston returns post IW him master his magic a bit more and become a forcew to be reckoned with in the Strange series.

As for his physical strength, figured as much. He's inhumanly strong by human standards. But not much moreso than Cap and not nearly as much as Hulk or Thor.

Well, Loki's a frost giant (a real short one), not an actual asgardian. I assume that means he's super strong and tough, compared to a human but maybe only equivalent to an average asgardian.
I've always wondered whether Loki was a hybrid; a hybrid of a Frost Giant and Asgardian (an Asgardian mother perhaps?)

Frost Giants generally have no hidden abilities, Loki does (a user of magic), just as Odin and Thor have specific gifts too. I figure one of two things here; either these gifts are given to the children of the throne, or they're established through ones bloodline.

Maybe there's an element of Loki's past (an element we're not likely going to find out about) that does actually connect his ancestry to Asgard.

^We really don't know what Frost Giants are capable of. I don't think Loki's illusion magic is a gift owing to his heritage I believe it is a matter of his upbringing, being raised and taught by Frigga

I'd love to see if Hiddleston returns post IW him master his magic a bit more and become a forcew to be reckoned with in the Strange series.
I think he needs to die for in IW to be honest
As for his physical strength, figured as much. He's inhumanly strong by human standards. But not much more so than Cap and not nearly as much as Hulk or Thor.
I still think his strength is well above Cap and the Other Super-Soldiers considering how little Impact Cap had against Loki in Avengers 1 Germany fight Loki "No sold" everything except Cap's kick

Things Loki withstood with little damage:
Small Arms fired by SHIELD Agents
Being hit by a Mind Gem blast reflected off of Cap's shield
Being Hit with Ironman Repulsar Weapons
Being hit with the prototype SHIELD gun based off the Asguardian Destroyer Robot
Clint's Explosive arrow

Last edited:
Loki's power set is one of the most inconsistent in the whole of the MCU. Even more than Captain America. Don't think they have figured it out yet.

Loki's power set is one of the most inconsistent in the whole of the MCU. Even more than Captain America. Don't think they have figured it out yet.

Yeah I guess any villains true power depends on plot convenience.

^

I think he needs to die for in IW to be honest I still think his strength is well above Cap and the Other Super-Soldiers considering how little Impact Cap had against Loki in Avengers 1 Germany fight Loki "No sold" everything except Cap's kick

Things Loki withstood with little damage:
Small Arms fired by SHIELD Agents
Being hit by a Mind Gem blast reflected off of Cap's shield
Being Hit with Ironman Repulsar Weapons
Being hit with the prototype SHIELD gun based off the Asguardian Destroyer Robot
Clint's Explosive arrow

And you'd be correct. He's considerably above super-soldier level guys, but considerably below powerhouse like Hulk & Thor1

I'd say he's close to Iron Man strength level (Pre-Infinity War) but his durability is a higher.

Physically Loki's about 30% of Pre-Ragnarok Thor, his cunning and Thor's unwillingness to hurt him let him hold his own briefly. I used to think their durability was close but nah it's not.

Upon further inspection everything Loki had taken Thor has taken with MUCH less trouble. Repulsor blasts, Hulk slams, massive falls, being stabbed, even bullets (Loki took shots from hand guns, Thor took shots from The Quinjet's machine guns)

Last edited:
Post-IW:

[BLACKOUT]I don't know why Loki didn't use any of his more powerful tricks against Thanos, like making multiple versions of himself which he's done in far less threatening situations. I mean, it definitely wouldn't have worked and we saw that when Doctor Strange faced off against Thanos later on in the film, but Loki didn't even try. How could he have possibly thought a knife attack from the front would possibly have had any effect on Thanos?[/BLACKOUT]

Post-IW:

[BLACKOUT]I don't know why Loki didn't use any of his more powerful tricks against Thanos, like making multiple versions of himself which he's done in far less threatening situations. I mean, it definitely wouldn't have worked and we saw that when Doctor Strange faced off against Thanos later on in the film, but Loki didn't even try. How could he have possibly thought a knife attack from the front would possibly have had any effect on Thanos?[/BLACKOUT]

He just was ready to die.

Last edited by a moderator:
Post-IW:

Since when has the space stone ever been to freeze beings inplace?

The way the stones were used in IW was different than prior Movies and i wonder if that is the inconsistency of writers or representative of Thanos' personality.

When Ronan had the Power Stone he was pretty much invulnerable to everything and was clearly being boosted by the stone while Thanos did not boost himself with the stone merely using it for energy attacks and effects on other things

Thanos is just far more proficient with the stones, the previous wielders (especially Malekith with Reality Stone) were bozos and were obviously inefficient with the stones.

In Ragnarok we learned that he can shapeshift, that's a really cool magic skill. Even Strange can't do it. Sadly it was offscreen.
Also memory manipulations with Odin and Valkyrie.
Loki's magic is very inconsistent in MCU.

In Ragnarok we learned that he can shapeshift, that's a really cool magic skill. Even Strange can't do it. Sadly it was offscreen.
Also memory manipulations with Odin and Valkyrie.
Loki's magic is very inconsistent in MCU.

He shape shifted in TDW as well, he turned into Captain America.

He's far less durable in fact, as evidenced by both of their reactions to being slammed repeatedly by Hulk.

Loki was disabled and let out a low pitched squeal, while Thor got up completely unscathed brushed off his cape and got serious.

He shape shifted in TDW as well, he turned into Captain America.

In TDW it was just an illusion (immaterial, you cannot touch it), while in Ragnarok it was material since Thor took the snake into his hands. That's the difference between shapeshifting and glamour/illusions.
Anyway it's a shame Loki was never shown shapeshifting in combat and onscreen. It would've made some fabulous scenes.

In the scene with Thanos Loki would turn into snake and stab him crying "Mblergh, it's me!"
Or crawl away

Last edited:
He's far less durable in fact, as evidenced by both of their reactions to being slammed repeatedly by Hulk.

Loki was disabled and let out a low pitched squeal, while Thor got up completely unscathed brushed off his cape and got serious.

In terms of every other character that audiences have been following around, that's still pretty damn durable. You could even chalk up his expression in getting beat by Hulk as simply an unexpected shock via the context of the joke, which makes his mental fortitude weaker.

In terms of every other character that audiences have been following around, that's still pretty damn durable. You could even chalk up his expression in getting beat by Hulk as simply an unexpected shock via the context of the joke, which makes his mental fortitude weaker.

Oh definitely Loki is still INSANELY durable MCU Loki is a freaking TANK, but it wasn't just his expression he had visible scars and struggled to get.

Thor had zero scars and stood up COMPLETELY uneffected, like nothing happened. There is a clear discrepancy in the durable of the two, Thor is about 3 times as durable.

Thanos threatened Thor's life with an Infinity Stone, he simply choked Loki to death, there's a reason for that.

Post-IW:

My thoughts exactly! He had a cosmic cube in his hands! Unless in the MCU the Tesseract is different, he could adjust wished him (Thanos) away. I have a feeling Loki got away with another illusion. But without a doubt the Tesseract was real so I'm not really sure.

My thoughts exactly! He had a cosmic cube in his hands! Unless in the MCU the Tesseract is different, he could adjust wished him (Thanos) away. I have a feeling Loki got away with another illusion. But without a doubt the Tesseract was real so I'm not really sure.

The Tesseract is just the Space Stone in the MCU, it's not the actual Cosmic Cube.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"