Vol2
TWS
AoU
A
DS
CW
SH
TR

A close second might be the reveal that the Mandarin was really just a soccer hooligan with a Cockney accent in Iron Man 3. I've come to accept it since (Hell, I even enjoyed the Hail to the King short), but it really took me out of the movie the first time I saw it.

But both of those moments are Oscar caliber if we venture into the TV part of the MCU. Inhumans set quite a low bar there.
I laughed to my heart's content on Mandarin's reveal.

Onto the first Thor movie!

I still love this scene. Kinda crazy that this was our first glimpse into the cosmic side of the MCU. I loved it then and I still love it now.

[YT]rpVSKe_htwI[/YT]

Has anyone put together a chronological super cut of the MCU?

That Thor scene which introduces the tesseract is pretty much why my phase 1 viewing is:

IM, TIH, IM2, Thor, TFA, Avengers

The opening scene of finding Cap in the ice IMHO sets the proper time to watch the movie because the WWII piece is all flashback. Given that Cap didn't get a new suit until Avengers, I'm guessing he was thawed out closer in time to Avengers than IM 1.

Onto the first Thor movie!

I still love this scene. Kinda crazy that this was our first glimpse into the cosmic side of the MCU. I loved it then and I still love it now.

[YT]rpVSKe_htwI[/YT]

I love the Asgard scenes from the first film. With a few less Earth scenes it would be a fair amount higher up my list.

Very interesting takes here. I do the easy thing and fast forward to the stuff that I like in each movie. So this is how it usually goes -

Most of IM 1
The opening montage + university scene +final battle + closing scenes of TIH
IM 2 upto the briefcase fight + other Rockwell scenes + Donut bar scene + Final battle
All Asgard scenes in Thor 1
Most of TFA
All of Avengers
Most of IM3
All of WS
All of GotG
Most of Avengers: AoU
Most of Ant Man
All of CW
Most of Dr. Strange
Action Scenes + 3rd Act of GotG 2
Most of Spiderman: HC (do not own this yet)
All of Ragnarok (do not own this yet)

I love the Asgard scenes from the first film. With a few less Earth scenes it would be a fair amount higher up my list.

Same, though the first Thor movie is still really under rated for me.

Same, though the first Thor movie is still really under rated for me.
I think to an extent it gets lumped in with TDW even though it's a lot better for me.

I think to an extent it gets lumped in with TDW even though it's a lot better for me.

TDW is not fit enough to wipe the hammer of the original Thor, the first film is vastly underrated in MCU films.

Very interesting takes here. I do the easy thing and fast forward to the stuff that I like in each movie. So this is how it usually goes -

Most of IM 1
Most of TFA
Most of IM3
Most of Avengers: AoU
Most of Ant-Man
Most of Dr. Strange
Most of Spider-Man: HC
What will you fast forward through in all of these?

Eh, I'm the weirdo who thinks Thor and Thor TDW are both around the same level. Thor is probably the better movie but Asgard and the other realms we visit look and feel so much bigger and better in TDW that it gets bonus points for that.

MCU Rewatch - Film I - Captain America: The First Avenger

2251_captain-america-the-first-avenger-prev.png

This film was amazing and I really love it. Didn't care much for it before but it has so much heart. Steve Rogers is a really good person. Lot of great moments especially when Bucky "dies" the way Steve looks so sad while watching it was emotional for me. Red Skull is a awesome villain and it upsets me the actor won't come back. He was really good in this role. My favorite line of dialogue was "I'm from Reno, Ace". I hate that Peggy (who was extremely beautiful in this) doesn't get to be with Cap. :-(

latest

9/10​

Last edited:
Has anyone put together a chronological super cut of the MCU?

I read that and thought...Hmm, I bet somebody has. I'll look.

Sure enough I found something very interesting. A project that started in 2014 by a fan. It continues and grows with each release now. It's current form is MK 9. It's gone by many names including Marvel Cinematic Universe Omnibus. Now going by MCU A Chronology. The super edit is currently clocking in at just under 34 hours. 34 GB.

It doesn't include TV show stuff. Keeping it's focus on the MCU films. While including the 16 already digitally released Marvel movies (IM-DrS), all 5 One-Shots, WHIH videos, and over 60 deleted and extended scenes so far.

This supercut looks phenomenal, and I can't wait to watch it myself. The footage from all the above mentioned sources have been cut and spliced into a real timeline of events...Scene by scene.

Here's a rough outline of part 1 of 16 to get an idea.

Marvel Fanfare

The story of the beginning of the universe / the Infinity Stones
(Guardians of the Galaxy)

The story of the beginning of the universe / the Infinity Stones
(Thor: The Dark World)

3000 BC Malekith is attacked by the Asgardians
(Thor: The Dark World)

965 AD The Frost Giants attack Earth, and the Asgardians stop them
(Thor)

1941 Bucky Barnes comforts Steve Rogers after his mother dies
(Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

1942-1945 The events of the movie during WWII
(Captain America: The First Avenger)

1946 Peggy Carter works for SHIELD
(Agent Carter One-Shot)

1947 Dr. Zola begins working on Bucky Barnes
(Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

1953 Peggy Carter Interview
(Deleted Scene)

1974 Stark Expo Commercial featuring Howard Stark
(Marvel YouTube)

1975 Ant-Man (Hank Pym) on a mission in Panama
(Ant-Man)

1980 Ego and Meredith Quill in Missouri
(Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2)

1987 Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne attempt to stop a missile
(Ant-Man)

1988 Peter Quill's mother dies of cancer and he is abducted
(Guardians of the Galaxy)

1989 Hank Pym quits SHIELD
(Ant-Man)

1989 Hank Pym hides the Ant-Man suit
(Ant-Man Deleted Scene)

1991 Howard and Maria Stark are assassinated
(Captain America: Civil War)

1991 The Winter Soldier Program goes awry
(Captain America: Civil War)

Like I said. This looks like a very interesting and a new way to appreciate the MCU in true raw chronological form. Granted, the story telling sequence narrative will surely be kinda wacky. Being that there's going to be small bit pieces and scenes re-puzzled together. But if you're like me and have already done MCU Marathons, you already know the presented overall narrative as it was meant to be. This perspective adds new life and meaning to a marathon.

Something else that might be slightly controversial? I kind of prefer Terrence Howard to Don Cheadle. I think Cheadle is the better actor but Terrence sold a kinship with Downey that I just don't quite feel in the next few movies.

Nah, Terrence Howard is way better than Cheadle as Rhodey. I agree that Cheadle is a better actor overall, but I don't really buy Cheadle as a military man.

I read that and thought...Hmm, I bet somebody has. I'll look.

Sure enough I found something very interesting. A project that started in 2014 by a fan. It continues and grows with each release now. It's current form is MK 9. It's gone by many names including Marvel Cinematic Universe Omnibus. Now going by MCU A Chronology. The super edit is currently clocking in at just under 34 hours. 34 GB.

Well that answers that. . . . Thanks!

MCU Rewatch - Film I - Captain America: The First Avenger
This film was amazing and I really love it. Didn't care much for it before​
Sums up how I felt first time and second time I saw the film.

A close second might be the reveal that the Mandarin was really just a soccer hooligan with a Cockney accent in Iron Man 3.

Watch the movie again, because this is flat out wrong. They did not, in fact, reveal that the Mandarin was a cockney-accented soccer hooligan. They revealed that the Mandarin was the charming tech genius with the dragon tattoos who proceeds to do stuff like karate chop Tony's armors into pieces.

Kinda Funny youtube channel are doing this 1 MCU movie a week marathon and doing reviews. Now they are at Iron Man 2.

I actually agree with them a lot on Iron Man 2. You can also watch their take o Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk in the previous videos.

Last edited:
I haven’t posted my reviews in here for a minute but I’m on the first Guardians.

Much as I like Chris Pratt in these movies, I’m now kinda mad Marvel didn’t give Glenn Howerton (Dennis from Always Sunny) the role. He tried out and I really would have preferred him as Star Lord. He’s got better comedic timing and is just a better actor, plain and simple.

Don't tell me he's bad at the d*** message. :o

Was originally going to start this after the New Year, but I'm just gonna wait til after Black Panther.

I'll skip Hulk and go

Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Thor
Cap
Avengers

Iron Man 3
TDW
TWS
Guardians
Ultron
Ant-Man

Dr Strange
Civil War
Homecoming
Guardians 2
Ragnarok

Mostly release order still but swap a couple films around.

Started mine the Friday after I saw Black Panther. Iron Man is still great and in my top 10 MCU and watched The Incredible Hulk today and while I do think it's pretty decent, it just feels so out of place now.

Does anybody know when they started that....

xxxxxx will return in xxxxxx -- James Bond type thing in the MCU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"