MCU: Phase II

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be

2013: Iron Man 3 / Thor 2
2014: Captain America 2 / Hawkeye
2015: Black Widow / The Incredible Hulk 2 / Dr. Strange
2016: The Avengers 2

As long as I get my Captain America and Thor trilogies, I couldn't care less what else comes along.

Maybe it's because I haven't seen the movie yet so I'm not jonesing for it, but I don't need another Avengers movie for a while. I'd kinda prefer that not be the second big crossover movie and have that survive as it's own franchise a ways down the road while they establish smaller heroes or do the other more unique stories they were allegedly considering like Ka-Zar and Guardians of the Galaxy. I only boned up on their info from Wiki, but now that I have I think that **** sounds awesome. And a great way of taking the superhero/Marvel movie in another direction not familiar to us, preventing fatigue and showing they can continue being done differently.

What i heared until now of Ant-Man seems very interesting and creative

If i had it my way... Marvel would put out 3 films a year 2 big films and one smaller film (2 summer, one winter)

Phase II will obviously consist of sequels
-Iron Man 3
-Captain America 2
-Thor 2
-Incredible Hulk 2
(hopefully)
-(eventually avengers 2)
-and possible Black Widow/SHIELD film

this is why is suggest 3 films a year.. its kind of a must if we want any new characters announced. They obviously want to build up there universe, so i believe it's important to pick characters that DO expand the marvel universe. For me... it's location location location...

-Black Panther: He's pretty much a must imo, he's an avenger (great for avengers 2), he's a leader of a nation, Wakanda could be so inspiring and beautiful.. a futuristic/modern wealthy african nation (that alone could actually inspire many people) His film would also offer many amazing visuals we've yet to see in movies.

-Namor: he's an integral character to the Marvel Universe... and he brings us Atlantis. It would be a highly ambitious film.. having most scenes underwater. Not the most likeable character, so he will be tricky to work with. you gotta make him tough, make him an ass.. but in a way make him vulnerable and sensitive so the audience can see why he's such an ass. He could even have a captain america cameo with an invaders scene... there's really alot you could do with him.

-The Savage Land (Ka-zar, Zabu, Shanna, Devil Dinosaur, Sauron (if fox doesnt own him). Don't make the film about a hero, but the island itself (yes the main characters of course would be Ka-zar and Shanna, but you get what i mean). We've yet to have a modern day movie where a Tarzan like character.. enter a "Turok" type world full of dinosaurs and alien technology. I think it'd be huge.. and even bigger if released before JP4 (if that ever sees the light of day) I really think marvel should beat them to the punch

last but not least...
-Cosmic Marvel.. cosmic marvel is tricky.. because so many space characters (silver surfer, galactus, super skrull, annihilus, and probably blastaar and the Shiar too) are all owned by fox, so they'd really have to work around that. Best choices would obviously be Captain Marvel, The Inhumans, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

these would be my major players for a Phase II

as for littler films that are far more self contained rather than expansive would obviously be

-Dr. Strange
-Antman
-Heroes for Hire
(screw individual luke cage/ironfist movies.. just go ahead and combine them)

and last but not least...
-The Runaways (totally do it in the spirit of Super 8 and the Goonies in showing the Marvel universe from the eyes of children/teens)

I do feel that Marvel will burn out the GA on superhero movies

I think Marvel needs to stick with no more than two movies per year, otherwise they'll oversaturate the market and people will get burned out on comic book movies. .

i don't buy it. if marvel does these films correctly... movies like (dr. strange, Namor, Inhumans, Guardians of the galaxy, Savage Land, etc... wont come off like "super hero" movies. They will be science fiction at it's best.

I hope that MArvel looks at some not sequel movies soon. I know theyve spoken about them alot specifically Black Panther and Dr. Strange, but mostly all I hear right now are sequels (which is understandable due to the first films's success)

if anything they could make new movies with a quick cameo by an avenger. like WWII cap fighting the black panther.

i don't buy it. if marvel does these films correctly... movies like (dr. strange, Namor, Inhumans, Guardians of the galaxy, Savage Land, etc... wont come off like "super hero" movies. They will be science fiction at it's best.

I agree!

Until now of their future plans that may or may not be already in Phase II are:
2013: Iron Man 3/ Thor 2

Other Sequels:
-The Incredible Hulk 2
-Captain America 2

Spin-Offs:
-War Machinne
-Black Widow
-S.H.I.E.L.D.
-Hawkeye

Reboots:
-Frank Castle Movie
-Blade

Lesser Known Properties (characters marvel is thinking of how to introduce):
-Black Panther
-Cable
-Iron Fist
-Nighthawk
-Vision

Movies that are suposedly in development:
-Ant-Man
-Inhumans

Small Scale: ($20-40 million movies based on lesser-known characters)
-Dr. Strange
-Ka-Zar
-Luke Cage
-Dazzler
-Power Pack

The ultimate question becomes, what is the second 2014 film?

Right now, Cap is doing very well...200 Million US isn't out of the question, and with probably no less than 100-125 Million guaranteed foreign (with the possibility of more) a Cap sequel is about an 85% go.

Captain America 2 will likely take the May 2, 2014 slot (my last day in my 20s; holy ****.) That leaves the July 2014 slot for another character.

Any guesses?

Right now, Cap is doing very well...200 Million US isn't out of the question, and with probably no less than 100-125 Million guaranteed foreign (with the possibility of more) a Cap sequel is about an 85% go.

Captain America 2 will likely take the May 2, 2014 slot (my last day in my 20s; holy ****.) That leaves the July 2014 slot for another character.

Any guesses?

Dr. Strange

Any guesses?
In a recent interview in comic con they said that if everything goes as planed Ant-Man will be released by 2014

Before Avengers 2 comes out, I'd like to see:

Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2
Giant Man (an integrated version, not a standalone Edgar Wright thing)
Black Panther
SHIELD (Starring Nick Fury and Black Widow)
The Incredible Hulk 2
Luke Cage

For Avengers 2, I hope they build up to Thanos and something really big and alien. I don't think that Ultron will be big enough by himself, and I think Giant Man needs him as a foe in his own movie.

Before Avengers 2 comes out, I'd like to see:

Iron Man 3
Thor 2
Captain America 2
Giant Man (an integrated version, not a standalone Edgar Wright thing)
Black Panther
SHIELD (Starring Nick Fury and Black Widow)
The Incredible Hulk 2
Luke Cage

For Avengers 2, I hope they build up to Thanos and something really big and alien. I don't think that Ultron will be big enough by himself, and I think Giant Man needs him as a foe in his own movie.
Edgar's version will be integrated with the cinematic universe, that's why marvel didn't put him in avengers

I see Avengers being an ever expanding Space epic.

Avengers 1: Loki/ Hulk + First Hints of the Skrulls
Avengers 2: Kree / Skrull War
Avengers 3: The Infinity Gauntlet saga.

I don't see typical avengers villains (Kang, Ultron) becoming the focal point for the series.

I also don't see Ant-Man as a hero they could seriously bank on for a big box office...the only big box office potential I see left in the marvel stable is Black Panther, Namor or Dr. Strange...anything else will have to be a Daredevil level 85 Million dollar budget.

Last edited:
Their next move after the whole Avengers space opera thing should be to create a Marvel Knights franchise. There are so many great street level, anti-hero, mystical characters in Marvel that this would kick butt on the big screen.

Edgar's version will be integrated with the cinematic universe, that's why marvel didn't put him in avengers

I seem to recall him distinctly saying it's its own thing. What made you think otherwise?

This is how I see it [ideally] going down:

2013:

- IRON MAN 3 (MAY)

- THOR II (JULY)

2014:

- ANT-MAN (MAY)

- BLACK PANTHER (JULY)

2015:

- CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 (MAY)

- NAMOR, THE SUBMARINER (JULY)

2016:

- THE AVENGERS 2 (MAY)

The first phase of the MCU had 5 movies leading up the first cross-over. Here we have 5 again, since IM3 is said to be a stand-alone film.

I also like the idea of the roster changing with Tony being given a breather after IM3 making room for new Avengers like BP and the Pyms.

I can really see Marvel doing a movie where the threat is Namor and his people since they seem to be going the cosmic route with the first Avengers film.

This is how I see it [ideally] going down:

2013:

- IRON MAN 3 (MAY)

- THOR II (JULY)

2014:

- ANT-MAN (MAY)

- BLACK PANTHER (JULY)

2015:

- CAPTAIN AMERICA 2 (MAY)

- NAMOR, THE SUBMARINER (JULY)

2016:

- THE AVENGERS 2 (MAY)

The first phase of the MCU had 5 movies leading up the first cross-over. Here we have 5 again, since IM3 is said to be a stand-alone film.

I also like the idea of the roster changing with Tony being given a breather after IM3 making room for new Avengers like BP and the Pyms.

I can really see Marvel doing a movie where the threat is Namor and his people since they seem to be going the cosmic route with the first Avengers film.

I seriously doubt Ant-Man will ever carry a May. I also doubt they'd have a 4 year wait between Cap movies.

2013: Iron Man 2 / Thor 2
2014: Captain America 2/ New Franchise
2015: Avengers 2
2016: Thor 3 / New Franchise
2017: Captain America 3/ New Franchise
2018: Avengers 3

Is a more likely scenario imo...they're going to keep pumping out sequels to the big movies...This is of course, just summer franchises. Smaller movies will make it into other spots; that's when Marvel will release Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc. Those will not be $150 M films, with big Summer release dates.

I seriously doubt Ant-Man will ever carry a May. I also doubt they'd have a 4 year wait between Cap movies.

Is a more likely scenario imo...they're going to keep pumping out sequels to the big movies...This is of course, just summer franchises. Smaller movies will make it into other spots; that's when Marvel will release Ant-Man, Luke Cage, Hawkeye, Black Widow, etc. Those will not be $150 M films, with big Summer release dates.

I don't see them doing a second Avengers movie just 3 years after the first one. You need more time to set it up with individual films (with Phase 1 we had 5 films in 4 years).

I also don't see why Ant-Man wouldn't be given a summer spot, or BP. Edgar Wright has alot of cred in the business (even if Scott Pilgrim didn't perform at the BO) and BP for me is another Thor - an unknown character to the GA that will capture their attention with his eye-catching world and make decent numbers during its run at the BO (not Iron Man numbers).

I also don't see Hemsworth doing a third Thor before another Avengers movie. Its oversaturation for the character.

If they do a cosmic space opera they need to start with Captain Marvel and the Kree-Skrull war. They can even include the Inhumans in it as they actually played a role in the original comic series.

You don't seem to like ant-man very much :csad:
Ant-Man will be one of the big movies for marvel, if the movie achieves success is a different thing, but i can see him being an important character in the avengers movies.

since there aren't many blockbuster movies in october/november usually, I do hope Marvel considers to open a 3rd slot around that time in 2013. if abrams is able to start shooting Star Trek (1)2 in january for a december release, wright is absolutely able to deliver an ant-man movie until october 2013

since there aren't many blockbuster movies in october/november usually, I do hope Marvel considers to open a 3rd slot around that time in 2013. if abrams is able to start shooting Star Trek (1)2 in january for a december release, wright is absolutely able to deliver an ant-man movie until october 2013
he said it woulb be released in 2014 if everything went acording to plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back