The Avengers MCU: The Art of Marvel's The Avengers (Discussion)

Especially in Caps case.

I actually thought the final suit was the best they ended up with among all those concepts. That is not a good thing. Again, this is for those that don't like the TA suit, the designers shot themselves in the foot from the first step because they went the opposite of what drove their design philosophy with TFA, so naturally all their concepts came out looking like a modern USO outfit.

I actually thought the final suit was the best they ended up with among all those concepts. That is not a good thing. Again, this is for those that don't like the TA suit, the designers shot themselves in the foot from the first step because they went the opposite of what drove their design philosophy with TFA, so naturally all their concepts came out looking like a modern USO outfit.
I think the big thing that they wanted was a suit that looked more like the comic book version but still looked modern and functional. I still wish they would have kept some pieces from the TFA suit, but overall, I was pretty happy with it. The biggest changes I wish to see are a star on the back and the red/white striping to go all the way around, both of which help make the back not look so plain.

Uh, if you're afraid this book is gonna depress you, maybe don't buy it. two cents.

Whedon has stated that he expects Cap to have multiple suits going forward. Dictated by the type of mission. So those who were upset by the Avengers design have that to look forward to.

tumblr_m3qobuHOJE1qajc4eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3qobuHOJE1qajc4eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m3qn3muUE61qajc4eo1_250.jpg
tumblr_m3qn3muUE61qajc4eo2_250.jpg
tumblr_m3qn3muUE61qajc4eo3_250.jpg
tumblr_m3qn3muUE61qajc4eo4_250.jpg
tumblr_m3qn3muUE61qajc4eo5_250.jpg
tumblr_m3qn3muUE61qajc4eo6_250.jpg

This wasn't included in the book, but stumbled across this on Tumblr. One of adi's chitauri concepts
tumblrm3ximfk5xt1qgicti.jpg

Too much stuff going on. Would've worked if we were dealing with the Kree race, but it's an entire different territory.

Hey buddy! I agree 100%. It has great potential for another alien race, which I'm hoping is the reason it wasn't included in the art book.

Hey buddy! I agree 100%. It has great potential for another alien race, which I'm hoping is the reason it wasn't included in the art book.
Hey, long time no see, man) How are you?) Did you like the Avengers? Looking back at all of the Art books, this one seems awesome, but at the same time it misses little things that others had (like alternative/unused posters) and, as you've mentioned, more alien designs.

Loved the movie! I've been trying to get a 2nd viewing all week, and I may finally get one tomorrow! But yeah, the alternative posters were what I was looking forward to the most. The book is very satisfying though.

Loved the movie! I've been trying to get a 2nd viewing all week, and I may finally get one tomorrow! But yeah, the alternative posters were what I was looking forward to the most. The book is very satisfying though.
Nice, somehow I knew that you, of all people, wouldn't leave the cinema being disappointed)) What I've noticed is that the Art of Thor (some insane stuff) & IM2 (more or less) have the biggest collection of unused posters, whereas Cap & IM1 books have less content in that section.

Interesting, I'm wondering if they're starting to use less alternatives in the 'Art of' books for future usage; or inspiration. Probably not, but I've been searching on ebay in case someone has them.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'm wondering if they're starting to use less or any alternatives in the 'Art of' books for future usage; or inspiration. Probably not, but I've been searching on ebay in case someone has them.
I think they won't use too much from the old stuff in terms of the design, man. I mean, when you'll see IM's new armor in threequel you'll understand what I'm talking about. Try Amazon. They def. should have some of them (separately or in The Art of Marvel Studios book) for the pre-order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"