JewishHobit Reboots the Marvel Universe

WOW, lots of info. skimmed most of it.
I liked a lot of the ideas, and could really get behind them. Some of them could be used without a total relaunch revamp situation.

I love the idea of the Future Foundation becoming this big science organization, with the Fantastic Four in the center. I would love to see Reed, Stark, Pym, Parker, Banner, Dr. Nemisis, Dr. McCoy, and various Marvel scientists (not all at once), passing through the FF and banding together to help change the world.

I also LOVE the idea of the Ultraverse being brought into Marvel, I would make many of them Mutants since Ultravese had the Ultras (basically mutants). Prime would be like Marvel's Mutant version of DC comics Captain Marvel. I would make Prototype an Iron Man supporting character, a armored pilot from a rival company (eventually more companies would be able to create their own Iron Man type armor).
I also would bring in the idea that Ultraverse used a lot where some of their Ultras (mutants) don't have any powers without an outside force, like Black Tom in Marvel or Prototype in Ultraverse. These mutants don't show any mutations without something like another mutant bringing it out or something.

I also love the idea of bring the rest of the X-men universe into the Marvel universe, they have become way to isolated. I came up with an idea a while ago where Cyclops was spear heading a campaign where he would draft out members of his X-men to different teams, trying to make sure that each team out there like the Avengers or the Fantastic Four had a mutant on the team.

I'll read the rest later.

Like it overall. The streamlining, the team book focus, integrating mutants, all that stuff. It's unlikely that Wolverine and Spider-Man would be reduced to two books a month any more than Superman or Batman would. As cool as the ideas are, I think I would do all them differently.

Phaerus' is good too. Crazy eclectic, and a pretty smart.

My Thoughts:

Let the big team books head up the different corners of the Universe. Unfortunately I could only come up with 39 Titles :(

• Mainstream Titles (9 Titles)
    • The Avengers - Basically the Classic (ala EMH cartoon) lineup. An Event book, on the forefront of anything. Always, something big building or going on. Not for character growth, for spectacle.
    • The Amazing Spider-Man - Spider-Man's Peter Parker Power and responsibility book, focus on the supporting cast, lots of guest spots and stuff.
    • The Spectacular Spider-Man - Spider-Man's spectacle, crossover and Team-up book.
    • The Incredible Hulk - Another spectacle book, keep the psychology subtle for the NuHulk fans, but Banner will be back, but more as Hulk's sidekick. Strength stunts a plenty.
    • The Invincible Iron Man - Sort of like James Bond, but privatized, and he keeps all his gadgets on him at all times.
    • The Courageous Captain America -
    • The Mighty Thor - As much machismo and grandiosity as you can cram into one book. Should be known for cool monsters and great one liners, like the movie 300.
    • The Irredeemable Ant-Men - Three very different men co-op the same superhero gig. A scientist, a secret agent and a thief.
  • X-Men Titles (9 Titles)
    • Wolverine and the X-Men - Where Wolverine shows off and the kids hang out. They need him, and he needs them. Kind of like Batman and a slew of Robins.
    • Uncanny X-Men -The superhero book, plenty of mainstream crossovers, dealing with mainstream villains, and not with mutant issues. Cyclops heads this team, though he's quite young. Original 5 X-Men, who are the oldest students in the reboot.
    • Adjectiveless X-Men - With the actual word "Adjectiveless" in the title. Deals with Xavier dealing with all the X-Men, with a rotating primary team from a sizeable school.
    • Brotherhood of Mutants - Magneto's book. He has his own students, and they are more anti-heroes than villains. Starts with his split from Xavier.
    • X-Force - Cable's book. He's from the future, he's trying not to mess up the past while empowering a group of kids. Crossovers with SHIELD and Marvel Knights events. The New Mutants, bascially, at young high school age.
    • X-Factor - The Government's book, and a teenager heroes book they have their own way to deal with these types of kids.
    • The Exiles - A team of fan-favorite X-Men that basically gets stuck back in 616.
    • Wolverine - A man caught between lives, memories and ideologies. Lots of grittyness and badassness and stunts and such.
    • Deadpool - The comedy book it was always designed to be. For hardcore fans, basically.
  • Marvel Knights Titles (7 Titles)
    • Heroes for Hire - Power Man and Iron Fist run the company, but they've got a lot of contractors
    • S.H.I.E.L.D. - Flesh out the organization, with Fury squarely at the center, though not in an adorable way, more like in a House MD way - the guy who will do anythin to get the job done.
    • Marvel Knights
    • Punisher
    • Daredevil
    • Black Panther - More focus on political intrigue than super-technology.
    • Dr. Strange
    • Thunderbolts - Known supervillains, unconvictable, defying superheroes with their deceptively heroic acts day in and out, but constantly breaking down. Mix of original Thunderbolts and fan fave villains.
  • Cosmic Titles (6 Titles)
    • Fantastic Four - The Original Four, family based, fantastic adventures of all sorts.
    • Future Foundation - The organization, with Reed at the head of some crazy sci-fi events.
    • NovaCorps - Handling all sorts of cosmic events. Richard Rider at the forefront. Biggest problem going in: Galactus killing off people's planets.
    • Guardians of the Galaxy - A true full out sci-fi book, one human gateway character, everyone else, all out.
    • Captain Marvel - Rick Jones is back, baby, a hapless if ingenious teen at the center of a
  • Teen Titles (5 Titles)
    • Young Allies
    • The Young Avengers
    • Runaways
    • Skaar
    • X-23
  • Adventures Titles (3 Titles)
    • Power Pack
    • Spider-Man Team Up
    • The Mighty Avengers

I wasn't so thrilled with a Magneto book; but, seeing how you made it a Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants team book, I find myself a bit thrilled with the idea. I would pick up Brotherhood Of Mutants, for sure.

First I would start off by rebooting the stories. Starting with the Origins for all of the solo books. For the Avengers I would release it every 2 months instead of every month and make it a double sized. The Amazing Spider-Man and Uncanny X-Men would be the only 3.99 books while the rest set at 2.99 or a few at 1.99 just to get some attention to them.

I would say that villains shouldn't just be used for one character. Like Kraven could fit with Black Panther, Green Goblin vs Iron Man, etc. If someone big like Galactus ever comes about against the Fantastic Four then I think this story should effect all the other characters too. I mean if the World Eater is coming why should the FF be the only ones that has to bare that burden? Or if a villain has came up with a devestating plan then other heroes should at least reference this in some form.

I think that almost all of the characters need to reference each other in some fashion. Maybe the occasional team up?

Teams like The Avengers or X-Men would have a rotating roster for the action parts of stories.

Since I would start out with the origins it would be a while into it before Captain America came into modern time but when he does I think something like that would deserve at least a reference in most of the titles.

My plans would take a lot of collaberating with all of the writers but I feel like all these characters share the same universe so they should acknowledge that they exist other than the big time events ex: Civil War, Fear Itself. I would really try to expand on the heroes stories before they were the heroes and how they became the heroes. How often do we see pre-Captain America Steve Rogers? I feel like the man before the serum is extremely important to his story and it's not focused on enough really.

1. The Amazing Spider-man
2. Alpha Flight
3. Ant-Man
4. The Avengers
5. The Avengers: Solo
6. Black Panther
7. Blade- Character stays the same but I would make it where there aren't many vampires around and he's trying to finish the rest off.
8. Cable
9. Captain America
10. Captain Britain Corps
11. Cloak and Dagger
12. Daredevil
13. Deadpool
14. The Defenders
15. Doctor Strange
16. Electra
17. Fantastic Four
18. Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze)
19. Hawkeye and Black Widow
20. Heroes For Hire
21. The Howling Commandos- Fury in his younger days with the HC.
22. The Incredible Hulk
23. Inhumans
24. The Invincible Iron Man
25. Journey Into Mystery- I would focus more on when Odin was younger or on his war against the Frost Giants stuff like that.
26. The Kingpin - WOuld be about how Kingpin runs the organized crime and hire villains for certain jobs
27. Luke Cage
28. Magneto and the Brotherhood
29. Man Thing
30. The Mighty Thor
31. Moon Knight
32. Namor The Sub-Mariner
33. New Warriors
34. Nick Fury and SHIELD
35. Nomad (Jack Monroe)
36. Nova
37. Peter Parker
38. Professor-X: Charles younger days. More about how he learns to control his powers and his recruitment of the X-men
39. The Punisher
40. She-Hulk
41. Silver Surfer
42. Symbiote: The symbiote from Spider-Man. I think it could be interesting to see the symbiote on different planets maybe? different eras of time? Stuff like that
43. The Thunderbolts
44. Tomb of Dracula - Old school. Show the tale of Dracula and eventually tie in with Blade
45. The Uncanny X-Men
46. Vision
47. Werewolf by Night
48. What If?
49. Winter Soldier
50. Wolverine

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"