Marvel Films MCU Thunderbolts - Team suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll be revealed this was to be General Ross's wet work team, but his heart finally gave out. They are called Thunderbolts in his honor, but they are off the books. The team consists of

Valentina(Leader)
US Agent(field commander)
Baron Zemo
Abomination
Yelena
Ghost
Taskmaster
Bullseye

All have a background in Black ops/military/law enforcement(If they keep Bullseye's origin from the Netflix series)

I would note that, if Abomination is part of the roster, this implies that Project Thunderbolts at least has the *appearance* of legitimacy during its development. After all, we saw Wong doing what seemed to be training regimens for Abomination, which he presumably wouldn't be doing if the project was openly villainous. Which doesn't mean that Val isn't imagining it as "My personal evil black ops Avengers", just that she's probably pitching it to various *actual* Avengers as "this is basically a parole team for reform-minded supervillains".

I would note that, if Abomination is part of the roster, this implies that Project Thunderbolts at least has the *appearance* of legitimacy during its development. After all, we saw Wong doing what seemed to be training regimens for Abomination, which he presumably wouldn't be doing if the project was openly villainous. Which doesn't mean that Val isn't imagining it as "My personal evil black ops Avengers", just that she's probably pitching it to various *actual* Avengers as "this is basically a parole team for reform-minded supervillains".

I could see this. This also got me wondering if killing Clint was a test for Yelena. Maybe Val had to show that Yelena could make the right choices in the heat of battle. It doesn't mean Val doesn't have some other agenda, but there has to be some way she earns Yelena's trust enough for her to join the Thunderbolts (assuming that's the case).

I could see this. This also got me wondering if killing Clint was a test for Yelena. Maybe Val had to show that Yelena could make the right choices in the heat of battle. It doesn't mean Val doesn't have some other agenda, but there has to be some way she earns Yelena's trust enough for her to join the Thunderbolts (assuming that's the case).

Not sure how a test like that is supposed to earn Yelena's trust. If she hadn't passed an innocent person would be dead at Yelena's hand because of someone screwing with her. Again. That would Valentina just Dreykov Light (now with fewer mind control drugs).

Not sure how a test like that is supposed to earn Yelena's trust. If she hadn't passed an innocent person would be dead at Yelena's hand because of someone screwing with her. Again. That would Valentina just Dreykov Light (now with fewer mind control drugs).

I don’t disagree. But I also don’t think Marvel is above that sorta logic just to move things along. Yelena going after Clint was silly in the first place.

Hawkeye
Zemo
Yelena
Abomination
Monica
US Agent
Red Hulk
Deadpool

US Agent
Zemo
Yelena
Ghost
Abomination
Titanium Man (Justin Hammer)
Taskmaster

I'm hoping those rumors from several years back on The Leader being the villain turn out to be true. It'd be cool to see that plot thread from TIH followed up on after all these years.

Last edited:
Here's some left field possibilities: America Chavez, who has been part of the team in recent comics, and Wong, who we already know is connected to Abomination, and currently has America is his care at Kamertaj.

I do not like the idea of America Chavez or Wong joining the Thunderbolts.

I am all for more Wong, but this is not the right project for him.

I'd take Bucky and Clint. Bucky moreso if we're getting US Agent too. Clint could be on the team for the Yelena interactions. I'd love that.
I certainly want Yelena Clint interactions but Hawkeye has spend time being a legit hero now (even though we know what he's capable of as Ronin). Yelena/US Agent are at the minimum level of conflict I want, and that's easier from newer, still mysterious characters. I'd love to have characters like Bucky in a special ops ground team of streel level heroes but for Thunderbolts I want the more genuinely capable-of-being-bad-right-now characters, it would be different if this was closer to the end of TWS where there was more room for doubt. Just my personal preferences for this team's values but I'm not going to complain about any of those mentioned being included as they will interact well with the others.

I could see Bucky and Clint being involved, but only *after* Val is ousted and the team transitioned to a genuine "reform parole for supervillains". Not only would neither of them fit into an unadulterated black ops villain group, but I can't see Val *wanting* either of them on her black ops squad. It'd be just asking for either or both to hijack the team and oust her.

I certainly want Yelena Clint interactions but Hawkeye has spend time being a legit hero now (even though we know what he's capable of as Ronin). Yelena/US Agent are at the minimum level of conflict I want, and that's easier from newer, still mysterious characters. I'd love to have characters like Bucky in a special ops ground team of streel level heroes but for Thunderbolts I want the more genuinely capable-of-being-bad-right-now characters, it would be different if this was closer to the end of TWS where there was more room for doubt. Just my personal preferences for this team's values but I'm not going to complain about any of those mentioned being included as they will interact well with the others.

While Clint may have been pardoned for his action as Ronin due to him fighting against Thanos (since in Falcon in the Winter Soldier, everyone who fought against Thanos was pardoned for any crimes they may have committed), someone like Val may not see it that way.

I so hope, those rumors about
Antarctica and Ka-Zar are true

I hope that they can find a way to differentiate itself from the two Suicide Squad movies.

If Marvel were to recast Thunderbolt Ross, should they use Sam Elliot since he already played him in the Ang Lee film? That would at least be a face we've seen before and who was decent in the role instead of having a third actor play the part. Maybe they could even say that William Hurt's version somehow gets replaced or merges with his multiverse version to get Sam Elliot.

If Marvel were to recast Thunderbolt Ross, should they use Sam Elliot since he already played him in the Ang Lee film? That would at least be a face we've seen before and who was decent in the role instead of having a third actor play the part. Maybe they could even say that William Hurt's version somehow gets replaced or merges with his multiverse version to get Sam Elliot.

Elliot is 76 now and very much looking his age. It would be much smoother to just cast someone who feels believably the same age as the Ross we knew. Hurt was six years younger than Elliot but he also looked much younger than his age, so I wouldn't expect Thunderbolt Ross to have been any older than late 50s early 60s last time we saw him (in 2019).

My suggestion for Thunderbolts is Nathan Cooms Nathan Tooms fkin hell why did i write Nathan twice Adrian Tooms aka Michael Keaton aka the Vulture. It is Mandatory to have a flying iron man like character unless they can get the Beetle. I just feel a Spidey villain would elevate the team to another level of familiarity and likeability

Nah. One, because Elliott is really old these days, they probably don't want to cast an actor who might have to drop out due to health reasons. Two, because the version of Ross that Elliot played was a good guy, and the Thunderbolts as they are being set up are clearly not a good guy plan. *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"