Meg concept art

What's the point of hireing someone to do concept art for a huge shark anyways? "So, as you can see from the concept art.... MEG will look like a shark... only larger!"

megalodon.jpg

Kent said:
What's the point of hireing someone to do concept art for a huge shark anyways? "So, as you can see from the concept art.... MEG will look like a shark... only larger!"

what happens in Hollywood is when someone wants to make a movie they have to pitch the idea to the people who hold the money. During these pitch sessions they try to get the Execs excited about the project. One of the ways to do this is by hiring an artist to paint what a scene might look like. George Lucas did this for Star Wars.

roach said:
what happens in Hollywood is when someone wants to make a movie they have to pitch the idea to the people who hold the money. During these pitch sessions they try to get the Execs excited about the project. One of the ways to do this is by hiring an artist to paint what a scene might look like. George Lucas did this for Star Wars.

Oh, I understand the idea of concept art. I just think concept art for a huge shark is sort of stupid. These execs must be legally ******ed to need the concept art in order to conjure an image of what a scene in the movie might be like.

I found this where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano.
168-565c.jpg

So can anyone elaborate on these books at all? And why the shark is called Meg?

Jan De Bont's last few movies:

Tomb Raider 2
The Haunting
Speed 2

TheVileOne said:
And why the shark is called Meg?

Meg is short for megalodon, a huge species of prehistoric shark.

what was so special about this book that made it anything more than your average shark/monster movie?

I've read all three of the books in the series and I think they kick ass. Very scary stuff. If the movie is just like the book I will love the biscuits out of it. :up:

Yeah, there's nothing earth-shatteringly original about the stories, but they're just so darn EFFECTIVE at conveying horrifying shark scenes, and having at least a DECENT storyline in the process. If you think about it, Jaws was really not THAT stupendous a storyline - but it certainly got the point across, and was not the least bit UN-entertaining for it. :D

Steve Alten has talent, no doubt about it - he's a little raw in my opinion (I've never been a big fan of his female characters, for example), but his books definitely deserve a well-made movie as a result. :)

Yes by Jan De Bont. He sure makes classic horror films like THE HAUNTING.

You will believe Owen Wilson is scared of teletubbies.

Based on the crappiness of the first Meg novel, I'll be amazed if this movie doesn't suck. There is a tiny chance that it could be mindlessly fun if it doesn't take itself too seriously and if the FX are up to speed.

The Lizard said:
Based on the crappiness of the first Meg novel, I'll be amazed if this movie doesn't suck. There is a tiny chance that it could be mindlessly fun if it doesn't take itself too seriously and if the FX are up to speed.
I disagree, I found the book entertaining and even scary sometimes. :( But I agree 100% on the effects, the crappy cgi shark moments in Deep Blue Sea actually HURT to watch. Much like the countless DTV shark movies. Please, PLEASE let them either use awesome cgi, or a huge mechanical shark. :(

DOG LIPS said:
I disagree, I found the book entertaining and even scary sometimes.

And I used to think you were cool. :( :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"