Mel Gibson is "Odysseus"

He's rumored to play a pirate or what?

James Franco got blacklisted out of an Oscar nomination for his crappy behavior, and WB might cut Johnny Depp out of further Fantastic Beasts sequels, yet Gibson, who has been caught on tape multiple times saying racist **** and pleaded guilty to beating the crap out of his ex-wife has been forgiven. As usual, people pick and choose who they think is guilty (or they simply don’t care in some cases) because they’re fans of a particular person. Roman Polanski is a talented filmmaker too. Doesn’t change the facts that he raped a child and fled the country to get away with it

And I wouldn't blacklist Franco either, and I object to Depp's casting as Grindelwald because he's blatantly phoning it in and didn't give a **** about the part, not because of any outside issues or who you believe between him and Amber Heard.

I don't have to make any judgment on what Gibson is or isn't guilty of to think he's a good filmmaker and to be interested in his projects.

James Franco got blacklisted out of an Oscar nomination for his crappy behavior, and WB might cut Johnny Depp out of further Fantastic Beasts sequels, yet Gibson, who has been caught on tape multiple times saying racist **** and pleaded guilty to beating the crap out of his ex-wife has been forgiven. As usual, people pick and choose who they think is guilty (or they simply don’t care in some cases) because they’re fans of a particular person. Roman Polanski is a talented filmmaker too. Doesn’t change the facts that he raped a child and fled the country to get away with it
Gibson actually beat up his ex-wife?

Gibson actually beat up his ex-wife?

He pleaded no contest to hitting his wife. Still when do we decide a person deserves a second chance? He seems to has done everything right since then. Should he give up his job and work at mcdonalds now? I'm a little bias though... the man was in one of my favorite trilogies.

That poster just seemed to be waiting for this moment.

All I'll say is get over it, move on and don't watch anything he's attached to.

I can’t help but feel like he might be a little old for Odysseus and it’d almost be better if he was directing instead of starring.

Yeah I mean, if they follow The Odyssey closely, it’s like a 20 year journey. That means Odysseus would be in his 80s by the end of the movie.

Unless maybe they de-aged him a little at first, and then his grizzled weathered current appearance could fit for later when he finally makes it home.

Yeah I mean, if they follow The Odyssey closely, it’s like a 20 year journey. That means Odysseus would be in his 80s by the end of the movie.
:whatever:

If you actually read the article you would know that the film takes place upon his arrival back home to Ithaca. So no he won't be 80 by the end of the movie. :loco:

Honestly I hadn’t realized that either and it reduces my interest to know it’s basically only covering the end of the story.

Honestly I hadn’t realized that either and it reduces my interest to know it’s basically only covering the end of the story.

Same here.

This story or "epic" was fun because of all the adventures and troubles he would run into before he returned. I guess they are turning it into a somewhat realistic drama?

Same here.

This story or "epic" was fun because of all the adventures and troubles he would run into before he returned. I guess they are turning it into a somewhat realistic drama?
Yes, this seems to be the case.

So this is going to be him coming home and trying to explain where he's been for 10 years after Troy while political/romantic intrigue unfolds at home? Sounds kind of interesting.

Ya'll know my stance on Gibson. lol

Man, I was hoping he get back in the director chair. He had an epic Viking film with Leo Dicaprio attached a looooong time ago. I was hoping to hear an update on that.

Ya'll know my stance on Gibson. lol

Man, I was hoping he get back in the director chair. He had an epic Viking film with Leo Dicaprio attached a looooong time ago. I was hoping to hear an update on that.

I can't take the idea of DiCaprio as a Viking seriously, but an epic Viking war movie sounds like a good fit for Gibson as a director.

I can't take the idea of DiCaprio as a Viking seriously, but an epic Viking war movie sounds like a good fit for Gibson as a director.

Well, I think tis' was the only way to finance such an epic and costly film at the time. An A Lister like Leo.

Get Tom Hardy. He could break his record for grunting more times than his past films and shows (Taboo).

So this is going to be him coming home and trying to explain where he's been for 10 years after Troy while political/romantic intrigue unfolds at home? Sounds kind of interesting.
This has potential if done right.

Instead of Odysseus, just let him play Mad Max again in the next movie if you want to let him out of Movie Jail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"