Metal playlist thread

Addendum said:
If Metallica releases a greatest hits album, I won't buy it. I have what I need from them

True .. I pretty much have all their albums :o :up:

Addendum said:
If Metallica releases a greatest hits album, I won't buy it. I have what I need from them

You know they will though. :mad:

LastSunrise1981 said:
You know they will though. :mad:
If they do, I don't care.

I have the Cliff Burton albums and Cliff 'Em All on DVD. My Metallica collection is closed.

Metal bands that I listen to:

Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Slayer, Alice in Chains (they'll always be metal to me, just improperly labeled when they hit it big), Motorhead, Sepultura (which I was glad to see on Vh1's list), Pantera, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Anthrax, White Zombie, Rob Zombie, Motley Crue, Faith No More, King Diamond, Venom, Messhugah, Metallica, Megadeth, Type O Negative, Diamond Head, Deftones, Dio, KISS, Scorpions, Fireball Ministry, Monster Magnet, Powerman 5000, Danzig, Living Colour, and just about a thousand more.

I dont have all there CDs simply because i refuse to pay 22$ for something released 22 years ago. x4 to get all there 80s music is just plain dumb to me.

I've not considered Faith No More metal, though I enjoy their stuff. And my Judas Priest collection is still non-existent. That boxset of theirs is a ***** to get

stryfe said:
I dont have all there CDs simply because i refuse to pay 22$ for something released 22 years ago. x4 to get all there 80s music is just plain dumb to me.
Um, go to a music store that sells them cheaper.

I know of places that sell their albums brand new between 12-15 dollars.

Or get them used for 7 bucks.

Addendum said:
I've not considered Faith No More metal, though I enjoy their stuff. And my Judas Priest collection is still non-existent. That boxset of theirs is a ***** to get
Faith No More are all over the place, but I think they're metal at their roots.

Same with Mr. Bungle then.

It's great hearing death metal, techno, country, video game music, jazz, swing, calypso and polka all in one song :D

Metal you say? Well this is my current playlist on my mp3:

Gamma Ray - Majestic
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Savatage - Ghost in the Ruins
Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
Kreator - Scenarios of Violence
Primal Fear - Seven Seals
Megadeth - The system has failed
Overkill - WFO
Manilla Road - The Deluge
Manowar - King of Metal
Cannibal Corpse - Kill
Kamelot - The Black Halo

And I am currently lystening to Emperor - Emperial Live Ceremony:ghost:

Well, Metal has evolved alot since its inception... do you want classic metal like Sabbath and Zeppelin, or the much more intense heavy metal of the NWOBHM and the 80s/90s?

That asked here are some suggestions:
Black Sabbath:
Paranoid, Black Sabbath, Hole In The Sky, Iron Man, War Pigs, Sweet Leaf, Snowblind, Hand of Doom, Never Say Die, Sabbra Cadabra

Led Zeppelin:
Immigrant Song, Kashmir, Black Dog

Iron Maiden:
Run To The Hills, The Number of the Beast, Fear of the Dark, 2 Minutes To Midnight, Wicker Man, Brave New World, Futureal, Flight of Icarus, Aces High

AC/DC:
Highway to Hell, Whole Lotta Rosie, You Shook Me All Night Long, Back In Black, Givin' The Dog A Bone, Hell's Bells

Metallica:
Seek & Destroy, Whiplash, Ride The Lightning, Fade To Black, Call of Ktulu, Master of Puppets, Welcome Home (Sanitarium), Battery, The Thing That Should Not Be, Disposable Heroes, ...And Justice For All, One, Harvester of Sorrow, To Live Is To Die, Enter Sandman, Through The Never

Dream Theater:
Pull Me Under, Under A Glass Moon, Take The Time, Lie, Mirror, Peruvian Skies, Hollow Years, Home, As I Am, This Dying Soul, Never Enough, Sacrificed Sons, The Glass Prison, The Root of All Evil, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, Metropolis Pt 1, 6:00, These Walls

Pantera:
Cowboys From Hell, Cemetary Gates, 5 Minutes Alone, This Love, I'm Broken, The Art of Shredding, Hole In The Sky, Goddamn Electric, F**king Hostile, Immortally Insane, Walk, Drag The Waters

Black Label Society:
No More Tears (Kicks Ozzy's version's ass), Born To Booze, All For You, Stillborn, Sold My Soul

That should be enough to get you through a while :)

As I Lay Dying - Empty Hearts, Control is Dead

Green Lantern said:
Black Label Society:
No More Tears (Kicks Ozzy's version's ass)
WHOAH! Who sings it? Zakk?
I've never heard it.
That's one of the most perfect songs ever, and I'll bet that version doesn't have the keyboards and the Beatles rip-off part, am I right?

No its totally f**king hardcore and badass. Zakk sings it and it starts with an amazing solo. Its on Alcohol Fueled Brewtality (along with BLS versions of Snowblind and Neil Young's Heart of Gold :up:.)

holy crap. All I've heard of them is a live DVD that pretty much sucks because everyone's so drunk. Must hear NMT.
I used to get drunk, turn that on and play it 15 or 20 times in a row.:)

Addendum said:
If they do, I don't care.

I have the Cliff Burton albums and Cliff 'Em All on DVD. My Metallica collection is closed.

I'd only buy it for some of the rare Dave Mustaine performances. Dave would probably throw a fit if that happened though.

That's the video where he gets knocked the **** out by someone much smaller than him, right? (won't play on my computer for some reason)

'Cause as much as I love Glen Danzig the musician, Glen Danzig the belligerent bodybuilder irritates me.

The only Danzig albums I want are the first 3, maybe the fourth.

I'll get them eventually, but they're not "must haves" for me

yeah, anything after Rick Rubin is pretty crappy. I highly suggest the first four, all of em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"