Metal playlist thread

I had them on my hard drive, but I got rid of them after a few months.

newmexneon said:
My recommendation's

Machine Head - Any of their albums are a great addition to a collection. Been tearing it up for over 10 years and still sound as clean and as heavy as day 1.

Trivium - Fairly new band. They only have 2 albums so far but both are really good. These guys will hopefully make solos popular again.

Chimaira - These guys are the new Slayer. No singing, no melodies, just in your face heavy ****ing metal.

Killswitch Engage - Howard Jones is the best vocalist in the metal scene today IMO.

Those are my top favorite bands along with Metallica.
Here are some other bands I also enjoy.

All That Remains
Kittie
Hatebreed
36 Crazyfists
Devildriver
Soulfly
Still Remains
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
The Agony Scene
Biohazard
Fear Factory
A Dozen Furies

A few of your choices...
a few were not really metal. Some of them were hardcore, which is really just metal minus solos plus a drop of emo. As I Lay Dying rocks my socks...

Get the first 2 Machine Head albums, and the first 2 Fear Factory albums

I'd recommend some stuff, but most of the stuff I listen to is power metal. Not very hard-core lyrics and tone wise, but some sick musicians.

Power metal is some great stuff.

Helloween (especially the 2 Keeper of the Seven Keys albums), Blind Guardian, Tad Morose, Angel Dust...

Just a few that I've heard that I enjoy

Addendum said:
Power metal is some great stuff.

Helloween (especially the 2 Keeper of the Seven Keys albums), Blind Guardian, Tad Morose, Angel Dust...

Just a few that I've heard that I enjoy

I go for the less dark stuff, like DragonForce. Doesn't agree with some people, but others like it.

Gerard Way said:
A few of your choices...
a few were not really metal. Some of them were hardcore, which is really just metal minus solos plus a drop of emo. As I Lay Dying rocks my socks...

I don't follw genre calssifications, all the bickering about who belonged where really pissed me off so I just call almost everything metal, because techincally it is all metal.

Leto Atrides said:
I go for the less dark stuff, like DragonForce. Doesn't agree with some people, but others like it.

OH GOD NO!! How can you like them? I heard the song on Headbangers Ball: The Revenge and imeediatley had to turn it off.

I want anybody who listens to a lot of metal to explain what they like about the genre, in detail. I'm open to it.

newmexneon said:
OH GOD NO!! How can you like them? I heard the song on Headbangers Ball: The Revenge and imeediatley had to turn it off.

I like them because they are crazily over-the-top. I love it. I don't really take it that seriously. It's just really enterataining.

8Ball2/JanG5 said:
I want anybody who listens to a lot of metal to explain what they like about the genre, in detail. I'm open to it.
Why should it even matter?

Sarge 2.0 said:
Why should it even matter?

I think he's asking a similiar question to me...he's open to it and wants suggestions about why metal is good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"