Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Thread of HYPE

Here is mine...I have 5 or 6 friend vouchers I would like to trade and try out the system.

7030-1878-3840-6171

Plus it would be good for future Mario Kart and SSBB matches.

I'll have to add you roni.

I'm hoping Canadaland has enough Wiis, cause if the Falcon is not available this month, I'll get a Wii first.

You know what's sad? I never could beat that Giant Plant boss in Prime 1....and then I sold my Gamecube :cmad:

But then again, it will be awesome to get to play 1, 2 and then 3 :up:

I did kind of get the hang of it back then (I mean, a few more tries and I could have done it), but I think my ex-gf's brother wanted to borrow the game, and then he kept it for months, and then I sold the GC :cmad:

I love this game. Best controls for a FPS ever. I wish they wouldn't use cut-scenes though, because it really takes me out of the game every time and the graphics look too sterile when they pull out like that. The sound design is also a disappointment. But it doesn't matter because the controls are so damn good. Too bad about the timing though, because as much as I love this game, I keep comparing it to Bioshock, and honestly, I can't think of any game since Grim Fandango that can compete with Bioshock.

Here is mine...I have 5 or 6 friend vouchers I would like to trade and try out the system.

7030-1878-3840-6171

I'm sending you a request now.

Metroid Prime 3 Outsells BioShock - Over 400,000 Copies

The first week BioShock was released it sold an amazing 400,000 copies. I was looking at at this week’s sales numbers for all 3 consoles and noticed Metroid Prime 3 sold more than BioShock.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption bests former overall sales leader BioShock in its first week of release, becoming the week’s single best-selling software title across all platforms in the United States. With few major Wii releases on the horizon, Corruption’s place atop the chart is likely to remain uncontested over the next several weeks as well. Positive buzz from upcoming titles like My Sims and Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party could bring a reshuffling of chart positions in the near future, however.

I do want to note that BioShock was released for the 360 and PC(updated). Metroid Prime 3 on the other hand was released for the Wii only. This has to be big news for developers. . .especially when the average game breaks even at around 200,000 copies.

http://www.tehgamr.com/2007/09/02/metroid-prime-3-outsells-bioshock-over-400000-copies/

Excellent news for Retro and Nintendo. I hope they do a new IP for the Wii...get some new blood for Nintendo's ever growing AAA franchises.

Both games deserve whatever sucess they can get and more, but I'm curious as to how relaible the source for this story is.

Beware. The ending has made it on to the internet. Just letting you guys know.

I'll prob get this game and end up getting into it and then getting stuck just like the last two

Can I play and enjoy the game if I haven't played 1 and 2?

morph-ball-acquired1.thumbnail.jpg

Bump

7030-1878-3840-6171

Im at work, but ill add mine when i get home. Looking forward to some Smash matches between the hypsters.

Sorry to double post, but no one would see this unless I bumped:
I beat the game last weekend, now I'm playing through it on Veteran mode.
I also just made this game today, it's not all that great, but what the heck:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Voidv2/38168

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"