Michael Bay brings "The Last Ship" to TNT

Finally started getting caught up on this, it's really sort of lost my interest these last couple seasons after enjoying the first few.

Got a bit of a grin seeing Robocop's the bad guy this year though, that's pretty sweet. Pretty funny how he says "man" every other word, ageing 60s hippie. Ah well, Weller's got my interest, might as well see out the rest of this season, see how it all wrap up.

Holy s***! That dress!

Another Pearl Harbor?

Not Pearl Harbor, but the destruction of the Colonial Fleet at Caprica. Instead of hacking via Balter we had the focus on Commander Gunderson's phone going into a locker and all the integrated systems including those on 40 year old Harrier VSTOL jets became nonoperational. Instead of Boomer being shot down behind enemy lines we have Green's SEAL Team behind the lines in Grand Colombia.

It was about as close a point to point remake as The Fast and The Furious was following the original Point Break script.

This show is such a different animal now to the show it was when it started. As we head into the final episode I still think this sequence from the pilot was the action high point of the series run.

And it begins the season with the attack of the Colonial Fleet at Caprica and ends, after side trips to Olympus Has Fallen and Valkrye, with The Enemy Below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"