Revenge of the Fallen Michael Bay out of the way!

So for part 3, we need to put him on a leash and smack him with a newspaper when he wants to add any fart jokes or testicles. Smack him hard.

i would wanna go with a different director to be honest. And maybe a new character designer too because I've never seen so much messy looking robots in my life.

Louis Leterrier could handle a TF film pretty well, imo.

I think the robots look fine. Especially the Autobots.

Sideswipe's design is my favourite. He just looks like a badass. :woot:

I thought this Movie had some great designs. I like most of the Constructicons, the Autobots looked great. Especially Sideswipe, one of the most badass looking new Transformers in the Movie. And he got so little to do.

Sideswipe sure did make an impression, considering what little time he had.

I think they should cut down on robots for the next movie (if there is one).

Just have Prime, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Arcee, Jolt and Wheelie.

As for the Decepticons, as long as the big three are there, I don't really care.

Is there even one of the Arcee's alive? Haven't they been turned into cannon fodder in the final battle?

No. It's just some of their nano-material covering them. Also, Starscream flew into space in his plane form at the end of the first movie.

You could make the argument that the sabot rounds hit under their protective coverings, but that's pretty weak.

I'm pretty sure they land inside some sort of capsule that probably burns up or disintegrates upon impact. Alternatively, it's not made 100% clear exactly what their weaknesses are.

I'm pretty sure they land inside some sort of capsule that probably burns up or disintegrates upon impact. Alternatively, it's not made 100% clear exactly what their weaknesses are.

Yeah, I could swear there were crumbling pieces of capsule around them when they landed in TRANSFORMERS.

this really makes no sense...your asking us to be mindless so we can enjoy a movie...whaaat?

Sorry, but no. I refuse to shut my brain off and enjoy a movie when it comes dangerously close to Scary Movie humor territory. Giant Transformer testicles were simply not needed. The whole Movie would've been better if they would've toned the stupid down.

Well, that's your PROBLEM!

You refuse to Accept for what this movie is.

But I can understand, if you hate Michael Bay movies, you won't like this kind of movie.

I SWEAR if another Director like Bryan Singer is the director instead, there will be Little to NO action!!!

You will have A GREAT story/Acting, but Action is ****... It still WON'T win Oscars Because X-men 1, X-men 2, The Dark Knight all didn't!!! Despite how 'MATURE' and Oscar-Worthy they are!!!

Well, I tell you what, with this Transformers, I prefer ACTION Over Story, ANYDAY!!!

You can't please everyone!!!

Last edited:
I think it'd be kind of a waste to pay all that money for CG robots and then just have them stand around discussing existential questions. It's about GIANT EFFIN' ROBOTS, so it's only natural that we want the movie to have as much footage of them kicking ass as possible. If this were a movie about humans all played by real actors, then my standards might be a bit different, but as it is I thought TF2 accomplished what it set out to be very well.

I think it'd be kind of a waste to pay all that money for CG robots and then just have them stand around discussing existential questions.

Instead we get giant effin' robots standing around doing smack talk. :whatever:

Well, that's your PROBLEM!

You refuse to Accept for what this movie is.

But I can understand, if you hate Michael Bay movies, you won't like this kind of movie.

No u seem to refuse that fact...the other people ask for more from a hollywood film director...sorry if this is what you like and he is only capable of. If so, then i'm flying to hollywood asap and start directing....

and i dont know how many times it's been said..no one is hating bay..they are being objective..plan n simple...we all dont have to like this film..

I SWEAR if another Director like Bryan Singer is the director instead, there will be Little to NO action!!!

i agree..but there's a thing call'd balance..that's what a good film intales...

You will have A GREAT story/Acting, but Action is ****... It still WON'T win Oscars Because X-men 1, X-men 2, The Dark Knight all didn't!!! Despite how 'MATURE' and Oscar-Worthy they are!!!

again..u keep fallen into this as a counterpoint..not one person has or is asking for an oscar worthy film. U like others, are taken what fans are saying about this movie to the extreme..u are micheal bay'ing things...a.k.a "blowing things up 1,000 times more then it has to be.."

Well, I tell you what, with this Transformers, I prefer ACTION Over Story, ANYDAY!!!

You can't please everyone!!!

that's the kind of movies u will only watch? if so..then i feel for you..u will miss some great movies then....

Last edited:
No, he ment with THESE Transformers movies, thats what he wants. And so do I.

And no, I dont always like or watch these movies. Look at Van Helsing. It may be brainless, like TF...but I hated it.

But still....since there was no movie that came before it, I couldnt be prepared for what was to come. Unlike TF.

Was Spielberg even still attached as a Producer?

He is an executive producer -- and judging by the quality of the movie he was off doing something else and got paid for doing zip on TF-2. He was also billed as executive producer on the last two Shia LaBoeuf films too -- Eagle Eye and Transformers.

I'm still mystified why Spielberg didn't direct these pics himself -- hell, he could have virtually the same scripts and cast but it would've been exponentially better. He knows how to get actors to emote, he doesn't overcut his action sequences and there's a confident, professional feel to the entire production (even if some of his films are bona fide crap).

I'd prefer having Bay do TF3

but I want Bad Boys 3 more.

I'm mixed on if Bay ever left or if he stayed. I liked the first one, but ROFT just didn't do it for me. Hell, I went in with my brain turned off, just wanting to be entertained, but I was still bothered by the film's problems which I pretty much ignored in the first. If he can use CGI wisely(none of this shaky cam crap) and focus on the transformers more than the humans then I'm all up for a third Bayformers.

i'm torn on whether Bay should direct the next one or not. part of me wants a new director because this movie had FAR too much idiot humor and dumb/random moments that i'm 90% sure were Michael Bay's ideas, but i also think it's a bit too late to switch directors for the third one...especially if they intend on ending a trilogy.

i'd like to see a new director (depending on who it is) but if Bay ends up directing the sequel then i hope they keep him on a tight leash for the non-action scenes. let him make all the eye candy he wants, but they should leave the crude, dumb humor out. get a character writer and consultant in there and give the Transformers the proper characterizations that they deserve.

If Bay did return for a third film, you better believe Paramount and Dreamworks are gonna pull rank if necessary. Yeah, this movie is making Scrooge McDuck paper, and may break a few more box office records, but the studio can only take so much bad press. Especially when it comes to allegations of racial stereotyping. Even George Lucas can sit back now and say, "At least I didn't got THAT far!" And Lucas' racial transgressions go back to even the original trilogy! 'Cause you know damn well Lando's co-pilot in Return was supposed to be a Mexican day laborer!

This is basically Bad Boys 3 right here, content wise. It came off as borderline R to an extent with some of the stuff in it, but that PG-13 rating is so broad you can go from light, like Spider-Man, to hard, like...this. Honestly, this flick should have had the amount of scatological humor and cussing that say, Star Trek and Iron Man did, considering the property.

I think Bay can do better. Some say we shouldn't act surprised and should've seen it coming, but I don't recall any other Movies of his having as much sexual content and brain dead jokes. The one coming close would be Bad Boys 2, but what's with his other Movies like Armageddon, The Rock, Pearl Harbor? And I haven't seen the Island yet, but was that anywhere near as brainless and tasteless as Transformers 2?

Posted by 'Gorb' on the Rottentomatoes forums:

It's a bad sign when you're watching what's clearly meant to be some very intense action and you notice that Megan's white jeans never get dirty. Buildings are literally falling down on top of these two but Megan's pants remain spotless. What's even stranger is that LaBoof's clothes get torn to shreds over the course of this scene. Does it seem weird to anyone else that it wouldn't occur to Bay to tear Megan Fox's clothes up, given such a perfect excuse? You have to assume that Megan finally put her foot down here and refused to be further objectified. I just made myself laugh.

:up:

On Tuesday I didn't think Bay should leave the franchise.

On Wednesday I did.

This is basically Bad Boys 3 right here, content wise. It came off as borderline R to an extent with some of the stuff in it, but that PG-13 rating is so broad you can go from light, like Spider-Man, to hard, like...this. Honestly, this flick should have had the amount of scatological humor and cussing that say, Star Trek and Iron Man did, considering the property.
yes in a way this humor in ROTF was really like Bad boys :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"