Michael Bay's "Transformers" Vs. The Fantastic Four (merged 2)

I'm gonna see Transformers if it comes out on the same day.....well porbably not, I never see movies on opening day. I would see Transformers if I did though. I wish they'd bring back Mask and make a movie outta that.:)

Kool-Aid said:
I'm gonna see Transformers if it comes out on the same day.....well porbably not, I never see movies on opening day. I would see Transformers if I did though. I wish they'd bring back Mask and make a movie outta that.:)

ok...

Transformers is shaping up to be a major disappointment on par with the first FF. At this point, I don't care who "wins" this July 4 battle.

MJB said:
True very true, but Bay will deliver. The story may be weak, but the action and fx are going to rock. Giant transforming robots. That's never been on the big screen and it's freash in a way. The kids are going to love it. Can f4 compete with the Transformers?? Hell yes, just not coming from Fox.

Fox has an impressive list of blockbusters and usually ends up coming in the lead every summer, So what are you smoking? I'd rather it was fox than Paramount, Universal, New Line, Disney, anything Weinstein and probably even WB. Transformers cast was announced and anybody who’s anybody that I've read was disappointed (note i am a Josh Duhamel fan)
Now i have enjoyed previous Michael Bay films but its obvious hes been going downhill with every release. IMPO FF2 has way less to be concerned about than Transformers. Does anybody remember the weekend that Pearl Harbor came out and the press was going crazy predicting it being the highest grossing weekend of all time "Is Titanic in trouble" and we all know how that turned out. Bad Boys 2 was successful for one reason Will Smith, which is why he gets paid 20mil plus a picture. And I don't even have to mention The Island. And all those movies had a better cast.

FF2 is in the safe un-doubly.

I just don't see the appeal of the Transformers to a wide audience. It's just not there. Can you imagine a 30 year old going to his friends and saying..."Let's go see Transformers!" I don't see that happening in packs. The "cool" factor isn't there, and Transformers are far from their peak in popularity in the 80's when the Transformers animated film flopped big time. Giant robots and crazy F/X dont' mean big box office. The trailer had better impress in a huge way or it'll be the biggest flop in 2006 no matter what these fanboy polls say.

i smell that crow cookin....someone will be eating it come July 4, 2007...who will it be?.....we shall see....

Advanced Dark i couldnt agree more, plus everyones going off about Giant Robots have never been in a movie before?? I can think of a few at hand but the first to come to mind is Sky Captain and that under-performed and had sick graphics.

Maybe the mass public is scared of giant robots.

Oh an War of the worlds really set a good standard for giant robots, but those are kind of different.

War of the Worlds was a giant mess to me. The director and actor sold that film as well as the F/X but that script sucked hard. The original film and book were far superior IMO. Though it made good money they screwed up a potential cool franchise out of that film.

I am one of the rare that also thought the movie sucked, and i blamed it on the fact that they wrote the script while shooting. One of the worse endings in a movie i can think of.

But this just tops it all, i just read this "from the writer of Catwoman"

HAHAHA any second doubts about this just got put to rest.

Advanced Dark said:
War of the Worlds was a giant mess to me. The director and actor sold that film as well as the F/X but that script sucked hard. The original film and book were far superior IMO. Though it made good money they screwed up a potential cool franchise out of that film.
What do you mean by franchise? You don't mean more WOTW movies do you cus that would be dumb.

Dynasty said:
I am one of the rare that also thought the movie sucked, and i blamed it on the fact that they wrote the script while shooting. One of the worse endings in a movie i can think of.

But this just tops it all, i just read this "from the writer of Catwoman"

HAHAHA any second doubts about this just got put to rest.
Why do people hate the ending its a good ending it was also from the book does no one read anymore.

Something that works in a book does not necessarily mean its going to be great onscreen, I hated the ending for multiple reasons like how the robots just died because they couldn’t adapt?? and toms son at the end an just BLAH

Dynasty said:
Something that works in a book does not necessarily mean its going to be great onscreen, I hated the ending for multiple reasons like how the robots just died because they couldn’t adapt?? and toms son at the end an just BLAH
The ending has a meaning to it you know I guess you just couldn't see that. :( No wonder no one bothers to read anymore. So how would you have made it let me guess you would have tom take over a tripod and fight them right.:rolleyes:

Advanced Dark said:
I just don't see the appeal of the Transformers to a wide audience. It's just not there. Can you imagine a 30 year old going to his friends and saying..."Let's go see Transformers!" I don't see that happening in packs. The "cool" factor isn't there, and Transformers are far from their peak in popularity in the 80's when the Transformers animated film flopped big time. Giant robots and crazy F/X dont' mean big box office. The trailer had better impress in a huge way or it'll be the biggest flop in 2006 no matter what these fanboy polls say.

Well said; right on the nose.

By the way, I'm sure lots of you have read or heard about the huge disappointment at the box office this past weekend for Tom Cruisazy's Mission Impossible III...
65 million was anticipated, but it grossed only 48 million.:p
FF and Batman Begins both opened to bigger numbers last year!:)

Malus said:
Well said; right on the nose.

By the way, I'm sure lots of you have read or heard about the huge disappointment at the box office this past weekend for Tom Cruisazy's Mission Impossible III...
65 million was anticipated, but it grossed only 48 million.:p
FF and Batman Begins both opened to bigger numbers last year!:)

48 mil for this weekend is nothing to sneeze at, and a summer movie should open more than a May movie...if it doesn't theres a bigger problem than mi3 opening w/ 48 million. BTW, what does this have to do w/ the thread? or F4? seems a weird thing to just put out there i'm sure theres a Tom hate thread in community for this stuff:o

Oh man, I can't wait until FF2 gets completely ignored at the Box Office on July 4th 2007. It's going to be Scooby Doo 2 all over again! LMFAO!

blind_fury said:
Oh man, I can't wait until FF2 gets completely ignored at the Box Office on July 4th 2007. It's going to be Scooby Doo 2 all over again! LMFAO!

PDNFTT

blind_fury said:

What do you care you'll be in the family room playing with your Transformers dolls. :o

JMAfan said:
48 mil for this weekend is nothing to sneeze at, and a summer movie should open more than a May movie...if it doesn't theres a bigger problem than mi3 opening w/ 48 million. BTW, what does this have to do w/ the thread? or F4? seems a weird thing to just put out there i'm sure theres a Tom hate thread in community for this stuff:o

48 million is crap for the first big summer weekend at the movies. However it did make 70 million overseas so that helps a bit. The overseas market will save many films as it will MI:3, The Island, and more to come.

JMAfan said:

Well the press seems to think 48 million was crap for MI:III.
That was the gist of practically every entertainment headline today. When the studio itself was expecting 65 million, 48 is definitely crap.
It's also substantially less than MI:II opened with, and that film did not have nearly the critical raves this one had going for it.
What does this "have to do" with this thread AND the FF? I'm sorry, I thought this thread (which has meandered all over the place at times) had become primarily about box office expectations and comparisons. I happen to think it's worth noting that even a supposedly sure-fire blockbuster like MI:III can shockingly under-perform, just as FF1 surprised Hollywood last year by breaking the long slump. Nothing in the movie biz is a "sure thing" anymore.
As for Cruisazy, it's officially open season on his nutty ass (the season runs from May 1st - Sept.5th) and I never miss an opportunity.
But I'll try to keep it on topic from now on. ;)

Advanced Dark said:

Um you do know that the average age of Xbox and Playstation buyers are 30 year old males.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"