MICKEY ROURKE For The Role Of CABLE

Pluto

Civilian
Reaction score

As a big Cable fan and a fan of Get Carter as well as Sin City I truly believe that the only man to play Cable is Mickey Rourke! He has that perfect look which is so rare in casting superheros and he has the gusto to really pull it off.

Would you be excited seeing big Mickey be Cable in the movies?

Thank you!

P.S. I love your avatar! Very cute!

He does seem to fit the bill facially I agree. Would Marvel look at a 'Cable' movie though?

Except Mickey Rourke doesn't exactly look like that anymore...

Hi odiin. Actually that is a recent pic. It's within 2 years I believe. He's gotten heavier this year but if he'd lean out he'd be right there I think.
And Peyton. Yes! I would sure hope so! Am I the only Cable fan here?

Hi odiin. Actually that is a recent pic. It's within 2 years I believe. He's gotten heavier this year but if he'd lean out he'd be right there I think.
And Peyton. Yes! I would sure hope so! Am I the only Cable fan here?

Can't be because he doesn't look like he's been bunched 9000 times in that picture.

Can't be because he doesn't look like he's been bunched 9000 times in that picture.

LOL!

I think that movie was with him and Kiera Knightly. It was recent. I forget the name.

I love that idea. I always thought Bruce Willis or him in my head growing up.

I love Bruce but too! I just see Mickey fitthing that look to a T. God I hope they make this movie!

Yeah Domino. Yeah I know I always thought Cable always looked a little worn too though.
I just think Mickey is the only guy with the size who could work. He's one of the only Arnold/Stallone type tough guys left. There aren't any guys his size with that bulldozer/handsome face look around now that are young are there? The Rock isn't white enough but he certainly has the size and that's the only guy I can think of.

Unfortunately, his boxing career led to some facial injuries that needed to be fixed through a number of surgeries. Over the course of the last couple of years his look has been significantly different everytime he was seen in public.

He always looks better on film than in public though like everyone else.

Mickey Rourke definitelt has the look and tough guy persona, but Cable is also pretty intelligent. I wonder if he could get that part. could he? Sure maybe but Im not 100%

Yeah. I agree. I just can't think of anyone else who can come close to that look you know. Mickey just kind of fits it I think.

That would be cool but unfortunately mickey will probably retire before it ever happens

Not bad, not bad at all.... I'd still prefer Kurt Russell, though

I agreed with Mickey Rourke until someone mentioned Kurt Russell, perfect choice.

Actually, ever since I saw a pumped-up Rourke in the Jean Claude Van Damme/Dennis Rodman vehicle 'Double Team' years ago; I kinda thought he's be perfect for Lobo - what with the face, build and gruff voice.

Seeing him in 'Sin City' as Marv only cemented that view.

He'd be great for Cable.

They'd need to change his origin for the film to work. He should just be a random soldier from the future.

Id rather see him in his own timeline than time jumping.

Post-Apoc mutant movie

God no! For both Russel and Rourke!

Rourke looked kinda good on that pic, but...no.

Actually, ever since I saw a pumped-up Rourke in the Jean Claude Van Damme/Dennis Rodman vehicle 'Double Team' years ago; I kinda thought he's be perfect for Lobo - what with the face, build and gruff voice.

Double Team was one of my favs. Jean Claude is such a stud too. He looked really good in that movie.

Double Team was one of my favs. Jean Claude is such a stud too. He looked really good in that movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"