Sequels Sony wanted Mickey Rourke before he signed for IM2?

How about Shocker? Though I could never see the Shocker being in a main villain role, Rourke fits Herman Schultz rather well.

First of all how reliable is this information… however to play Devil’s advocate, it could mean anything. If it’s a cameo role, than certainly I would say Rhino or Shocker or even what someone had suggested, maybe Eddie Brock(616).

However, if he is one of two main villains, I can only picture Scorpion. With that said, this would support my assertion that Lizard will not be one of the main villain in Spider-Man 4 and would be more of a major setup/development for a Spider-Man 5... providing the films are shot back-2-back.

I certainly don’t see Rourke playing Hammerhead

I could see him as Shocker.
Not by Micky Rourke, but hopefully, Shocker will be in Spiderman 4.

Shocker won't be in Spider-Man 4.

I think it could be either Kraven or Rhino.
If the villain is Rhino...please...put Shocker, too. I'd ask nothing else.
If it's Kraven, I'd like to see Gerard Butler playing him.

The only weird thing would be that he's in Iron Man 2, then Spider-Man 4.

That's like having Tobey Maguire play Peter Parker then go to play...say...Bruce Banner.

No, he'd not make a good Banner, but he's PETER PARKER. So this guy would be the IRON MAN villain.

It'd just be difficult to watch him in another movie, from the same universe, as a new character.

We dont know yet.

Yes, but even the most miniscule amount of logic humanly possible would be able to ascertain that Shocker has about as good as winding up in Spidey 4 as The Big Wheel or Boomerang. Seriously, suppress that fanboy-enthusiasm and realize that Shocker is, at best, a B-level villain, and there are about 20 more likely, more appropriate characters ahead of him.

Besides, why use Shocker when Electro is far more popular and pretty much the same deal?

I could see him as Shocker.
Not by Micky Rourke, but hopefully, Shocker will be in Spiderman 4.

I really don't want Shocker. I put him up there on my list of people I don't want in a Spider-Man series. Black Cat being one of them. Rourke as Kraven would have been cool though. And it's about time we got some news.

I love Micky Rourke and all, but he seems like a horrible choice for Kraven.....
Kraven should have ethnicity to him and great foreign prescence. Rourke, again no offense, is a hoarse voiced bag of meat.

I could definitly see him as Shocker tho....

Interesting news. I don't know even know who this guy is. But at least we have some new news!

You know you're getting old when you read a statement like this :)

My 1st hunch was Kraven too when I read the news. I'd say it'll be Kraven and Lizard in this one.

If they film 4 and 5 back to back, there'll be a 3rd villian in the bcakground pulling the strings or other such machinations.

Third? Heck there''ll be a third, fourth, fifth and SIXth character by the films end.

(I reckon)

I'm really hoping for an adaption of Kraven's Last Hunt for Spider-man 4.To me it would redeem the horribleness of Spider-man 4.I could definely see Rorke as Kraven.But playing two russian villains in back to back superhero movies might be a bit much.

I love Micky Rourke and all, but he seems like a horrible choice for Kraven.....
Kraven should have ethnicity to him and great foreign prescence. Rourke, again no offense, is a hoarse voiced bag of meat.

I could definitly see him as Shocker tho....

Exactly.
Rourke looks a horrible choice for Kraven, but seems to fit for the Shocker.

very interesting, i was thinking Kraven, maybe even Morbious, Sam Raimi did mention Morbious before

Yes, but even the most miniscule amount of logic humanly possible would be able to ascertain that Shocker has about as good as winding up in Spidey 4 as The Big Wheel or Boomerang.
Yeah...that's why he was one of the first villains to appear in the new cartoon series and is in almost every game.:whatever:
Shocker is a popular Spidey villain, and one of the first and most iconic, differently from those you mentioned.
Seriously, suppress that fanboy-enthusiasm and realize that Shocker is, at best, a B-level villain, and there are about 20 more likely, more appropriate characters ahead of him.
Sandman was too. Maybe even a C-list. And he was there.
But please, I'm curious...list the 20 more likely villains that are not B-list and are more appropriate.

Besides, why use Shocker when Electro is far more popular and pretty much the same deal?
Same deal?
Tell me what they have in common, besides water as a weakness.

Before Shocker I would rather have

1.Kraven The Hunter
2.Lizard
3.Electro
4.Mysterio
5.Hobgoblin
6.Vulture
7.Chameleon
8.Scorpion

not exactly 20 but all these I think are ahead of Shocker.

This is sorta shaky news for me. I was hoping that SM4 would have a sorta realistic villain. Venom and the black goo was a little too comic-booky-sc-fi. I really think that if they have Kraven, it will be a little stupid. but i have been wrong before. I really hope they have a villain like the vulture, or scorpion or shocker. I always loved those characters

Please, for the love of god. No Eddie Brock sr. Such a corny move.

Please, for the love of god. No Eddie Brock sr. Such a corny move.

I don't think you have to worry about Raimi ever doing another symbiote related character lol.

A man in modern day NYC running around with a big lion fur half-naked with a whip with some weird accent.

He couldn't look any sillier than the Goblins did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"