Sequels Sony wanted Mickey Rourke before he signed for IM2?

The first thing that came to mind was Kraven then Rhino. I could actually see the latter. I would like to see somethign else given to that character than just the dumb guy in a suit who always gets outwitted by Spidey.

A man in modern day NYC running around with a big lion fur half-naked with a whip with some weird accent.

Yea and...?

And I don't recall Kraven ever using a whip...hmmm

A man in modern day NYC running around with a big lion fur half-naked with a whip with some weird accent.
Goes right along with a man dressed as a goblin, a man made of sand, and a man with tentacles attached to his back runnin around New York. What is your point?

Thankfully, all signs are pointing to a Lizard/Kraven combo for SM4. Rourke could have been Rhino, but with the news from a while back about how the villain would be someone we know (i.e. Dylan Baker as the Lizard) I think it makes more sense that Rourke would have been Kraven.

Goes right along with a man dressed as a goblin, a man made of sand, and a man with tentacles attached to his back runnin around New York. What is your point?
For me, it's not about the suit, because that can always be modernized. It's just the backstory and motivation itself. Some "jungle" villain always came off as a weird opposition, especially as a top-lining villain.

You know you're getting old when you read a statement like this :)
LOL...I don't pay too much attention to actors or any celebrities. By the way, I'm sixteen, in case you think I was old.

As for Kraven: He could be in SM4. Although he may look ridiculous, due to the accent, the lion-fur-vest, and half-nakedness, he could be adapted/altered to look more realistic or at least look less silly.

I wonder if Rourke passed on a SM4 villain because the way SM3 turned out,or because it was a minor villain and not a main villain.

For me, it's not about the suit, because that can always be modernized. It's just the backstory and motivation itself. Some "jungle" villain always came off as a weird opposition, especially as a top-lining villain.
I don't really see the big deal. Kraven would not be the main villain nor the focal point of the story. That distinction goes to Connors as the Lizard. Peter's relationship with Connors as a mentor and friend. We also finally get some insight into Connors personal life as a father and husband and having to deal with these transformations. Peter having to find a way to help him reverse these affects and prevent him from harming himself and his family and innocents.

Kraven is an obstacle and nothing more. He is a well known hunter learns of this giant lizard rampaging in New York and comes to capture and kill the beast. This brings him into conflict with Spiderman. There really is no need for an extensive background as it can be established very quickly in the film. Everything revolves around Peter and Dr. Connors. That is all his role should be. I don't see a problem with his adaptation.

LOL...I don't pay too much attention to actors or any celebrities. By the way, I'm sixteen, in case you think I was old.

As for Kraven: He could be in SM4. Although he may look ridiculous, due to the accent, the lion-fur-vest, and half-nakedness, he could be adapted/altered to look more realistic or at least look less silly.

No, I suspected you were young. I'm at least one generation older than the average poster here now, if Mickey Rourke is relatively unknown. For me, he is very famous.

A modern Kraven is likely to be either a mercenary (say with experience hunting terrorists in the Middle East) who happens to hunt game as a hobby.

Or he could be a psychopathic version of Steve Irwin, the crocodile hunter, wh actually kills the things rather than trying to conserve them.

And shouldn't this thread be in the Spidey 4 forum?

I always felt Fraven shouldn't have that bit of a role if involved, just coming between Lizard or Spidey. But of course people would complain he's not developed, I wouldn't mind him having the smallest role.

I dunno, I dont see Rourke as Kraven. I keep thinking he looks just as he described himself in The Wrestler: an old, broken down piece of meat. He doesnt seem, well, healthy enough to play a convincing villain. I guess he could get into shape.

mickey-rourke-bad1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"