• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Microsoft's "Four X06 Megaton Announcements"

WhatsHisFace said:
That's not Megaton in any way at all. :dry:

Sure it is, just like the pink Playstation 2 was huge shattering news from Sony.

If it ends up being something ******ed like "four new faceplate designs", I'm going to cry :(

TheCardPlayer said:
RE5 first shown at X06.
Resident Evil 5 is also on the Playstation 3 and will never be an Xbox 360 exclusive. That wouldn't be a "MEGATON" announcement.

I highly doubt that Ninja Gaiden 2 will be an Xbox 360 exclusive now that the first one is being remade for the Playstation 3

Price drop coming this winter with packed in Gears Of War
I can see a price drop happening to make the Playstation 3 look even more expensive and look more compareable to the Wii. But I don't think it would get packed with Gears of War

Next Rare title.
I can see this as a megaton annoucement. It better not be anything f**king ******ed like Viva Pinata though. Maybe Killer Instinct 3 or Banjo Kazooie 3.

So what did they turn out to be? Halo Wars, Wingnut Interactive, Splinter Cell 5 exclusive I guess, anything else? Kind of disappointed that Microsoft didn't buy Asia or anything:(

hippie_hunter said:
I highly doubt that Ninja Gaiden 2 will be an Xbox 360 exclusive now that the first one is being remade for the Playstation 3
Maybe you'll doubt it when the project lead says it will be a 360 exclusive.

Oh wait, he already did.

Hippie_Hunter is the kind of person that still thinks Metal Gear games are worth money, so I guess this sort of thing is to be expected.

CM Punk said:
So what did they turn out to be? Halo Wars, Wingnut Interactive, Splinter Cell 5 exclusive I guess, anything else? Kind of disappointed that Microsoft didn't buy Asia or anything:(
Halo Wars, Wingnut Games, Banjo Kazooie 3, Bioshock exclusive, SplinterCell 5 (not Double Agent) exclusive, Kain and Lynch exclusive, 2 Epic GTA episodes exclusive...

I don't know... there was more...

punch_in_the_face.jpg

Pretty sure that the Wingnut Games creation, Banjo Kazooie 3, Halo Wars, and SC5 exclusive were the big ones.

farmerfran said:
Pretty sure that the Wingnut Games creation, Banjo Kazooie 3, Halo Wars, and SC5 exclusive were the big ones.

IT'S TOUGH TO SAY. YOU COULD DEFINITELY ARGUE THE 'GTA4' EXCLUSIVE CONTENT, AND TIMED EXCLUSIVE ON 'BIOSHOCK' WERE EQUALLY AS BIG.

I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WITH A FULL 2 DAYS TO SHOCK THE WORLD........THEY BLEW THEIR ENTIRE LOAD IN JUST OVER AN HOUR. :down:dry:

WhatsHisFace said:
The second day was just great interviews.

SO, NO 'FABLE 2' OR 'HALO 3'? NO NEW HARDWARE/ACCESSORY/PRICING ANNOUNCEMENTS? THAT'S PRETTY DAMN LAME; THEY SHOULD'VE AT LEAST SPREAD OUT THE MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS OVER THE 2 DAYS, IF THAT'S ALL THEY HAD. :o

I thought there would be a new bundle for the holidays, like a GoW bundle or something...

farmerfran said:
I thought there would be a new bundle for the holidays, like a GoW bundle or something...

YEAH, NOT ANNOUNCING ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR HOLIDAY STRATEGY WAS A HUUUUGE MISTAKE. THEY'RE LIKELY TAKING THE CHEAP WAY OUT, AND BUNDLING THE SAME SKU'S, WITH YEAR-OLD GAMES THAT NOBODY WANTS, OR CAN GET FOR $15-20 NOW. THAT'S THE SAME THING THEY DID WITH THE XBOX; HELL, THEY NEVER EVEN LOWERED THE PRICE ON THEIR DVD REMOTE, OR INCLUDED IT WITH THE STANDARD SKU.......IN 5 YEARS. THEY CAN'T DO THAT S**T WITH THE '360', AND HOPE TO SURVIVE.
IF THEY DON'T MAKE THE HDD STANDARD, AND MAKE A MUCH LARGER ONE AVAILABLE........AND MAKE HD-DVD AVAILABLE TO DEVELOPERS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS........THEY'LL FALL BEHIND WITHIN 2 YEARS TOPS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"