Minority Report: The Series

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://deadline.com/2014/08/minority-report-series-godzilla-writer-max-borenstein-823100/
Amblin TV Preps ‘Minority Report’ Series With ‘Godzilla’ Writer
by Nellie Andreeva

Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television, has put together a TV series version of the movie Minority Report to be written by Godzilla writer Max Borenstein. The project, which is still in very early stages of development, is expected to start the pitch process tomorrow. Directed by Steven Spielberg, the 2002 movie starring Tom Cruise was set in a future where a special police unit is able to arrest murderers before they commit their crimes. The premise is somewhat reminiscent of CBS’ Person of Interest, in which also technology is used to try to prevent a crime from happening. Borenstein executive produces the Minority Report TV series with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. Given how close Spielberg is to the material given his involvement in the movie, he may also executive produce. 20th Century Fox TV, whose film studio produced the movie, and Paramount TV are producing the potential series with Amblin TV.
Let's see how this one plays out.

The killjoy in me would say : let's hope Spielberg doesn't ruin it with crappy family drama ( Falling Sky ).

http://deadline.com/2014/09/minority-report-series-steven-spielberg-fox-829426/
Fox Nabs ‘Minority Report’ Series From Steven Spielberg’s Amblin TV With Big Put Pilot Commitment
by Nellie Andreeva

Minority Report, the hot drama project from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and Godzilla writer Max Borenstein, has landed at Fox with a big put pilot commitment. The series, based on the 2002 movie directed by Spielberg, hails from 20th Century Fox TV and Paramount TV, whose feature siblings produced the Tom Cruise-starring film. It was bought pre-emptively by Fox, which I hear offered a penalty close to $1 million to take the property off the market.

The series is envisioned as a sequel to the movie. It is set 10 years after the end of Precrime in DC. One of the three Precogs struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions the future, when he meets a detective haunted by her past who just may help him find a purpose to his gift. Borenstein will executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. Spielberg, who obviously is close to the property, was involved in developing the series take.

The deal marks Fox’s return to an arena it tackled with another futuristic drama, Almost Human, last season. In addition to Minority Report, Amblin TV has supernatural drama The Possession Of Maggie Gill from writer John Glenn at NBC. The company has seven series on the air including the upcoming Red Band Society, also on Fox. Its pilot Lumen is awaiting formal green light at TNT. Paramount’s year-old TV division also has business with Fox — it is producing a live staging of Grease for the network. It also recently received a 13-episode, straight-to-series pickup by sibling cable network Nickelodeon for a live-action musical comedy based on the 2003 Paramount feature School Of Rock and is developing a Shutter Island series for HBO with Martin Scorsese.

How shocking, because you're usually so optimistic about things. :oldrazz:

Considering the movie was pretty much a one shot, trying to make a series off it already reeks of bad writing ala Falling Skies.

Add on the fact that Fox bought the series, it'll be lucky to last two seasons at most.

Yeah, this on FOX is a disaster. It literally could have been on any other major network and have a better chance.

I think there's a lot of ignorance in play when people accuse FOX of being more cancel-happy than the other networks. All of them that order the high volume of series per season like that end up with more cancellations on their hands than renewals. S***, ABC only has, like, three survivors from last season.

Fox and NBC are pretty much the same in terms of cancelling shows, whether they deserve it or not.

I'm interested in this project, I thought that world was full of potential. However from what I remember of the film. Wasn't the female pre-cog the most powerful one. They made it seem like the males were lost without her.

I agree with the comments down below

Matt •
Calling it now, eight episodes before it's cancelled.

Plus they already tried the "set in the future" series with Almost Human. Seems a bit too close for a series with the same kind of tone.

Almost Human and Minority Report are so far away. In the future law enforcement are like the only things they have in common.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/mike-mylod-direct-minority-report-fox-1201352452/
Mark Mylod To Direct ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot
by Nellie Andreeva

Fox is moving fast on its high-profile drama pilot Minority Report. A week after giving the project one of the first pilot orders of the season, the network has set a director. Mark Mylod, who helmed the pilots for ABC’s fairytale drama Once Upon a Time and Showtime’s Golden Globe-winning The Affair, will direct the project, from Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Television and Godzilla writer Max Borenstein, which is based on the 2002 movie directed by Spielberg and starring Tom Cruise.

Minority Report, from 20th TV and Paramount TV, is envisioned as a sequel to the movie. It is set 10 years after the end of Precrime in DC. One of the three Precogs struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions of the future, when he meets a detective haunted by her past who just may help him find a purpose to his gift. Borenstein and Falls, who serves as showrunner, executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. Spielberg was involved in developing the series take.
I enjoyed his work on the OUAT pilot and if he's good enough for Game of Thrones, he's definitely good enough for this.

This is one of the few universes I wish audiences could revist, so I'm looking forward with what they can do.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/daniel-london-li-jun-li-cast-minority-report-fox-pilot-1201373247/
Daniel London & Li Jun Li Cast In ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot
by Nellie Andreeva

Fox pilot Minority Report has recruited a cast member from the Steven Spielberg-directed movie to reprise his role in the series adaptation. The film’s Daniel London has been cast in the pilot, along with Li Jun Li.

Minority Report, from 20th TV and Paramount TV, is envisioned as a sequel to the movie. It is set 10 years after the end of Precrime in DC. One of the three Precogs, Dash, struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions of the future, when he meets a detective, Lara Vega, haunted by her past who just may help him find a purpose to his gift.

London plays Wally the Caretaker, the gawky caretaker at the Precrime Temple where the children were observed. A decade later, he is anxious to help Vega and is assisting Dash in establishing a new identity. Li plays Akeela, a Crime Scene Investigation technician who works closely with Vega.

Mark Mylod is directing the pilot from a script by Max Borenstein. Borenstein and Falls, who serves as showrunner, executive produce with Amblin TV’s Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey.

Logan, repped by Don Buchwald Assoc. and More/Medavoy, has been recurring as Robert Openheimer on WGN’s Manhattan. He recently appeared on the freshman Fox drama Gotham.

NYC-based Li, repped by Schachter-Brown and Nicolosi & Co, got her start doing theater and booked her first pilot two years ago, NBC’s Hatfields & McCoys.
Interesting. Wonder if we might see any other cast members from the film.

I can definitely see Neal McDonough showing up.

http://deadline.com/2015/02/laura-regan-cast-agatha-minority-report-fox-pilot-1201380863/
Laura Regan Cast As Agatha In ‘Minority Report’ Fox Pilot
by Nellie Andreeva

Atlas Shrugged star Laura Regan is joining Fox’s drama pilot Minority Report, a sequel to the Steven Spielberg-directed movie. It is set 10 years after the end of Precrime in D.C. One of the three Precogs, Dash, struggles to lead a “normal” human life, but remains haunted by visions of the future, when he meets a detective, Lara Vega, who is haunted by her past who just might help him find a purpose to his gift.

Regan will play Agatha, the deeply compassionate foster sister of identical twins Dash and Arthur. Like her brothers, she possesses the ability to see into the future, but with more clarity than they can. In the movie, Agatha was one of the main characters, the senior precog, played by Samantha Morton. The pilot already has recruited a cast member from the film, Daniel London, reprising his character as Wally the Caretaker. I hear Morton also had been approached about possibly playing Agatha again though that didn’t happen. In the pilot, written by Max Borenstein and directed by Mark Mylod, Regan joins previously cast London and Li Jun Li. She is repped by Greene & Associates and Corner Booth Entertainment.
So it looks like they're approaching several of the film's castmembers.

I can definitely see Neal McDonough showing up.

Yeah, he does quite a lot of TV work so no reason he wouldn't, it would be cool if they could get a Tom Cruise cameo. :D

Fun Fact, the Nightly Show on Comedy Central was originally planned to be called the Minority Report but then changed before airing

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"