Misleadings Covers!

Still A ThorFan

Sidekick
Reaction score
I go to buy Onslaught #2 yesterday because the cover had a picture of Thor and Hulk ready to beat the hell out of each other. So, naturally any fan would think that they would see exactly that in the issue.

However, when I took it off the shelf and looked through the pages it wasn't until the LAST PAGE where you see Thor and Hulk about to fight and at the bottom of it it says Hulk vs Thor next issue.

I'm tired of Marvel doing that ****. I can't remember the other times off the back of my head, but this has to stop.

Well they didn't exactly mislead you.

Still A ThorFan said:
I go to buy Onslaught #2 yesterday because the cover had a picture of Thor and Hulk ready to beat the hell out of each other. So, naturally any fan would think that they would see exactly that in the issue.

However, when I took it off the shelf and looked through the pages it wasn't until the LAST PAGE where you see Thor and Hulk about to fight and at the bottom of it it says Hulk vs Thor next issue.

I'm tired of Marvel doing that ****. I can't remember the other times off the back of my head, but this has to stop.
Yeah, I know.

It's awful </sarcasm>

:dry:

Well this "problem" isn't Marvel exclusive. Either way, the point is to put something on the cover that will catch your eye and make you buy the comic. In this case, they didn't mislead you since they show the beginning of the fight. And at the same time, i'd bet you're getting ready to pick up the next issue. So they succeeded.

I wish Joe Mad was the one illustrating Onslaught Reborn, the cover is awesome.

You bought a Liefeld comic, any you are surprised that it didn't live up to expectations? Do you go to Rob Schneider movies, expecting them to be good?

And also, that cover was a variant anyway.

Kitsune said:
You bought a Liefeld comic, any you are surprised that it didn't live up to expectations? Do you go to Rob Schneider movies, expecting them to be good?

I didnt have high expectations of Rob, I buy OR because I'm interested in the Heroes Reborn universe, Onslaught, and Franklin Richards. I knew the art would suck ass, I was just saying that I would enjoy OR much more if they had a top-notch artist on the book.

Kitsune said:

I'm buying it to support Jeph Loeb actually. I'm a huge fan of his writing. Plus I was a huge fan of the original Onslaught story.

See, the first mistake you made was buying Onslaught Reborn.

A lot of covers don't really indicate the content of an issue.

From what i can guess,this is something Marvel has done for the past few years.Its nothing new.

Max J Power said:
A lot of covers don't really indicate the content of an issue.

They certianly used to ... Cover used to sell books about the internal plot/story .... Not anymore ..

The SpiderMan said:
They certianly used to ... Cover used to sell books about the internal plot/story .... Not anymore ..
I wouldn't say not any more. There's plenty of covers that illustrate what happens in the issue. It's just now we also have covers that are just, well, pretty pictures.

The SpiderMan said:

Mostly, the market has changed to the point where people aren;t going to plunk down $3+ based on a cover.

I had no problem with OR

And I thought this was a misleding cover thread. I wanted to see some covers.:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"