Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

WilliamK99

Civilian
Reaction score
IMO Man of Steel was fantastic and a great kick-off to hopefully what will be one DC Universe. The problem I had was at the end of the movie nearly half of the theatre stayed until the end of the credits to see if there would be a scene. I had purposely stayed away from all spoilers so I could truly enjoy the film so I had no idea either way...

All WB had to do was show a shot of a guy reading the Daily Planet with a bald head, or something hinting at another character, but there was nothing. Many in the theatre were disappointed at the lack of anything at the end.

WB had the opportunity to ignite the entire fan base like the Marvel fan base was excited at the end of Iron Man, but the failed to do so... The movie was great but it could have truly been something incredible with just a 30 second scene added on at the end...

I have this crazy idea that if you want to say something else, you might as well put it IN the movie.

It is funny anyways because the End Credit scene in Iron Man Three was about Bruce Banner falling asleep with Tony Stark story. Which is almost what happened to me. :joker:

Well they haven't locked in plans for a shared DC Universe yet. On top of that, why does WB need to have an end credits scene? That is Marvel's method. Let them reference a shared universe in a different way instead of mimicking the competition.

It would be really sweet to see a silhouette of lex luthor.. or his comment regarding a powerful alien living among us.

Yeah, it would have been great to have it, but it's okay. If the box office is as strong as it appears to be, then we'll get our MOS sequel and JL movie. I'm confident of that.

Of course, how awesome would it have been to see Lex Luthor walk into the Rock's office with Norman Osbourne and Nick Fury and show him pictures Sinestro stealing the Tesseract while eating a shawarma?

Well they haven't locked in plans for a shared DC Universe yet. On top of that, why does WB need to have an end credits scene? That is Marvel's method. Let them reference a shared universe in a different way instead of mimicking the competition.

I have to agree with this as Man of Steel and WB do not need it just because Marvel is doing it. It's going to end up gimmicky if future Man of Steel sequels do end credits scene.

I don't like post credits scenes, unless they are there because it is a guarantee that no matter what happens, there will be a sequel or follow up. Marvel films were fine, because even if TIH or Thor bombed, they weren't the ones needing sequels before Avengers, it was the other film properties that were needed to support Avengers. Green Lantern sucked, and got a post-credits scene that won't be follow up upon; and this is how I felt about TDK, and even though that movie succeeded, at the time before 2009-2010 Nolan didn't think he would do Batman 3, and I remember thinking "then why did you end it like that? could you at least end it differently, so you could accomplish what you wanted but complete the full story just in case TDK did do well?!"

If this movie had a post credits scene, and it bombed, it would've been really bad and frustrating.

i would have like to have seen him help lexcorp rebuild metropolis with lex looking on.

Because they work! Just because Marvel did it first, means nothing. Use it!
A lot of things could have been laid down for sequels or a shared universe.

They could have tied up so many things.....

Where the heck is Zod's body?? Did Lexcorp take it???

After seeing mankind almost going to dust, would we not see a super secret organization like Cadmus or Checkmate being formed???

How about this.....a morning paper is sitting on a silver tray......a hand picks it up (we never see the face) and unfolds it. The Headlines read "End of the World Averted" , with a photo of this new Superman. Then we hear the deep voice of the man mutter lowly, "Hmmm.....this changes everything.." Still Never seeing his face (camera still POV on headline) we suddenly hear a British voice call out, "Master Wayne, the telephone".

Fade to black..............

That alone would have set up so many things! Doesn't mean Batman has to be in the next MOS......just let's us know that there's a lot to be excited about in the future.

Marvel did not invent the post credit scene. It is a tool to give fans a hint of what is to come, that likely has nothing to do with the film we just watched.

Im fine with no scene, but that^ would been cool.

I'm glad there was no end credits scene, I think it's fine that Marvel do it but I do t want anything taking away from the main story.

I'm glad there was no end credits scene, I think it's fine that Marvel do it but I do t want anything taking away from the main story.

Those don't take away from the main story......it keeps it going.

Because they work! Just because Marvel did it first, means nothing. Use it!
A lot of things could have been laid down for sequels or a shared universe.

They could have tied up so many things.....

Where the heck is Zod's body?? Did Lexcorp take it???

After seeing mankind almost going to dust, would we not see a super secret organization like Cadmus or Checkmate being formed???

How about this.....a morning paper is sitting on a silver tray......a hand picks it up (we never see the face) and unfolds it. The Headlines read "End of the World Averted" , with a photo of this new Superman. Then we hear the deep voice of the man mutter lowly, "Hmmm.....this changes everything.." Still Never seeing his face (camera still POV on headline) we suddenly hear a British voice call out, "Master Wayne, the telephone".

Fade to black..............

That alone would have set up so many things! Doesn't mean Batman has to be in the next MOS......just let's us know that there's a lot to be excited about in the future.
Yeah I was confused by why they didn't include a scene like that. It would have hyped th audiance so much and been the building blocks to an expanded universe.

No thanks. I don't want WB to be start carbon-copying Marvel Studios. If you want to include something extra then put it in the movie! The typical movie go'er leaves after the credits start rolling.

This. Agree 110% :up:

No thanks. I don't want WB to be start carbon-copying Marvel Studios. If you want to include something extra then put it in the movie! The typical movie go'er leaves after the credits start rolling.

How do you feel about Marvel ripping the idea off of the countless movies that did it before them?

And if the average movie goer cares so little about getting a complete story that they refuse to wait an extra 60 seconds or so, then screw em. You'd have to be ridiculously out of touch to not be aware that post credits scenes are very common in action type films.

I would rather they hide easter eggs deep in the movie, than copy Marvel's approach.

I think it'd have been cool to have a scene where Johnathan and Martha Kent find the rocket as a mid-credits scene

Marvel Studios didn't start the post-credit thing. They popularized it more than anything but the early X-man movies did it as well. Its just something that has become synonymous with comic book movies.

Marvel didn't invent it, but they've made it a signature. Regardless of how you feel about it conceptually, there's no way DC can use them now, or should. They need to find their own thing to adopt as their signature, something that will be common among any movie within their own shared universe.

There's no real need for an end credits scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"