Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

They did it with Green Lantern, and showed that they don't really know how to do one.

How do you feel about Marvel ripping the idea off of the countless movies that did it before them?

And if the average movie goer cares so little about getting a complete story that they refuse to wait an extra 60 seconds or so, then screw em. You'd have to be ridiculously out of touch to not be aware that post credits scenes are very common in action type films.

I don't care who they ripped off. It's Hollywood. WB should be trying to be their own beast.

Out of touch? 10-15 fans stick around for Marvel's post-credit scenes whenever I attend a showing. Is it truly worth it? No, in my opinion. If you want the audience to get excited about the future THEN sneak a cameo or Easter egg in the film. My showings were virtually empty in 2-3 minutes (excluding a few parents cleaning up and individuals making calls).

Marvel didn't invent it, but they've made it a signature. Regardless of how you feel about it conceptually, there's no way DC can use them now, or should. They need to find their own thing to adopt as their signature, something that will be common among any movie within their own shared universe.

Zack Snyder did it with Dawn of the Dead before Marvel even thought about it.

They did it with Green Lantern, and showed that they don't really know how to do one.

Apparently, because I didn't even know there was one until this thread. I still don't care, and am :doh: at DC for actually trying it. A further example of how badly they screwed up with the potential of that property and that movie in general.

Apparently, because I didn't even know there was one until this thread. I still don't care, and am :doh: at DC for actually trying it. A further example of how badly they screwed up with the potential of that property and that movie in general.

It was just Sinestro randomly putting on a yellow ring. I say random because it didn't make much sense in the context of the film.

No thanks. I don't want WB to be start carbon-copying Marvel Studios. If you want to include something extra then put it in the movie! The typical movie go'er leaves after the credits start rolling.

Oh pleeez...that's just silly pride! That's like Dolly Madison saying "We wont put cream filling in our cakes because Hostess did it first"!

It's a great tool.....especially for comic book movies!

Marvel Comics was the first to leave those cliff hangers at the end of their books in the 60's......DC does it now! It keeps the folks hype for the next movie!!

People went nuts when they saw that Hammer at the end of IM2.

DC has a lot of catching up to do.....and it's all about the dollar.

It was just Sinestro randomly putting on a yellow ring. I say random because it didn't make much sense in the context of the film.

Right .....don't do it just to be doing it.......it's gotta make sense.

T"Challa;26118001 said:
Marvel Studios didn't start the post-credit thing. They popularized it more than anything but the early X-man movies did it as well. Its just something that has become synonymous with comic book movies.

My point exactly!!

Stan Lee started the "Marvel Method" .....now everybody does it.

IMO Man of Steel was fantastic and a great kick-off to hopefully what will be one DC Universe. The problem I had was at the end of the movie nearly half of the theatre stayed until the end of the credits to see if there would be a scene. I had purposely stayed away from all spoilers so I could truly enjoy the film so I had no idea either way...

All WB had to do was show a shot of a guy reading the Daily Planet with a bald head, or something hinting at another character, but there was nothing. Many in the theatre were disappointed at the lack of anything at the end.

WB had the opportunity to ignite the entire fan base like the Marvel fan base was excited at the end of Iron Man, but the failed to do so... The movie was great but it could have truly been something incredible with just a 30 second scene added on at the end...
We waited too.........LOL:funny:

Everybody whipped out their phones to check online, then left when they knew there wouldn't be.

Oh pleeez...that's just silly pride! That's like Dolly Madison saying "We wont put cream filling in our cakes because Hostess did it first"!

It's a great tool.....especially for comic book movies!

Marvel Comics was the first to leave those cliff hangers at the end of their books in the 60's......DC does it now! It keeps the folks hype for the next movie!!

People went nuts when they saw that Hammer at the end of IM2.

DC has a lot of catching up to do.....and it's all about the dollar.

Pride? No. I was just WB to do something different. The Joker card got a far bigger reaction from the audience and 98% of casuals were still present. In my opinion, it's smarter to include a Lex Luthor cameo during the movie than to place it during the credits (where a small percentage of the GA will see it).

we should of had a lex cameo at least. i didn't stick around because i knew we had no after credit scene.

Well, to be fair, I don't think WB even knows who the villain will be for MOS2. Lex is the most logical but I'm praying for Brainiac or Darkseid. That said, it couldn't hurt to have Lex in the sequel as the growing and potential threat for MOS3, JL and/or WF.

Well, to be fair, I don't think WB even knows who the villain will be for MOS2. Lex is the most logical but I'm praying for Brainiac or Darkseid. That said, it couldn't hurt to have Lex in the sequel as the growing and potential threat for MOS3, JL and/or WF.

that's IF this gets a sequel. if we do i want a different director and no nolan involvement.

Why aren't we complaining about how Marvel ripped off Hellboy's post-credits scene????

Because post-credits scenes are commonplace. Hell...my friends and I call them "Dokken videos"...because one of my friends (probably mistakenly) remembers a Dokken video for Dream Warriors being shown after the credits of that movie.

I've been sitting through credits after movies for decades. The only people who don't are people who don't care or are so out of the loop that they aren't aware of a very, very, very common practice (that had major impact on movies they ended up seeing). That means that it is a bonus extra for people who DO care about the future far in advance.

that's IF this gets a sequel. if we do i want a different director and no nolan involvement.

Judging by the estimates, MOS isn't flopping. We're looking at a 120-130 million OW, and on track for a 300 million domestic grossing. I'm convinced were getting a sequel.

And don't bet on it. Snyder is staying and WB loves The Nolans.

Last edited:

part of the reason why I want post credits scenes is because I want evidence that WB IS planning ahead. The Green Lantern post credit scene made no sense (except that it was just as crappy as the rest of the movie). I want WB to care about the TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars they can make off of these characters for the next several decades. I want them to already know what Wonder Woman is doing, I want them to have a plan to get Bruce Wayne back in the batsuit. Stop looking at each film as "if this is a success, we'll figure something out" and start trusting the characters that have built and sustained an empire for generations.

Judging by the estimates, MOS isn't flopping. We're looking at a 120-130 million OW, and on track for a 300 million domestic grossing. I'm convinced were getting a sequel.

i hope we do get a sequel and they improve upon it.

I hate this idea that every single superhero film needs to have an end credit scene. Call me a traditionalist but a film ends before the credits, if you need anything after make it jackie chan stunts or bloopers. I understand why Marvel does it, because their entire universe is about referencing other worlds. The DC films should always be as self contained as possible even the team up movies.

Marvel doesn't own end credit scenes...they've been done years before.

But I suppose to stand out, DC can do something different. Maybe short films like Pixar has done?

part of the reason why I want post credits scenes is because I want evidence that WB IS planning ahead. The Green Lantern post credit scene made no sense (except that it was just as crappy as the rest of the movie). I want WB to care about the TENS OF BILLIONS of dollars they can make off of these characters for the next several decades. I want them to already know what Wonder Woman is doing, I want them to have a plan to get Bruce Wayne back in the batsuit. Stop looking at each film as "if this is a success, we'll figure something out" and start trusting the characters that have built and sustained an empire for generations.

WB isn't Marvel Studios. I want DCE to have a little more power too but it ain't gonna happen unless Nolan accepts the Godfather role. At this endeavor, WB is living off 'the next one' philosophy. Sad, but true. They don't have a plan but perhaps someone else does. WB needs to open the line of communication.

You won't get what you want, the movie is making boatloads and WB worships Nolan. I wouldn't be surprised if Goyer and Snyder are already working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"