Missed Opportunity - Lack of End Credit Scene

How many of you actually stayed all the way to the end in the hoped of there being an end credit?

I wasn't 100% sure if there was one or not but assuming they were going by the Nolan playbook i figured there likely wasn't one and left. I think maybe a 1/4 of my theater actually stayed however, maybe they just like credits though?

I stay until the end for every superhero, horror and sci-fi movie I go to...usually since I go on opening night. If I don't go on opening night and learn that there is no stinger after the credits, then obviously I leave when they start.

Yeah that's kinda got to be a let down feeling. I forgot which film i did that for that had nothing and i felt kind of annoyed.

Does it bother you when there is no end credit or just like whatever?

Y'know I agree I wish there was something after the credits (if only because I was a sucker and wasted my time waiting).

But I also don't mind so much. The movie stood on its own and allows for so much potential I can't even begin to complain. I cannot wait for the sequel. And I cannot wait to see what happens to our Superman next.

Well they haven't locked in plans for a shared DC Universe yet. On top of that, why does WB need to have an end credits scene? That is Marvel's method. Let them reference a shared universe in a different way instead of mimicking the competition.

You took the words right out of my mouth. You wouldn't believe how many people were asking me today and yesterday "is there anything after the credits?" It was a relief to actually say "no" as opposed to "yes" like with IM3.

I hate how Marvel Studios kick-started this trend with those post-credit stingers... half of them weren't even worth sitting through 7-8 minutes of credit scroll (only the first IM, Thor and CA were worth it). I know how Marvel wasn't the first ones to do the post-credit stinger, but it's very annoying.

And I prefer that studios establish their franchise footing before doing the post-credit thing. If WB wants to try it, do it for the MOS sequel. Don't do it for MOS, you're running the risk of 'counting your chickens before they hatch.'

I work as an usher at a movie theater, and the post-credits scene thing is getting irritating. Because of Iron Man and the Marvel films, we now have people staying through the credits at EVERY movie showing. We'd like to clean the place up for the next showing and we don't get much time to do it, but we can't start until all the guests have exited. We can't just yell out "There's nothing after the credits!" because it makes us look like pushy jerks trying to chase everyone out, so we're just stuck there waiting and waiting and waiting as precious minutes that could be spent cleaning are just eaten up. It's gotten so bad that the ticket takers now have to tell them as they go in that there is no post-credits scene and they can just leave when the credits roll.

And??

Can't add an after credits scene if you have no idea what is coming next in this movie universe. if there's a MOS 2 then they better have one

Amused at all DC apologists excusing the lack of an ending scene.....a good as this movie was, it was far from perfect. And one the issues is the loose ends it left.

With all of the destruction he and his fellow Kryptonians left, you mean to tell me that it would not have been a great time to have Luthor introduced to the President or something???

Zod's body??? Where is it???

People keep saying that DC doesn't know what their shared movie universe looks like yet. Even with that, Batman is still a sure bet........

Sorry.......they missed it.

Last edited:
their job was to get superman right all that stuff can come alter why force an ending scene

their job was to get superman right all that stuff can come alter why force an ending scene

It's not forced......it ties up loose ends.......it keeps people hype for the next thing.......and it works!

You took the words right out of my mouth. You wouldn't believe how many people were asking me today and yesterday "is there anything after the credits?" It was a relief to actually say "no" as opposed to "yes" like with IM3.

I hate how Marvel Studios kick-started this trend with those post-credit stingers... half of them weren't even worth sitting through 7-8 minutes of credit scroll (only the first IM, Thor and CA were worth it). I know how Marvel wasn't the first ones to do the post-credit stinger, but it's very annoying.

And I prefer that studios establish their franchise footing before doing the post-credit thing. If WB wants to try it, do it for the MOS sequel. Don't do it for MOS, you're running the risk of 'counting your chickens before they hatch.'

Iron Man 3's and The Avengers' were pretty great.

the next thing is clark at daily planet thats what people are excited to see the next chapter in kal-el's life

I'd love to have a post credits scene in which an exec says to the camera "You like this movie? Well, we just might not make a real sequel. Sure, it will have Superman in it, but our Justice League script is already finished, and we care about that more than continuing a great saga. And you might complain, but I'll guarantee you that you'll be the first in line" while a subtitle teases "Justice League-2015- by the writer of Gangster Squad/"

Personally, I'm kind of burned out on the end-credit thing.

I'd like to have had a simple black screen with the following text:

NOTICE: The Dark Knight trilogy never happened. Batman has never met The Joker, and the next time you see Batman, it will be Bruce Wayne, for the first time ever. Thank you for the billions of dollars you gave us in support of that thing we will never reference again.

cor the end credit scene: it would be awesome to see Clark doing a shirt rip off revealing his suit underneath while a siren / emergency heard in the background.

If there were an end credit scene, I would just want a hint to the next villain.

But maybe they didn't have one because they didn't know if a sequel would be underway?

They had easter eggs like the Lexcorp logo and even the Wayne Enterprises logo. Both of which sets up the MOS sequel and an expanded DC universe. Why did they need to do a post-credit scene to do the same thing? How is that a missed opportunity to not have a post-credit scene that accomplishes the same thing the easter eggs in the actual movie did? Sometimes the things people post on these forums make me shake my head.

It's not forced......it ties up loose ends.......it keeps people hype for the next thing.......and it works!

If you need a scene to tie up loose ends, it better well damn be in the main film proper, not after the credits. That is not an opinion, that is proper storytelling.

Also, if the scene is actually great and will hype people up for the sequel, once again, it should be in the main film proper - not some sort of little easter egg after the credits for diehard fanboys willing to sit through 10 minutes of credits for a little tease. God, I hate geek culture sometimes. Fan service and easter eggs have become way too prevalent and expected now.

The Joker card at the end of Begins was just as effective, if not more so, in building anticipation for a prospective sequel than any Marvel post-credits sequence. And it was actually worked into the story such that it felt like a legitimate part of the film and its ideas. It didn't feel like sequel bait. That is good storytelling.

If you need a scene to tie up loose ends, it better well damn be in the main film proper, not after the credits. That is not an opinion, that is proper storytelling.

Also, if the scene is actually great and will hype people up for the sequel, once again, it should be in the main film proper - not some sort of little easter egg after the credits for diehard fanboys willing to sit through 10 minutes of credits for a little tease. God, I hate geek culture sometimes. Fan service and easter eggs have become way too prevalent and expected now.

The Joker card at the end of Begins was just as effective, if not more so, in building anticipation for a prospective sequel than any Marvel post-credits sequence. And it was actually worked into the story such that it felt like a legitimate part of the film and its ideas. It didn't feel like sequel bait. That is good storytelling.

That's true. End credit scenes are just a stupid concept that became cool among fans. If you have something else to say, say it IN the movie.

I always watch the credits, whether there is a scene at the end or not. It doesn't matter if it is a summer blockbuster or Oscar bait, I'll be there to the end. To listen to the score if nothing else.

Haha definitely not a missed oppotunity. The only after credits scene that was worth it was the Captain America one. I'm on the side of thinking that its stupid and incredibly pointless

I would have preferred a mid-movie cameo. Like him running into Bruce Wayne or something somehow.

Because it was a preview of the next film right? The end credit scene of IM2 and Thor were also basically previews of the next films in the series.

I think its a good way to reward the loyal fans who sit thru the credits. Either give them a hint of whats to come or just have a funny scene like IM3.

Marvel has created an expectation now for comic book movies so everyone else should follow suit. :cwink: There were quite a few people that stuck around after the credits in MoS when I saw it and left disappointed.

Because it was a trailer for Avengers. Im, im2, hulk. Thor. Avengers. All pointless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"