Moon Knight (What If...)

eXperiment

...gone wrong.
Reaction score
What if they made a Moon Knight film...what would you like to see in it? :huh:

I'd love a MK movie, but I think too many people in the general public would see him as a Batman knock-off.

And he's very under the radar. People don't even know he exists... And cool pic!

I'd love a MK movie, but I think too many people in the general public would see him as a Batman knock-off.

I agree, but maybe if they slightly warp it to make it feel less like Batman, they can pull it off. Such as giving him the superpowers he originally had and the power to kill.

I think a Moon Knight movie could work great. Make it R rated and have him kill with out a problem, and give him those moon powers to deviate from batman. Better still you could have Werewolf By Night in the film in some way to deviate it more.

This is slightly off-topic, but it has ocurred to me, does anyone think the character of Moon Knight might have been based on the popular Japanese crimefighter Moonlight Mask(Gekko Kamen)?
Gekko-kamen_statue_Hakodate.jpg

He was created in the late 50's in a live action tv show and in the 70's it was made into a popular anime series.

I think a Moon Knight movie could work great. Make it R rated and have him kill with out a problem, and give him those moon powers to deviate from batman. Better still you could have Werewolf By Night in the film in some way to deviate it more.

That would be sick

I used to collect Moon Knight a while back and I loved the stories. I must have collected after the start of the series because I don't remember him actually offing bad guys...

A movie though would be extremely cool if done right.

I really dig the pic in the OP. Edgy....

I mentioned this in another thread about what Marvel movie you would like to see next. I suggested an MK movie, but I remember reading about a TV series in the works. Any news on that?

A movie would be better, especially if a TV series is going to be of the standard of Blade. Which I havent seen by the way, but I heard it wasnt that good.

This is really nice! They can certainly do a movie about him

[/quote]

I did some `googling` about the MK TV series, and all that came up were the announcements made in October 2006.
Considering over a year has passed and no more details have come to light, I`m guessing this ones dead in the water.

Hopefully they canned it in anticipation of a big screen version.
Here`s hoping anyway...................

Don't think this movie will ever happen but Guy Pearce is who I'd pick

Moon Knight is way behind the list if even Cap and Thor movies haven't been realized yet.

They are really going to have to play up the avatar of Konshu aspect and make the suit look more Egyptian somehow. The suit has to actually shine like the moon and should look like something a god or king would wear so let's see some gold and silver on there. People should be able to see Moon Knight coming and fear him. After all their hands should be "shaking so bad they couldn't hit the moon".

I posted a thread about this years ago, I don't think MoonKnight being under the radar would be that much of a problem but I think it would be a good idea to have cameos or mentions of other characters (namely Punisher.) The director I would pick would be Stephen Norrington and it would resemble Blade 1 in every aspect.

Is Stephen Norrington still in hiding?

After LXG, yeah. This is the kind of character that I think they should play up the horror aspect with though because that is what he started out as after all and has returned to (he cuts off faces for christ's sake).

Good news, Stephen Norrington is attached to Clash of the titans!! Maybe the Moonknight/Blade relationship will compel him to take this project. Either him or Verhoevan. Because you hit it right on the mark, MK could differ from Bats by playing up the horror option. Maybe if luck is on our side people will say this is the film Bats should have been. MK isnt a goody toe shoes holier then thou brimming with self righteousness, he's a complex disturbed character.

Well so is Batman but they do deal out justice quite differently. Not to mention that Mark Spector was never exactly the nicest person. In fact it's pretty difficult to find any redeeming values in the guy. I want to see him dealing with a lot of supernatural characters as well as the local riff raff.

I also hope if MK does make it to screen they use the aspect where he carved off his old nemesis face. Im rereading the new issues again and yea you hit it on the mark, Spector is frikin nuts!!!!!!!!

Cole Hauser has always struck me as a guy that would make a good Moon Knight. Get Jean Reno for Frenchie.

Here goes the cast casting call:

Moon Knight/ Marc Spector(3 choices)

moonknight.jpg

Cole Hauser
hauser.jpg

Jonny Messner
messner.jpg

and Rodrigo Santoro
santoro.jpg

Marlene Alraune(2 choices)
Marlenealraune.jpg

Marley Shelton
marleyshelton.jpg

and Diane Kruger
kruger.jpg

cont...

Frenchie(2 choices)
frenchie.jpg

Vincent Perez
vincentperez.jpg

and Vincent Cassel
vincentcassel.jpg

Bushman(3 choices)
bushman.jpg

Michael Jai White
jaiwhite.jpg

Dijmon Honsau
dijmonhonsau.jpg

and Vin Diesel
vindiesel.jpg

cont.

Midnight(2 choices)
midnight_400.jpg

Nick Stahl
nickstahl.jpg

and Ben Foster
benfoster.jpg

Taskmaster(2 choices)
task2.jpg

Sean Bean
seandean.jpg

and Dominic Purcell
purcell.jpg

Dijmon Honsau
dijmonhonsau.jpg

and Vin Diesel
vindiesel.jpg
[/quote]

Diesell for Bushwhacker? I could see him as Marc Spector but not Bushwhacker! What about Adibisi from Oz?

Adebisi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"