Who could be cast as Moon Knight?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Honestly another Marvel superhero who deserves to be on the big screen hell if anything I think he could be a coo for Marvel Comics especially if he is brought on to the big screen but could a big screen adaptation of Moon Knight actually be a hit in theatres? Moon Knight in a sense he could be compared to Batman if you want to make that comparison but also Moon Knight just has that aura that sense of mystery about him

I'd like to see James Purefoy tackle the role. I think he is an underrated actor who for me steals scenes he is in. He was the best part of The Following to me.

But honestly I could see them casting a big name as Moon Knight especially if they want audiences to come pouring in, maybe someone like Gyllenhaal or Tom Hardy or Joaquin Phoenix or even Keanu Reeves as Moon Knight could work

I honestly believe we're past the point of needing s big name actor to pull audiences in. Let's not forget that GOTG had Chris Pratt as the lead and it did fantastic at the box office. As far as Phoenix is concerned he already turned down Dr Strange. I can't see him accepting this.

Leonardo DiCaprio would be another actor who I could see as Moon Knight but how about Jon Hamm? Or Joseph Gordon Levitt?

Out of the names you have suggested Jon Hamm is the one I would choose. I'm hoping Leo starts doing more villain roles over the next few years so I would rather see him as a villain then anything else.

Karl Urban is another person who I could see as Moon Knight or hell if Matt Damon were years younger then I would say he would be perfect

I look at Karl Urban and I see him more as a villain then a hero. Also age doesn't really matter to me. I'd rather the MCU be diverse in age ranges then have everyone be in the 25-35 age range. Makes it more believable that way.

Yes Moon Knight deserves to have his own franchise and here is hoping the people at Marvel give him one and soon but I wonder who would be the distributor for it? Would it be Fox? Sony? Disney since I assume they have the rights or I could see Paramount

I'm pretty sure marvel has his entire rights but I could be wrong. And yes he does deserve to be included in the MCU. I could definitely see him starting out in a Doctor Strange movie before given his own solo. He has a lot of potential to be a good solo series. Might be tough considering how many new properties were getting in phase 3 so it probably wouldn't be until phase 4 or another Netflix series.

So if he gets his own movie then if he is under Marvel/Disney then he could show up in other movies too if they wanted him to be a part of the MCU

I've always wanted Cillian Murphy in the MCU. To see him as Moon Knight or as Adam Warlock would be ideal. :]

I would be interested in seeing Theo James play the role. He would be so perfect for the marvel u and for Marc.

The only question is wether I prefer moon knight as a film or a tv series

I would have said Benedict Cumberbatch if he were not cast as Doctor Strange then he would be perfect as Moon Knight but I would probably say Jake Gyllenhaal

Oh wow gylenhaal! That would be amazing actually!

Oh wow gylenhaal! That would be amazing actually!

Glad you think so because Jake Gyllenhaal would own in this role as Marc Spector/Moon Knight or how about Chris Pine as Marc Spector/Moon Knight

I like gylenhaal more. You can't really beat that especially now with all the buzz about nightcrawler

Karl Urban is another person who I could see as Moon Knight or hell if Matt Damon were years younger then I would say he would be perfect

Karl Urban is definite my choice, nice pick!

What about Cole Hauser?

cole_hauser.jpg

Moon Knight is basically Marvel Comics' Batman in a sense so if you are going to cast Moon Knight, cast Marc Spector, who can play the billionaire playboy tortured soul who ends up being a superhero? Let's see:

If this were years ago I would have said either Joshua Jackson or Josh Hartnett

But now I definitely say Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal or Ryan Gosling would be perfect in this role

Actually now that I think about it now that I really think about it, Jonathan Rhys Meyers he would actually be perfect as Marc Spector/Moon Knight

Moon Knight is basically Marvel Comics' Batman in a sense so if you are going to cast Moon Knight, cast Marc Spector, who can play the billionaire playboy tortured soul who ends up being a superhero? Let's see:

If this were years ago I would have said either Joshua Jackson or Josh Hartnett

But now I definitely say Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal or Ryan Gosling would be perfect in this role

He's more than just that, though. You need an actor who can also play crazy, because Moon Knight is about as crazy as they come.

And no, before Nic Cage even asks, acting crazy is not the same as being crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"