Morrison's Mastermind Villain

Sometimes I think he's gonna reveal himself as the mastermind villian....

If it's not Joker then Morrison needs a wakeup call. Joker *is* Batman's ultimate adversary.

It's Marsha, Queen of diamonds.

Egghead. Or the Clock King.

Commisioner Gordon?.....

Maybe not. In all seriousness, I've read all of his stories more than once, and I can't imagine who the mastermind could be, other than either the Joker or the third Batman. No obvious clues stick out, except for the "Zur en arrgh" or whatever, but I've no idea what that's supposed to mean.

He's Joel Schumacher, Batman R.I.P will be a rerelease of the comic-adaption of Batman & Robin. Seriously, if you really want Batman dead, bring in the Joel.

Judging by his references to The Joker, I'd say his "ultimate adversary" is going to be him...

I freakin' hope so, to add in a new villian who is worse then Joker is ludicrous.

Now where did I leave my Hush comic...

I freakin' hope so, to add in a new villian who is worse then Joker is ludicrous.

Now where did I leave my Hush comic...

Oh, don't get me started on "Hush".

"Hello, Bruce, I'm your dear childhood friend who has never been mentioned before, there's no way I'm going to turn out to be a villain! Gee, I wonder why I'm always drawn with an evil face..."

HUSH wasn't all that impressive a storyline. It was just Jeph Loeb doing his "cameo" style writing, rehashing the Batman mythology for new readers with a fairly obvious storyline. The only remotely interesting thing that came out of it was The Riddler knowing Bruce was Batman, and maybe Hush himself.

Maybe.

i still dont get why everyone seems so offended by morrisons run. i think its been quite fun.

We get so offended because it's a campy silver age throwback with terrible things that he's added, and then acted like have been there all the time. He brought back terrible ideas like Batmite, the league of Batmen, and introduced terrible things like the Black Casebook which he added in through retroactive continuity. The entire idea of Batman having a bastard son he didnt know about is also a slap in the face of the character, as this is a man who probably has eight different back up plans for brushing his teeth. There's no way the guy wasnt wrapping his tool and taking blood samples from Talia to make sure she was on the pill every time they f**ked.

ha ha ha. i dunno man. its all definitely fun silver age ideas, but told with straight quality. and i dig that. i really liked the league of batmen story and the damien story too. if its not for everyone, thats cool. but i've just been surprised by how many people arent into it.

Look, if you're going to do silver age stuff...DO silver age stuff. All Star Superman is the biggest, best silver age throwback I've ever read, cause it comes right out there and says "look at me! I'm a silver age book!" without trying to hide behind the current Batman idea of "I'm a dark, serious modern book, but I'm taking some silver age ideas and redoing them in a dark, serious, modern way." Batmite will never...EEEEEVER...fit into a serious, dark, modern book. It doesnt work. Same for the league of Batmen. Same for even Damien. It just doesnt work, especially when in actual continuity.

I think Morrison did some good things with it near the beginning of his run. That prose Joker issue was amazing, and the best Joker story since Man Who Laughs. But everything after that was just so bad, and, yes, amateurish, that I couldnt keep buying the book. It literally made me sick. It's the anti-Paul Dini Detective Comics.

We get so offended because it's a campy silver age throwback with terrible things that he's added, and then acted like have been there all the time. He brought back terrible ideas like Batmite, the league of Batmen, and introduced terrible things like the Black Casebook which he added in through retroactive continuity. The entire idea of Batman having a bastard son he didnt know about is also a slap in the face of the character, as this is a man who probably has eight different back up plans for brushing his teeth. There's no way the guy wasnt wrapping his tool and taking blood samples from Talia to make sure she was on the pill every time they f**ked.

Exactly batman/bruce wayne is so sure of himself. He woulda been ready for the coat hanger abortion right there. Or at least a trip down the stairs for Talia. Get that baby right out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"