Seth Rogen
Marlon Wayans
Andy Samburg
Gerard Butler
Kenan Thompson
Jack Black
Daniel Day Lewis
TastyOffbeatIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

That list is hilarious. I lost it at the bottom when I saw Daniel Day Lewis' name on there.

Last edited:
Cole Turner should just be played by the shocked white guy gif.
200w.gif

I wonder if Cole will end up being a new character in MK 12 in a couple of years.

Eh, Cole is such an amalgam of various cliches already seen in other characters that I don't see much of a point in adding him to the games. I can't see the character becoming super beloved should he feature in the movie, but who knows I guess.

Cole Trickle will be so powerful that the next MK game will consist of Cole fighting different versions of himself. MortCole Kombat will be the greatest game in the series and the character will be beloved by all.

I don't even know what's more lame anymore. A new character for the film named Cole or the type of jokes some of you spew just for a cheap laugh and sarcasm.

This character isn't even officially confirmed by the studio or crew. He's been teased but not in what capacity his role would be.

We don't even know what script version is being used, what rumored elements or changes being made as it can change during production. Was the black dragon and Jarek in any of the old rumors?

Everyone's been all over this project's jock as of late, let's see what happens after they cast their lead character of MORTAL KOMBAT Reboot, the one and only Cole Turner.

All I say is this. If you want to make the movie a trainwreck, just go all the way and make it the most epic trainwreck possible. Like make it a Keanu Reeves 47 Ronin level trainwreck.

Mokap >>>>>>>> Cole Turner :argh:

What if I told you... that Cole Turner was a CGI character?

In an effort to make the movie accessible to audiences, the “audience character” will actually be computer generated so that viewers can feel like they are playing a third-person video game as they follow him through Outworld. Additionally, the entire movie will be side scrolling.

Well, if Kitana is in the movie and they aren't going the clone route with Mileena (and that's what it sounds like since they didn't announce that this actress was also playing Kitana), then they might cast an Asian actress in that role and so now you have an even more diverse cast with an Asian Kitana and a black Mileena. And with Ludi Lin, Joe Talsim and Tadanobu Asano, it's not like Asian actors are being underrepresented here.

That said, it wouldn't shock me at all if Cole Trickle is a generic white guy and sucks up the majority of screentime.

This Cole Turner thing is completely stupid. Because we need some new nobody to show us WTF is going on instead of Liu Kang who did it perfectly well in the original movie. There is no need to recreate Liu Kang as some white guy stand in for the audience to see the movie.

This Cole Turner thing is completely stupid. Because we need some new nobody to show us WTF is going on instead of Liu Kang who did it perfectly well in the original movie. There is no need to recreate Liu Kang as some white guy stand in for the audience to see the movie.

But... but... he's got a DAUGHTER, man. He's competing in an otherworldly tournament against a magical four-armed giant for HER, so it's RELATABLE. Don't you get it?! :o

giphy.gif

Sometimes it's really awesome.

Eh. It’s been a long time since Commando. But if they had to include that cliche, would it really have been that hard to give Liu or Johnny a daughter instead? Hell, Johnny is a movie star so he probably has a few illegitimate children out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"