Mortal Kombat 2021

superman-mos

Civilian
Reaction score
So the web series was ok but there hasn't been any major news on the movie front . I'd almost say do it as Netflix series . 6-10 episodes per season with each season focusing on particular characters until it culminates with the tournament. Kind of like how marvel has been building to The Defenders .

Season 1: The Ninjas

A throwback to the ninja and kung fu movies of the 70s and 80s . Two clans at war one led by a ruthless Sub-Zero and his followers that attach and slay Scorpions clan and in the process his family . He is tortured and killed by Sub-Zero , Rain, and Smoke. His only surviving members of his clan being Reptile who has been horribly disfigured and Noob Saibot who was left clinging to life . The story then follows Sub-Zeros clan as they rise to power with Zeros younger brother taking over as clan leader when the elder Zero is murdered by a vengeful blind warrior Kenshi . Scorpion finds himself resurrected on a path towards revenge . He begins to stalk and murder the members of Zeros clan until his final confrontation with Zero himself . Only to learn thing this is now the younger brother to Zero who has tried to keep his clan on the path of peace . He vows to protect the younger Zero and never take another innocent life but the wicked would be punished . The season ends with both ninjas being approached by Shang Tsung about a tournament.

Season 2 : Earth Bound Warriors

Jax, Sonya , Cage, Stryker, and Kano are this seasons stars with appearances by Raiden as he watches the events unfold . Jax, Sonya , and Stryker are part of a joint Military and FBI task force to take down Kano and his gun running organization. In order to do so they go under cover on one of the biggest Action Stars movie sets as they suspect that Kano is using this movie production to ship illegal weapons out of the states and into Asia for the new Johnny Cage movie . Initially thinking Cage was a part of this operation they learn he is clueless as his only goal is to prove to the world he is a legitimate Martial Artist . He becomes entangled in the operation and agrees to assist bringing Kano down . The movie ends with Kano getting away after murdering Stryker and the remaining trio of Jax , Sonya, and Cage being approached for a tournament by the mysterious Raiden while Kano find himself invited by Shang Tsung .

Season 3: Shaloin Monks

Lui Kang has trained his entire life for a battle he isn't even sure he believes is real . He has always heard stories about Outworls and it's ruthless ruler Shao Kahn . His Master has put him through hell in order to face the upcoming battle against the dark forces . He has been told his great grandfather had been killed by the Outworld sorcerer and minion of Kahn, Shang Tsung. A few episodes would be dedicated to the history of Outworld and Lui Kangs great grandfather Kung lao and his battle with Shang Tsung . This season ends with Raiden revealing himself to Lui Kang as his old master and explains the importance of Kangs role in the upcoming battle against Outworld . He reveals to him that unlike his grandfather this would not be a battle he has to face alone as he introduces him to Jax , Sonya, and Cage . They then begin their training under an aging Kenshi and Raiden to prepare for the battle against Outworld and its forces .

Season 4: The Tournamet

FIGHT !!!!

I'm a big Kenshi fan by the way lol. I'm sure it would need some work but I like the idea of dedicating each season to a build up of these tournaments and the fleshing out of these characters. Also I like the idea of somehow tying the earth bound characters together to a degree and all. Sure some liberties would have be taken to make this work but you could still stay very true to the characters . Just an opinion

Last edited:
That can't be real. If it were, that would be absolutely awful. But i don't believe it is. For one, James wan is producing this, no way they would write a brand new character, which would be the lead and white. Considering you can can choose to focus on any of the diverse (and much more interesting) characters the games have to offer. Two, if they really wanted a white lead, they could've made Sonya or Cage the lead and not write a new character from scratch. The character breakdowns are extremely shallow.

Lets hope this isn't real, because the thought of having mortal kombat focused on struggling boxer that needs to redeem himself for his daughter makes me want to puke.

Last edited:
That can't be real. If it were, that would be absolutely awful. But i don't believe it is. For one, James wan is producing this, no way they would write a band new character, which would be the lead and white. Considering you can can choose to focus on any of the diverse characters the games have to offer. 2, if they really wanted a white lead, they could've made Sonya or Cage the lead and not write a new character from scratch. The character breakdowns are extremely shallow.

Lets hope this isn't real, because the of having mortal kombat focused on struggling boxer that need redeems himself for his daughter makes me want to puke.

It makes my blood boil with red hot rage. :cmad:

I hope you're right though. I would've expected more considering Wan's involvement.

I do wan't to point out, Cole could very well be An African american lead, i rushed to complain about making a white lead. Still, You can give almost the same arc to Jax if that's what you wanted your lead to be, this boxer angle is completely idiotic.

I just had a quick read though this and saw "a 14yr old Raiden". Surely anyone who's involved with a MK product knows what fans are going to want, and a 14yr old Raiden alongside the absence of Scorpion & Sub Zero is not it.

None of that sounds real. It all reads like fake made up BS.

Yeah I hope that turns out to be fake...

Funny enough, I was thinking last week who i'd cast for a MK movie.

This is what I got so far.

Johnny Cage - Dan Stevens

Kano - Jason Statham

Liu Kang - Ludi Lin

Raiden - Ken Watanabe

Scorpion - Lewis Tan

Sub-Zero - Daniel Wu

Sonya Blade- Katheryn Winnick

Jax- Mike Colter

Shao Kahn- Idris Elba

Kitana- Elodie Yung

Mileena- Sofia Boutella

Shang Tsung- Hiroyuki Sanada

Shinnok - Ben Kingsley

Jade- Zazie Beetz

Ermac- Riz Ahmed

This sounds like a hideously bad joke, but it sounds exactly like something they'd pull. The premise is too simple to keep screwing this up.

I can't think of many video games that have successfully transitioned to film. Previous Mortal Kombat films haven't exactly shined, the Dead or Alive film was nothing to shout about, and the Tekken film isn't exactly going to be remembered as a masterpiece.

The mythos behind MK however, I think allows for the strongest story building; it's fantasy, science fiction, mythology and action/fighting all in one. If anyone is going to do it though, they need to do it right and get some big names in on it; big names are generally reluctant to put their name to anything that's too ******, so the writers would need to ensure the script works.

I'd love to see a badass Raiden going all Thor on an army of minions or whatever. Scorpion & Sub Zero have so much potential too.

The rumour was there would be a "fighter" chosen from earth realm who isn't a canon MK name and he would be up against people we are familiar with.

Annilation is great to watch in a B&R type of way. Just press the fast forward button often

What in God's name is this crap?

Cole freakin' Turner everyone. That's the best they could come up with.

https://fansided.com/2018/07/09/mortal-kombat-movie-reboot-character-breakdown/

Mmm, inserting OCs in already popular established media through live-action adaptations?

DIGCeCaUIAA9aS-.jpg

Cole Turner is the name of Phoebe Halliwell's estranged ex on Charmed. They couldn't even be creative enough to get a different name than one already used in a similar high concept show?

They couldn't even be creative enough to get a different name than one already used in a similar high concept show?

giphy.gif

Charmed? Buffy-for-Bimbos? :oldrazz: High concept?

But yesh, yesh indeed this MK concept sounds mightily bullshizzy.

Screw this, the original's still awesome even with its PG-ness.

latest

mortal-kombat-1995-movie-review-goro-johnny-cage-fight.jpg

images

No way they're gonna top Hiroyuki-Tagawa as Shang Tsung. The Liu Kang dude was on-point too.

Okay, hell, MacLeod as Raiden too. I'll fight you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"