Most Evil Joker

However I haven't read the Joker graphic novel...would anyone recommend it?

If you don't like The Joker being a one trick pony then I'd suggest that you keep clear of this steaming pile of horse crap. He kills, he's sick but it's not The Joker. Maybe a serial killer in a straight-to-DVD movie, but not The Joker.

If you don't like The Joker being a one trick pony then I'd suggest that you keep clear of this steaming pile of horse crap. He kills, he's sick but it's not The Joker. Maybe a serial killer in a straight-to-DVD movie, but not The Joker.

what are you talking about? He refrains from killing his #1 rival in the book so he can just mess with his head more. And the people he kills he kills in very imaginative ways, with crude "gags", which is characteristic of Joker.

The only thing I honestly disliked about The Joker GN was the portrayal of Croc. I much prefer Croc as a monstrous being like in Hush and the upcoming Arkham Asylum game. That aside, I found it to be a very entertaining read with a genuinely disturbing portrayal of The Joker.

If you just mean straight-up evil, The Dark Knight Returns, probably. And Azzarello's Joker, well, I don't think "EVIL~" would be the first word I'd use to describe him - I think he was just disgusting, which is bad because Joker is supposed to be all snazzy and dapper and maniacal and in the GN he was just like every other mob lord in Batman with some clown makeup.
But if you mean just ****ed up and insane, The Killing Joke takes the cake. That's my favorite version of Joker. Not that TDKR Joker was exactly the picture of sanity though...

Last edited:
Having done some re-reading of some comics lately along with some new ones, I have a hard time deciding whether The Joker was at his worst in The Killing Joke or The Joker Hardcover. In TKJ he's just very twisted but has a point to make and it's actually a compelling one, as utterly insane and nasty as his methods are to get it across. In The Joker GN though, he just seemed to be killing and wreaking havoc for the sake of it. He also didn't have the charisma of previous Joker portrayals, making him quite despicable in that book. I guess The Joker GN based on that alone would have the most evil portrayal, even though TKJ is very close behind.

The Laughing Fish comic as well as THE 5 WAY REVENGE ISSUE has to be the darkest most evil

Also, who can forget Batman #1 the very first issue!

great thread!

Frank Miller's Joker, circa The Dark Knight Returns. He was stone-cold evil, but perhaps even more than that he felt appropriately evil, in line with the rest of the grimness of the story and the lineage of the character. In stuff like Joker it seemed like he was made to be evil just for the shock-factor, taking it to a point where there was a disconnect with the character. In DKR he does some things that are arguably just as heinous, but it makes sense both within the context of the futuristic story and his relationship with Batman in that.

I can't believe this is even a question, Dark Knight Returns.

He didn't have to kill Paul Schaffer :csad:
I'm glad he killed both David (Letterman) Endochrine and that sex talking perverted old cow Dr. Ruth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"