Movie idea: Justice League Z!

stebbinsd

Civilian
Reaction score
The gist of my idea is "The Z-Fighters cross dimensions and team up with the Justice League."

Everyone wants to see Goku vs. Superman. Who would beat who? Plenty of magazines and web series have already tackled this issue.

But really ... why would Goku and Superman want to fight each other? They're both good guys! I, personally, would pay top dollar to see Goku and Superman team up!

Think about the ways they can combine their superpowers:
- Superman shoots his heat vision, while Goku - standing behind Superman - uses the solar flare to ramp up the heat vision to devastating levels.
- Metallo is hiding somewhere in Metropolis. Goku wants to blast Metallo with his Kamehameha, but doesn't want to cause any property damage (more on that later). He can't sense where Metallo is, since he's an android, so instead, Superman uses his X-Ray vision to find where Metallo is hiding and tells Goku where to telekinetically direct the beam.

Even without the superpowers, there's plenty of stuff Goku and Superman could teach each other from a character perspective. For example, Superman might be turned off by Goku's willingness to kill his enemies, whereas Goku might be turned off by Superman's willingness to fight enemies in the heart of Metropolis, where millions of innocent people could get hurt (see, I told you I would have that covered).

But then, as I fantasized about this team-up in my head, I realized that Goku could learn just as much from Batman as he could from Superman. Batman, just like Krillin, is human, and therefore can never reach the levels of strength or speed of aliens like Goku, Superman, or the Martian Manhunter. And yet, he's one of the top members of the Justice league, right alongside Superman! Because what he lacks in sheer strength or speed, he makes up for in guile, subterfuge, stealth, and a unique style of dress that blends in with the night and strikes fear in the hearts of his opponents. In Goku's world, Krillin has simply accepted his place as an inferior warrior, and whenever the Z Fighters have an enemy that's too strong for them, their only response is to train harder. Sometimes, they might "cheat" to increase their power faster (such as using the Hyperbolic Time Chamber or Elder Kai), but the end result is still just increasing their power level in a linear fashion. They never bother finding a way around their strength discrepancy; they just seek to get more strength ... more speed ... more more MOAR POWAR!

When I realized that, I also realized that Krillin would probably benefit the most from meeting Batman, since he's the one who's usually left in the saiyans' and Namekians' dust.

Bulma would be the one who creates and maintains the portal, and I can't think of a reason she WOULDN'T take her husband Vegeta on this journey. So we would obviously include him..

And so, if that's the case, why not just go all out and have all the Z-Fighters cross dimensions and meet the Justice League?

Beerus told Goku, during Battle of the Gods, about these infinite universe, and so Goku's ***** goes up to over 9,000 and he begs Bulma to create a portal to these other worlds so he can fight stronger opponents. Bulma complies (in order to shut Goku up) and they enter the DC universe. Metropolis would have the same latitude longitude coordinates as West City on both earths, and so the Z-Fighters arrive in Metropolis. Goku sense's Superman's ki as Superman is foiling an Intergang robbery, and flies over, waits patiently for Suprman to finish up, and then asks Superman to fight with him.

Superman doesn't understand. Goku seems to be well-mannered and polite, yet he wants to fight for the sake of violence? Martian Manhunter reads Goku's mind and learns that Goku is indeed a good guy who just loves sport fighting, and who comes from a universe where, even on earth, and even in the afterlife, martial arts tournaments are the most popular form of entertainment.

Maybe we could work in a kryptonite meteor somewhere into the story, just like in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. That way, Goku has something that he can destroy by firing a long-range Kamehameha, in order to prove to the Justice League that he's on the up and up.

To create a conflict that would actually require both the Z-Fighters and the Justice League to team up, we could make it so that Bulma's portal is unstable, and those from Goku's afterlife can also pass dimensions, resulting in Frieza being able to escape (note, this would be a midquel in the Dragon Ball series, after Beerus tells Goku about the infinite universes, but before Frieza gets revived). So Frieza escapes, meets Lex Luthor in Metropolis, and Lex offers to provide Frieza even better mecha enhancements than what he received from his own henchmen after Namek, on one condition, Frieza s first act upon receiving the upgrades must be to kill the Justice League. Frieza gleefully agrees, thinking that it'll only take him a couple of minutes and then he'll be able to head back to his own world and get his revenge on Goku, before living forever in the mortal world (since he'd already be dead, he can't die again, at least not of old age; he can be murdered, but his mecha enhancements + no Goku meant that would never happen).

Superman, of course, predicts that Frieza wasn't getting what he bargained for at face value ... because with Lex Luthor, you never do. Turns out, Superman is right, and Lex installs a killswitch in Frieza's mecha enhancements that paralyzes him with agonizing pain with the press of a button, which Lex uses to keep Frieza as his slave.

Frieza raises one finger and points it at Lex. Lex doesn't feel threatened; what's a tiny little finger gonna do? That is ... until he has a laser going through his heart! Frieza then uses an invisible eye blast to destroy the killswitch.

So now, Frieza is on an unstoppable rampage across the DC earth! Superman finally listens to Goku and is persuaded to kill Frieza. Since Frieza gets revived later, they obviously will fail in this endeavor. Instead, the Z-Fighters' combined ki blasts and Superman's laser vision, together, help to destroy the mecha enhancements, but since Frieza was undead, the undead portions of his body were able to withstand the blast. With his power back to normal, Goku is easily able to restrain Frieza.

So, they don't have to kill Frieza, but Superman ultimately agrees that it might be necessary. Character development nevertheless.

Goku re-enters his own dimension, only to be immediately contacted by King Kai, who's been trying to get ahold of him for days. Goku explains that he's already apprehended Frieza, and King Kai asks "What about Cell?" Turns out ... Cell also escaped right alongside Frieza!

Goku turns to Bulma, with an "oh sheet!" look on his face, and tells her "We ... we have to go back!" We then see Darkside, sitting on his throne on Apocalypse, talking to a guy whose shadow shows that he has a giant stinger tail, which opens up to reveal a cone shape.

The movie ends on a cliffhanger! You have to buy the sequel DVD to see the rest of the story!

So ... have I gotten you guys hyped? Would you guys like to see Bruce Tim and Toie Animation team up and make this movie a reality?

Last edited:
This is impossible and will never ever happen. Unlessits a fanmade animation project. But great idea dude.

I want to see the Justice League in Dragonball Z animi style.

When i watch man of steel i always think of when the saiyans came to earth.

nappa and non both rip through jets aswell.

love both franchice tho :)

Prince Vegeta vs General Zod
Nappa vs Non
Radditz vs Faora

tumblr_nt3p00rVD11rcxqvco1_500.jpg
4fac68091ce9bc540058a617d1780ff3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"