MoviePass, Sinemia, A-List & Beyond - Subscription Theatergoing

I signed up this week.

^Which, if you're any kind of nerd, should be able to figure out how to do. :o

I love mine and I've only had a problem with it once and the theater manager was kind and helped out with that.

Didn't use it enough the last couple months since I was a little busy and there weren't too many movies out that drew me to the theater.

Seeing Disaster Artist this week and then I still wanna see Coco before it leaves and Jumanji 2 looks like decent enough fun.

This would require multiple trips 2 the theater before seeing the movie as can only use Movie Pass once per day
Not if you frequent the theater regularly. If you always have something to watch every week, you only need to take two trips on the "first" ticket. The day-of your "first" screening, purchase another ticket for another day. Preferably within the next 2 weeks, which is most theater's range. When you go to the second screening, purchase your ticket for the third. So on and so forth.

I've been doing this since early September. Haven't had to make multiple trips once.

So if I see Movie (A) that Im there for I can activate the card again & get tickets for Movie (B) on the same day ? I do consider myself a frequent movie goer. But would they not detect this that the card was used twice on the same day ?
No, I'm saying if you plan to see a movie on Friday, you go on a Wednesday to get that ticket.

Then on Friday, you purchase another ticket for say, Sunday.

As long as on the day-of you get a ticket for your next showing relatively soon, you can keep using this advanced-reserve "trick" without having to double back to a theater.

Got mine in late Nov just in time for the onslaught of Dec films.

It works better if you can just get via touchscreen but it's not really a big deal, they aren't losing any money.

Did anyone fill out the survey? It looks like they're thinking about expanding MoviePass to include IMAX and 3D.

Did anyone fill out the survey? It looks like they're thinking about expanding MoviePass to include IMAX and 3D.

I did! Gotta make sure I can get eticketting going on my app.

Sundance: MoviePass Announces It Will Acquire Films

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/moviepass-sundance-1202669456/

MoviePass must have some serious Netflix envy.

The subscription service isn’t just content offering customers bargain-basement tickets to movies. Like the streaming service it is most often compared to, MoviePass is diving into the content business.

Using the Sundance Film Festival as a platform, MoviePass announced that it was creating a subsidiary, dubbed MoviePass Ventures, and will co-acquire films with film distributors. Details are a bit vague, but MoviePass said it plans to release films across other platforms, including streaming, DVD, and on-demand. The service is at Sundance hosting an all-day pitch to indie players that will include panels with the likes of Elijah Wood, producers Daniel Noah and Lisa Whalen, and MoviePass CEO Mitch Lowe.

Lowe took over at MoviePass in 2016 after stints at Netflix and Redbox. The company had struggled for years to popularize its monthly subscriptions, but after being purchased by data analytics firm Helios and Matheson, it picked up steam with a new, low-cost offering. MoviePass slashed prices from roughly $50 a month to $9.95. Since that time, more than 1.5 million people have signed up for the service. In 2016, before it announced the new pricing plan, it had 20,000 subscribers.

Despite its success in attracting customers, MoviePass faces a lot of skepticism about its business model. Major theater chains such as AMC have been scalding in their criticism of their service, publicly predicting its demise. And, it must be said, MoviePass is currently a money-losing proposition. The service heavily subsidizes the tickets of its customers. It pays full price to theaters (tickets in markets like New York and Los Angeles routinely top $15), and hopes that either the data it collects on its customers or the market share it commands will give it leverage with studios and exhibitors. In essence, the company hopes that it will become such a valuable part of the movie-going ecosystem that other stake holders will either offer it cheaper tickets or will buy the information it collects.

Earlier this week, MoviePass announced it was hiring Natasha Mulla as chief marketing officer and was specifically tasking her with enlisting customers in markets such as Dallas and Nashville, where tickets are cheaper as a way to offset its customers in higher-cost markets.

In a statement announcing MoviePass’ move into distribution, Lowe said MoviePass has helped bolster the box office for films and wants to get in on the profits.

“It’s only natural for us to double down and want to play alongside [distributors] — and share in the upside,” he said.

I am giving this thing a try. I plan on going to the movies a lot now, so could save me some money.

Yeah, river east AMC here in Chicago is suddenly off the list. I just activate it at one of the other ones down the block and get my ticket there regardless. Gaming whatever system they claim to use.

They finally fixed the movie pass app interface.

Now it looks so much more professional. :up:

I'm curious about this because I do see a lot of movies, but I'm paranoid that the minute I get it, they'll drop my theater chains. :funny:

I'm curious about this because I do see a lot of movies, but I'm paranoid that the minute I get it, they'll drop my theater chains. :funny:
Well the minute I almost did it, they dropped two theaters I go to a lot.

Had it since October

I have a regal down the block from me and this has been such a joy to have, saw many films I definitely wouldn’t have paid 14-15 bucks to see.

I like the idea but the trade off is they sell all your personal information and market it to who knows what kind of shady as bad place businesses to further push advertisements at you.

And when inevitably one of the said shady businesses gets hacked (or Movie Pass itself), there goes your personal information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"