Sequels Multiple Man movie with James Franco announced!

I think they kinda want their own Ant-Man so to speak. Deadpool was almost too wacky.

At least we know for certain, as was already pointed out here, that The Deuce was practically his audition tape. Though psy will probably hate this idea.

the-deuce.gif

I'm up for this.

Hopefully it's more in the same vein as Deadpool/Logan/New Mutants rather than the main series.

I'm up for this.

Hopefully it's more in the same vein as Deadpool/Logan/New Mutants rather than the main series.

You mean a totally different type of film to one another? yep probably will be.

Deadpool is deadpool, new mutants is gonna be horror with no comic costumes and Logan was grounded western

Last edited:
If this opens the door to an X-Factor film, then I'm all for it.

Multiple Man also has a connection to the Fantastic Four.

Well what does this make now?

Deadpool 2 - Next year
Dark Phoenix - Next year
New Mutants - Next year

Then potential projects
Gambit
X-Force
X23
Multiple Man
Dark Phoenix sequel?
New Mutants 2?
Deadpool 3?
ect ect

Il stop there because i could be here all day ;p

But, but... Disney......watch them give that Doctor Doom film a release date. I joked about FOX announcing future projects despite all the apparent uncertainty last week.

giphy.gif

Rogue. Storm. Shadowcat. Psylocke. Dazzler. Multiple Man. If you had the chance to make a movie about one of these characters, which one would you pick?

If your answer was "Multiple Man, of course! Duh?", congratulations, you're either a random ****ing idiot, or one specific ****ing idiot who works at Fox Studios.

But, but... Disney......watch them give that Doctor Doom film a release date. I joked about FOX announcing future projects despite all the apparent uncertainty last week.

You say that, and I'd love to see that Doom film get a date and some more news, but I think we may not get anything else, maybe, until Noah Hawley is done filming the second season of Legion. IF he has a say in that, anyway.

giphy.gif

Rogue. Storm. Shadowcat. Psylocke. Dazzler. Multiple Man. If you had the chance to make a movie about one of these characters, which one would you pick?

If your answer was "Multiple Man, of course! Duh?", congratulations, you're either a random ****ing idiot, or one specific ****ing idiot who works at Fox Studios.
Or you're fan who thinks that A-list X-characters work better on a team and solos are better for non-typical characters?

I'm sold on this idea. James Franco is fantastic casting for this, and this has to offer something unique for Franco to be interested.

Yeah... wake me up when Fox Studios actually manage to make a good team movie starring at least two of those characters without wasting them.

Multiple Man. :dry:

You say that, and I'd love to see that Doom film get a date and some more news, but I think we may not get anything else, maybe, until Noah Hawley is done filming the second season of Legion. IF he has a say in that, anyway.
There hasn't been an announcement of Fargo S4 or any of Hawley's other gestating TV/Film projects so you never know how close or far he is with regards to Doom.

giphy.gif

I feel u. and Kinberg is that man. He really doesnt want the X-Men or certain X-Men to shine 100% or to get a bigger exposure and mainstream love. He just see them as cool supporting characters at best.

Kinberg is to blame for world hunger so you are probably right.

Although it could be more likely a case of FOX liking a pitch that has been put to them and not finding the whole A or B listers thing important.

Tonally you can probably bet it will be different.

Last edited:
Kinberg is to blame for world hunger so you are probably right.

Although it could be more likely a case of FOX liking a pitch that has been put to them and not finding the whole A or B listers thing important.

Tonally you can probably bet it will be different.

I don't think it's the pitch or concept, Fox is obsessed with star power.

The execs would love it because of Franco being attached, they are that old-fashioned and they have zero knowledge of the comics. They become interested in something because of who is cast to star in it.

This is why we have J-Law more visible as Raven, this is why Channing Tatum is attached to Gambit.

And yet Disney/Marvel can make GoTG with a sentient tree, a talking raccoon and the (at the time) virtually unknown Chris Pratt.

I think the rumor is that the pitch for this came about while Franco and Kinberg were working on some Hardy boys project. Yes, Kinberg's name is attached, but I think Franco is the main creative force behind this pitch.

Which, hell yes.

I think a pitch helps more tbh.

There are probably 3 ways it can be pitched.

Actor > character > tone > visual > greenlight.

Character > tone > Visual > actor > Greenlight.

Character > tone > visual > Greenlight > actor.

New Mutants was likely greenlit not because of any actors but likely because they liked the pitch they heard.

If Jlaw was gonna get a mystique movie just because she is Jlaw then that probably would have happened by now but as yet that hasn't happened and it doesn't seem like there is any plan for it either.

Last edited:
X-Factor Investigations or nothing.

Time to introduce Strong Guy, Polaris, M and Forge in a film!

Yeah... wake me up when Fox Studios actually manage to make a good team movie starring at least two of those characters without wasting them.

Multiple Man. :dry:

Oh please, tell me more about it.

We are going to get a Hope Summers film, a Battle Royale-esque film featuring the Longshot and a Daken movie even before we see the likes of Cyclops, Psylocke, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Polaris in a X-Men ensemble film doing X-Men stuff. Because you know the X-Men is all about the spin offs and prequels focusing on Brotherhood mutants. Crazy huh. :loco:

I was going to make a joke about a future solo movie, but you beat me to it
I think the one after Multiple Man and those you mentioned will be Pixie: The Movie :funny:

I don't think it's the pitch or concept, Fox is obsessed with star power.

The execs would love it because of Franco being attached, they are that old-fashioned and they have zero knowledge of the comics. They become interested in something because of who is cast to star in it.

This is why we have J-Law more visible as Raven, this is why Channing Tatum is attached to Gambit.

And yet Disney/Marvel can make GoTG with a sentient tree, a talking raccoon and the (at the time) virtually unknown Chris Pratt.

good to see at least someone understanding the industry, or at least Fox's usual thinking. The fact that some fans havent found it out yet is surprising, to say the least

Fox dares to different and forgot the X-Men is mostly about a team of mutants working together. But in the meantime,give me that musical Dazzler film, a high school movie starring Northstar and a r-rated alien movie The Brood... Because what else right? Its all about doing something that the other studios won't dare to make. Now this film.could go and compete with Morbious, Venom, Silver & Black and Batgirl, Joker & Harley. :o

In all seriousness, I hope they turn this into a X-Factor film. I prefer team films than another solo film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"