Sequels Noah Hawley to Write/EP "Legion" Pilot for FX

Because I think the TV side is a genuine coproduction. I think Fox and Marvel working on friendly terms is a great thing.

It is, but I doubt Marvel will have very much involvement in the FOX shows. Too many cooks and what have you. And Loeb has got a full plate overseeing the shows on ABC, Netflix and Disney XD.

But Marvel having their exec named on a FOX show is at the very least a sign of a thaw. One of the Sony leaks was an e-mail (I guess forwarded to Sony?) from Marvel's Alan Fine blaming a FOX rep for a story that had Feige named as a producer on Deadpool. I doubt we'll have characters bouncing back and forth between universes, but it's a good start.

The named producers isn't the thing that makes me feel that there is a collabrative effort. It is the fact that Marvel Television is named as part of the production. So there should be some Marvel staff involved in some capacity.

The named producers isn't the thing that makes me feel that there is a collabrative effort. It is the fact that Marvel Television is named as part of the production. So there should be some Marvel staff involved in some capacity.

I agree. Plus the writer said he is starting to work with Jeph Loeb on the show.

Because I think the TV side is a genuine coproduction. I think Fox and Marvel working on friendly terms is a great thing.

Reading the announcement, it was clearly announced the FX will handle the main production for Legion while FOX TV studios will handle the main production for Hellfire. Marvel Television's participation is probably just a formality statement since FOX got the rights from Marvel and Marvel would get some money from these TV shows.

The question is why put Jeph Loeb as Executive Producer if none of the movies have Kevin Feige as one?

They specifically talk about working with Marvel and co-production with Hellfire. These were also announced through Marvel. I think there's a little more to it than some would have us believe, even if it's as simple as it being an olive branch of sorts.

The question is why put Jeph Loeb as Executive Producer if none of the movies have Kevin Feige as one?

Because Marvel Television and Fox Television clearly have a better relationship than the movie side of their businesses.

Because Loeb is in charge of Marvel Television, not Feige. I'm not seeing Feige's name on Agents of Shield, either. Though, I may be looking in the wrong place.

Because Loeb is in charge of Marvel Television, not Feige. I'm not seeing Feige's name on Agents of Shield, either. Though, I may be looking in the wrong place.

I think what you're not quite grasping is that the X-Men films don't even credit Feige, they just slap Stan Lee's name on them. The point is that it's certainly different that the Marvel Television guy is getting credited when the Marvel Film guy doesn't. It certainly suggests this is more of a true co-production, even if Fox has final say.

They specifically talk about working with Marvel and co-production with Hellfire. These were also announced through Marvel. I think there's a little more to it than some would have us believe, even if it's as simple as it being an olive branch of sorts.
I think what you're not quite grasping is that the X-Men films don't even credit Feige, they just slap Stan Lee's name on them. The point is that it's certainly different that the Marvel Television guy is getting credited when the Marvel Film guy doesn't. It certainly suggests this is more of a true co-production, even if Fox has final say.

This.

Don't know how that can be argued. The big news was that they are both working together on it.

Loeb is the head of Marvel Television, that's why he's listed and not Feige. There hasn't been any indication that any of the upcoming films are co-productions like these two shows so why would Feige who's the head of the movies division, be listed?

Last edited:
Feige was actually credited as a producer on Sony's TASM franchise. He's not a producer on the X-Men films presumably because there's been no real working relationship between Marvel and Fox for years. The fact that Loeb is credited (rather than simply using Stan Lee) implies that there's a relationship now, at least.

I've just returned from a long vacation (with crappy wi-fi) to all this news about Legion, Hellfire and Gambit... Wow...

Legion does sound like a more collaborative venture between Marvel and Fox. I'm interested to hear more about what other characters might be used in this series.

Considering how wasted the potential of the Hellfire Club was in First Class, a TV series focusing on this organisation sounds interesting too.

I know that. Everything points to this being an actual coprodution, which the movies are not.

Loeb is the head of Marvel Television, that's why he's listed and not Feige. There hasn't been any indication that any of the upcoming films are co-productions like these two shows so why would Feige who's the head of the movies division, be listed?

That's exactly my question. Is it a co-production? I think the answer is yes, but there are people saying it's not and the crediting of Jeph Loeb is merely symbolic. My question was, if that's true, why the same symbolic crediting doesn't happen in the movies.

Because Fox doesn't need Marvel's permission to make movies.

Not that I'm saying that these shows are going for token Marvel involvement. Otherwise I doubt Jim Chory would've been named as a producer as well.

That's exactly my question. Is it a co-production? I think the answer is yes, but there are people saying it's not and the crediting of Jeph Loeb is merely symbolic. My question was, if that's true, why the same symbolic crediting doesn't happen in the movies.

The press release says both shows are being produced by 20th Century Fox and Marvel Television. So yes, that would imply it's a co-production.

He's probably representing for Marvel Television. Anyway, I don't like Jeph Loeb's track record so I hope he has a little input in these shows.

He's probably representing for Marvel Television. Anyway, I don't like Jeph Loeb's track record so I hope he has a little input in these shows.

Loeb has questionable track record at best.

It remains to be seen how much input Loeb will have.Hawley has said he has
talked to Bryan Singer and Simon Kinberg as he is working on pilot script.

Well, I love Agents of SHIELD, but you have to acknowledge he's capable of doing good work unless you don't like Daredevil.

I'm not likely to attribute any successes to him. He wasn't exactly the showrunner on those shows.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is really good, so not sure why that's being used in the anti-Loeb stuff (for goodness sake, point to his real bad Marvel stuff, like his Ultimate work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"