MutantCircus Art Thread

Huntress_O4 said:
Could you do me a favor? Re-do this one a bit, and put in the voice over for my SM3 script:

"There are days when I wish the fighting would stop. Days when I wish I was just like everyone else. Days when I want to give up. But then I remember that Mary Jane is waiting for me, and I know I can't give up. Because I'm Spider-Man, now, and forever."

I think it would be awesome.
The way I did this page would make it difficult to change the words (I printed out the text and drew on that page) but I'd be more than happy to make a new page with that text, and I'll even make it similar to this one. I've never liked the first panel on the bottom row, or the second and third panels of the middle row, so those would be much different. But I'll add that to my projects. Thanks for your interest. :D

Your drawings are improving, my friend. Keep it going. :D :up:

Silver S said:
Your drawings are improving, my friend. Keep it going. :D :up:
Thanks. I've been doing a lot of anatomy reseach lately, but I'm going to have to look at some medical drawings of muscles because I've realised that comic books are extremely inconsistant with their anatomy. I was looking through my Wolverine magazine from Wizard and realized how one artist makes a certain muscle go all the way from one joint to another, while another artist makes it dissapear halfway. One artist makes a certain muscle very large, while another makes it small or leaves it out completely. And every drawing was Wolverine! I just need to get my hands on some muscle sketches.

Just an average doodle for today:

Spidey_once_again__by_MutantCircus.jpg

MutantCircus said:
Thanks. I've been doing a lot of anatomy reseach lately, but I'm going to have to look at some medical drawings of muscles because I've realised that comic books are extremely inconsistant with their anatomy. I was looking through my Wolverine magazine from Wizard and realized how one artist makes a certain muscle go all the way from one joint to another, while another artist makes it dissapear halfway. One artist makes a certain muscle very large, while another makes it small or leaves it out completely. And every drawing was Wolverine! I just need to get my hands on some muscle sketches.

I recommend "The Figure" by Walt Reed as a good, basic figure drawing book. If you wanna delve into how all the muscles connect where, on a slightly more technical level, there is Burne Hogarth's 'Dynamic Figure Drawing'. A slight warning though, all of his drawings make the body appear as if it were skinned and all the muscles show clearly through, it's almost overkill. But still useful to see where muscles connect, etc. Drawing from life is of course the best way I've known to draw the figure better. :)

Hey everyone. I'm back again. Life got busy so I haven't had enough free time to get on the computer lately. Unfortunately, I don't have any comic-related art to post because I've been busy with another art-related project, but I'll be sure to post anything I come up with soon. Anyway, thanks for checking back, and this thread will be back in action soon enough.

Sadly yes. Anyway, I should have a new drawing on Wednesday. That's the earliest I'll be working without my mean supervisor looking over my shoulder.

Doc Ock said:
You're making a new one?
Actually, while a new drawing is on my list of drawings in progress, I meant I should be posting some new art tomorrow, as I will be free to draw while I work.

It's new, it's different, it's... unforgivably cheesy. Anyway, here's what I drew today, a Puma/Spidey team up.

Puma_and_Spider_Man_teamup_by_MutantCircus.jpg

i dont know about the rest of you guys, but i'm loving the progress i'm seeing. good $hit, MC! now, this is not a bash by any means, but i just think you'd love the book "how to draw comics the marvel way" i got it a couple years back and it helped me through art school. ask santa about it. . .

Yeah MC rocks.You should see his Ock pics :up:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I'll look for that book. I've been drawing a few Marvel pics, but I haven't had time to scan them lately. I'll post some new pics soon.

Ock_vs_Spidey_by_MutantCircus.jpg

I LOVE this one.Look at the snarl on Ock's face :D

And you cant go wrong with Ock wearing the white armani suit.Very classy :up:

Hey I'm loving your work. You've improved alot. (I used to be #7CaRnAgE#7 but i couldn't get back into the account so i made this one)anyways looking foreward to your new work!:unishr:

I know it's been a while, but I've really been working hard at my art. I got my anatomy down, and then worked on adding some anime influence for my own unique look. So it's a sort of 80's comic book/action hero anime look. He's some comparison of my new art drawn in march compared to some older drawings from december:

oshen.jpg

yuri.jpg

coz.jpg

Old stuff on the left, new stuff on the right.

Nice to see you've been working on the ol' pencils! I think there are some definite improvements - your older drawings have a stiffness your newer ones lack. :up: :) More?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"