MutantCircus Art Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by MutantCircus, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Covenant Elite Registered

Crap Spider? LOL!

2. MutantCircus Registered

LOL! Now there's a typo to rule them all!!! Of course, I meant the crab spider, but since I've always hated that thing, maybe my subconscious was talking, lol.

3. DarkKnightJRK Registered

Your getting preety good at this. :up:

Do you think you could try drawing different heros? Just a suggestion, to help with your art.

4. kritic Registered

Since when are 19-year old's born in 1983.

5. Covenant Elite Registered

Perhaps he lied about his age and b-day no to give out personal info?

6. kritic Registered

Perhaps so.

7. Covenant Elite Registered

Exunctly.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

8. MutantCircus Registered

Actually, I must have made a mistake. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix it.

9. #7CaRnAgE#7 Registered

cool like always cant wait to see more

10. MutantCircus Registered

inked version of that recent pic:

[​IMG]

And here's the rough (and crappy) sketch I drew, simply to clearly show the way I designed my own version of the spidey costume:

[​IMG]

11. ^.^ I love your drawings so much! I started my drawing class in school this week, and today we drew cities. I was so excited, cuz mine was actually pretty good. Since i cant draw people yet, I may have my friend Roger draw a pic of Spider-Man in it when i get it back. I'll post it if I get a chance ^.^ (though i dont have a scanner, so it'll just be a picture of the picture, and may not make it of the highest quality)

12. MutantCircus Registered

Awesome. I'll look forward to seeing it.

And to those of you suggested blue pencils, what the heck are they? I was going to buy one, but I couldn't find one anywhere. Do you mean a blue "colored pencil" A.K.A. a crayon incased in wood? I would hope for something I can erase. If you can give me a description I'd appreciate it. :)

13. imdaly - Part 12

I've seen friends draw pictures, where they start out just drawing very very lightly with a light blue colored pencil. then when they know they have the lines exactly how they want them, they go over those lines with a black colored pencil. You can't see the blue under it that way. Also, any unwanted lightl blue lines can either be erased or just colored over later. Not sure if that's how the other posters were talking about, but I know it works well.

Btw, I'm loving this thread. I'm very glad you started posting pictures before you are "picture perfect" or anything. It really lets us see the real progression you are going through, and you are DEFINITELY progressing!

Also, I would like to say that that poster you did for Spider-Man 3 is AWESOME!!! How the hell did you get Venom to look so good?!?! AWESOME job, man!

I look forward to your future pictures :D

14. MutantCircus Registered

Thanks, I'll try that until I find out about those other methods. And I did a LOT with that Venom picture before it got to looking so real. A lot of messing with the lighting and adding blurs in certain paces.

Also, here's a new drawing I made at work. Original pose, no comics for reference:

[​IMG]

15. #7CaRnAgE#7 Registered

i like the #3 spider the final one as a huge butt lol :p

16. MutantCircus Registered

I did that as a nod to the crab spider, which was basically a circle with legs. I decided to give the spider a circular shape, while going mostly with the #3 spider, an alteration of the movie's back spider.

17. MutantCircus Registered

Okay, I finally feel I've got Spidey down really well, (mind you, I'll always be improving him, but I've pretty much accomplished the look I'm going for) so I've begun to design another character. For now, I'll just let you know it's a Spider-man villain, and it's not Venom or any of the other villains in this thread. I'll post a pic of a small sneak peek later today, but I have yet to finish designing this character's overall look.

18. MutantCircus Registered

Just a quick sketch, but here's the sneak peek I promised:

[​IMG]

19. PrimeObjective Registered

getting better. :up:

20. MutantCircus Registered

Drew my first complete pic of Ock today, partly with comics for reference and partly without. I'm not sure if he's ready for posting yet, though.

21. #7CaRnAgE#7 Registered

cool cept i dont think spidy is ganna make it he looks like hes ganna be a schiscabob(or how ever you spell it lol) :)

22. MutantCircus Registered

Part of the suspense. I'm considering making a series of pictures, made to look like a page out of a comic book. Just a fight between Spidey and Ock, or something like that. I'll probably try that after I finish getting Ock's look down.

23. Crimson Dynamo Registered

Hey, why don't you do a series of pictures designed to look as though they're from a comicbook...and put them together into a comicbook!

24. MutantCircus Registered

Not nearly ready for such a big venture, but maybe eventually, when my skills have grown.

25. MutantCircus Registered

Assembled from several versions of his comic book self, as well as some movie influence, I present Doc Ock:

[​IMG]