MutantCircus Art Thread

Some more work on Shocker's costume:

shocker1a_t.jpg

Had some free time today, so I used it to draw a Spidey vs. Shocker pic. Since this is the first time I've drawn Shock out of work, this is the way I've really been picturing him. Here ya go:
spideyvsshocker2a_t.jpg

And on a totally unrelated side note, Saturday is my 20th birthday. :D

spidey looks nice there but shocker still looks ****ed up his torso looks odd.

This really isn't a VS. picture, I just added Spidey in really quick for size reference:

spideyvsrhino1a_t.jpg

Woohoo! 1,500 views! That's awesome. I'll have to work up something cool for 2,000.

Busy day at work, so all I got done was an early sketh of my idea for the Lizard's look. His look is going to get a few more changes before I'm done, but I'm basically going for a good cross between MTV's take on him and the comics.

lizarda_t.jpg

wow havnt posted in a while but just want to give you some good luck on your drawing everything is going nicely

Drew a new pic of him now that I'm out of work, and have some pics for referance. This time I was able to put a little more MTV influence into him, and I'm now quite happy with his look.

lizard1a_t.jpg

#7CaRnAgE#7 said:
wow havnt posted in a while but just want to give you some good luck on your drawing everything is going nicely
Thanks, Carngage. I'm finding It easier to draw anatomically correct figures without any pics for referance. I guess it just needs to get nailed into my head with lots of practice, practice, practice.

BTW, everybody, no updates this weekend because I'm gonna be busy celebrating my entry into my third decade of life!

o ya! way better he looks way more evil the other lizard looked more cartoonish ....o have fun this weekend!

Okay, this afternoon I tried my hand at Hobgoblin, but I'm not satisfied with his look yet, I'm going to keep working on him. Here's my concept sketch:

hobgoblin1a_t.jpg

And since I won't be seeing you guys for the rest of the weekend, I made this for you all to comment on, so my thread won't be on page 5 when I get back:

spideyvslizard1a.jpg

Thanks everyone who wished me a happy birthday. I did indeed have an awesome birthday, and my Mom even gave me my favorite birthday gift in a long time, ASM #300! I was totally blown away. I've been looking for a copy of that thing forever. It must have cost a fortune. Anyway, I'm going to start working on my one-page fight between Spidey and Ock, and I'm also going to start working on a plot for a full fan comic of Spidey. I'm not sure which villains I should use though. I'd like to use more than one, with one villain being minor, but certain villains wouldn't work in the same book (like Lizard and Rhino). So anyway I'm just starting with those, so don't expect to see anything about either one for at least a week. In the meantime I'm just enjoying my weekend. Talk to you all later! :)

Okay, I had some free time today, and so I started to make that one-page deal I've been talking about. Well, Spidey sort of took over and wrote it himself. So you may be dissapointed that there's no Doc Ock (this time) or any other supervillain. It's just something that flowed well with Peter's character. Right now it's only early pencils, so a lot will change before I ink it, but I thought I'd show you how it's going:

fullpage1a_t.jpg

Well, you'll see more, as I've found the comic book style helps make things go faster, as each picture simply tells a part of a story, rather than being a complete representation of the character. Anyway, to all reading this thread, who's your pick for my villain in my full-length independant Spider-Man comic? Your choices are Doc Ock, Lizard, Shocker, or Rhino. Please note that depending on the villain, a second one may appear. It depends on compatability. Lizard would most likely take the story all by himself, while Shocker or Rhino would probably end up sharing the stage with someone else. Dock Ock could go either way. Anyway, I need a villain before I can write the story, and I need the story before I can draw the comic. This is not the movie universe, or the Marvel universe. Call it the Mutant Circus alternate universe if you want, I'm making my own rules here.

Shocker! Too much wasted potential on him. I mean he friggin built his shock-gloves, he's gotta be a mad genius!

Maverik said:
MutantCircus, I've been following this thread for a while, and like someone said earlier (not to be mean) but you did draw like a 9 year old, but over a short period you've gotten a hell of alot better. Keep practicing and you'll be able to pull out some nice spidey sketches. Key thing is Anatomy. I'd recommend taking an art class in your spare time like I did.

I'd like to see u do better..... So, put your money where your mouth/art classes is/are and post some of your own self drawn spidey pics... otherwise ****.... ever heard if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing at all?? personally I like the progression of his artwork.... fine sketches here MC, keep up the good work..

I'd like to see you draw one of my faves, and very under rated villian, Mysterio :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"