MutantCircus Art Thread

WeBhEaD75 said:
I'd like to see you draw one of my faves, and very under rated villian, Mysterio :)
I've been meaning to get to Mysterio. He's pretty cool, and I love the updated look he has in the Spider-Man 2 video game. I'll have to work on that design a little, whether or not I use him. And sorry, PO, I'll never, EVER do rocket racer. If you want to see him, watch episode 1 of the MTV Spider-Man show. They call him something different, but he's basically the same character.

And anyway, here's another villain I finally finished, Electro:

electro1a_t.jpg

Okay, I had a busy day at work, so I'm amazed I have anything to post at all. How ironic that I actually got 3 new villains designed. The anatomy is a bit off on the pictures, of course, because they're just quick sketches drawn without reference, and I was more focusing on costume and basic body type, rather than creating perfect works of art. Anyway, here's the 3 new villains:

Mysterio
mysterio1a_t.jpg

Sandman
sandman1a_t.jpg

And Vulture
Vulture_by_MutantCircus.jpg

So you've now got more options for villain choices, too. Let me know what you think. Thanks. :)

#7CaRnAgE#7 said:
is venom a choice?
He might be soon. He's a bit tougher to draw since he's straight up spandex, and coloring him black makes him even trickier, so I've been reluctant to design him. Until I can get him down the choices are just my new designs.

WeBhEaD75 said:
I'd like to see u do better..... So, put your money where your mouth/art classes is/are and post some of your own self drawn spidey pics... otherwise fork.... ever heard if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing at all?? personally I like the progression of his artwork.... fine sketches here MC, keep up the good work..

It was constructive criticism. Calm down you idiot.

When I do get all my drawings together I do plan on scanning them and then I don't mind if you think my art is great or it sucks more than Paul Anderson's directing!

On Topic, MC your Mysterio design friggin rules ash. That's my vote now!

Second choice is your badass Electro.(BTW Keep the mask away, it's too cheesy. :) )

Maverik said:
It was constructive criticism. Calm down you idiot.

When I do get all my drawings together I do plan on scanning them and then I don't mind if you think my art is great or it sucks more than Paul Anderson's directing!

On Topic, MC your Mysterio design friggin rules ash. That's my vote now!

Second choice is your badass Electro.(BTW Keep the mask away, it's too cheesy. :) )

I am not an idiot... Because I totally understood it was meant to be constructive criticism, like you're supposed to be an expert or something..... However, your criticism was NOT constructive.... It was rather harsh.... "you draw like a 9 year old"... come on man, that was a bit much... don't ya think?

and YES MC, i love your mysterio drawing.... thanx for coming up with that by request basically..... i really like your sandman too... :)

WeBhEaD75 said:
I am not an idiot... Because I totally understood it was meant to be constructive criticism, like you're supposed to be an expert or something..... However, your criticism was NOT constructive.... It was rather harsh.... "you draw like a 9 year old"... come on man, that was a bit much... don't ya think?

and YES MC, i love your mysterio drawing.... thanx for coming up with that by request basically..... i really like your sandman too... :)

If you "totally understood" it was constructive criticism, then you shouldn't have attacked me like you did.

and the 9 year old comment was made by many others yet you chose to single and curse me out. Ironically "a bit much" also, and in my opinion the comment was not harsh at all, I mean, I had that same comment about my art a few years ago and I agreed with it. Art lessons were a wonder, and although human anatomy is pretty boring compared to drawing Spider-man and whatnot, it has helped me a great deal.

BTW, I also drew this at work, as a joke. Yeah, things were getting rough and I just needed to laugh.

The_Spot_by_MutantCircus.jpg

And here's Scorpion:

Scorpion_by_MutantCircus.jpg

Yes, Venom fans, I'm working on my new Venom, but my love of the character is causing me to take a long time reaching the point where I'm happy with the look. He's coming, just hang in there.

WeBhEaD75 said:
I'd like to see u do better..... So, put your money where your mouth/art classes is/are and post some of your own self drawn spidey pics... otherwise fork.... ever heard if you dont have anything nice to say, say nothing at all?? personally I like the progression of his artwork.... fine sketches here MC, keep up the good work..

...or why don't you post something?

Mutant is 20 years old, and it's really no secret that he's not a dazzling artist, or is at the level most of his age group are at. BUt he enjoys it, so what the bad place. More power to him, I say. But if other people want to offer him crit, which is never bad, let them. Don't go off on someone because they aren't sucking ash like every other person inthe thread.

And don't don't even start to critize me for telling you WHAT I THINK. I have a gallery in this forum, so theres my 'putting my money where my mouth is', bucko.

Okay, this thread needs a little less arguing, so let me just say I know my art isn't going to make anyone say "Wow!" I mean, I've only been drawing for two months and I've never taken a class in my life. Even my anatomy research has only come from the couple dozen Spider-Man comics I've read. I still don't know what the heck those blue pencils are and I draw on 4x6 pieces of paper, so it makes all errors and irreguarities even bigger than the actual drawings. I'll eventually do some actual anatomy research, find some of those blue pencils, and draw on larger peices of paper so that the lines will all look more smooth and professional, but for now I'm just doing it the way it comes easiest. I use a memo pad because I can fit it in my shirt pocket. I draw with a lead 0.5 mechanical pencil because I happen to own several. And I draw Spider-Man because that's that character that proved to me that comics are not all about punch-by-punch fight scenes, but actual stories. I do this because I love these characters and love to flesh them out the perfect way I'd like to picture them. I can't see myself doing this for a living unless I got a lot better at it in a short amount of time, so I'm not too insulted if someone tells me I draw like a nine-year-old. Heck, those nine-year-olds probably have a lot more practice at it, and probably aren't talking on the phone while they're drawing, either. Anyway, to introduce a more positive atmosphere, I present the other sketch I made at work today, the ultimate symbol of peace and love, the Punisher:

The_Punisher_by_MutantCircus.jpg

Maverik said:
If you "totally understood" it was constructive criticism, then you shouldn't have attacked me like you did.

and the 9 year old comment was made by many others yet you chose to single and curse me out. Ironically "a bit much" also, and in my opinion the comment was not harsh at all, I mean, I had that same comment about my art a few years ago and I agreed with it. Art lessons were a wonder, and although human anatomy is pretty boring compared to drawing Spider-man and whatnot, it has helped me a great deal.

ok ok.... i'll end this with my final thought..... i think i am just jealous, overall.... and i jumped into a conversation that was not mine.... one among two artists.... the jealousy comes in where the fact is, is that i cant draw for sh1t.... and wish i could.... lol.... my trouble is keeping different parts of the anatomy in proportion..... arms and legs to torso, and all of it in proportion to the head.... my heads either come out too small or too big... lol

MutantCircus said:
BTW, I also drew this at work, as a joke. Yeah, things were getting rough and I just needed to laugh.

The_Spot_by_MutantCircus.jpg

*whistles* come here spot, come here boy *whistles*... lol, that's a funny pic to decide to draw.... he was such a lame character... ha ha ha.... which i know is why you chose him, to add a note of sarcasm to the thread... lol... good one man... :)

MidKnight said:
...or why don't you post something?

Mutant is 20 years old, and it's really no secret that he's not a dazzling artist, or is at the level most of his age group are at. BUt he enjoys it, so what the bad place. More power to him, I say. But if other people want to offer him crit, which is never bad, let them. Don't go off on someone because they aren't sucking ash like every other person inthe thread.

And don't don't even start to critize me for telling you WHAT I THINK. I have a gallery in this forum, so theres my 'putting my money where my mouth is', bucko.

why dont i post something? cuz i cant draw for sh1t.... lol... and i never claimed to be able to... i neve claimed to be able to because i am totally not an artist..... and yes, i agree, CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is good.. but not telling someone they draw like a 9 yr old.... and no, i am not trying to go off on you by saying all of this... just stating what my intentions were, just trying to help defend someone against a rude comment... but i'll just leave it all be now, and let him deal with it himself.... i would love to see your artwork thread... it's always cool to see fan art..... seem u and i have a problem sticking our noses into other people's business.... so my apologies to you, maverick, and definitely to MC for tainting his thread... i'll just sit back now and enjoy the art exhibit... :)

MutantCircus said:
Okay, this thread needs a little less arguing, so let me just say I know my art isn't going to make anyone say "Wow!" I mean, I've only been drawing for two months and I've never taken a class in my life. Even my anatomy research has only come from the couple dozen Spider-Man comics I've read. I still don't know what the heck those blue pencils are and I draw on 4x6 pieces of paper, so it makes all errors and irreguarities even bigger than the actual drawings. I'll eventually do some actual anatomy research, find some of those blue pencils, and draw on larger peices of paper so that the lines will all look more smooth and professional, but for now I'm just doing it the way it comes easiest. I use a memo pad because I can fit it in my shirt pocket. I draw with a lead 0.5 mechanical pencil because I happen to own several. And I draw Spider-Man because that's that character that proved to me that comics are not all about punch-by-punch fight scenes, but actual stories. I do this because I love these characters and love to flesh them out the perfect way I'd like to picture them. I can't see myself doing this for a living unless I got a lot better at it in a short amount of time, so I'm not too insulted if someone tells me I draw like a nine-year-old. Heck, those nine-year-olds probably have a lot more practice at it, and probably aren't talking on the phone while they're drawing, either. Anyway, to introduce a more positive atmosphere, I present the other sketch I made at work today, the ultimate symbol of peace and love, the Punisher:

QUOTE]

well put man..... and i applaud you for your efforts.... kinda inspires me to pick up my sorry azz attempts at art again..... lol.... now i do have something to say about your punisher pic.... not criticism or even making fun... but i thought that your punisher's head/face looks uncannily like "bill cosby's" from the south park episode that is a partial spoof on the Terminator.... the "trapper keeper" episode.... :)

Well, slow day at work, so I had time to draw a character with a lot of detail. Here come the Thing!

The_Thing_by_MutantCircus.jpg

Legs need to be alot longer he looks unporportional(spelling?) but thats pretty good.

The Thing is a character who is disporportionate. He's got a huge chest and arms, but the rest of his body is normal-sized.

PrimeObjective said:
thing.jpg

doesnt look that way..
I only see a red x, but anyway the representations I'm most familiar with show him with the porportions I've drawn. I'm used to picturing the Thing like this, a lot more Hulk-like and with an ape-like body:

ufile_1023700898.jpg

I picture the Thing having huge arms to throw around those gigantic fists of his, and slightly short, stocky legs. I gave my own design of the rock plates, to look like the rock is almost like armor resting in a more mudlike, flexable substance. Anyway, this is my take on the Thing and as I said I drew him how I want him to look.

Anyway, I spent some of my free time today drawing a new Sandman pic. I'm studying Erik Larson's method of drawing faces, because out of all the SM artists I like his style on faces the best. I've been focusing on Bagley's take on bodies from the waist up, but I hate how he gives characters funnels shaped legs and tiny ballerina feet, so I go with McFarlane's style for the lower half. The Sandman pic is based off a panel from The Return of the Sinister Six, but it's not an exact copy. I altered the pose and gave Sandman my own idea of his look.

The_Sandman_by_MutantCircus.jpg

Yeah, that's one seriously ticked Sandman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"