My iPod Nano Died....

user123456789

Avenger
Reaction score
So anyway after I fully charge it, I dropped it by accident. I didn't think twice since i've dropped it dozens of times. Well what do ya know... IT DOESN'T WORK... :mad:

I've plugged it back into its USB charger, and it doesn't turn on or anything. I've tried resetting it, to no avail.

Am I screwed? Will Apple give me a replacement?

Should I drop it really hard again to see if that fixes it?

I dropped my mini once. The HD busted. Apple wouldn't replace it. But I didn't even tell them it was dropped. Those damn cheaters.

boyscouT said:
Am I screwed? Will Apple give me a replacement?

It depends how long you've had it.

See, this is when those Best Buy warranties everybody complains about become very useful :)

I dropped my nano too (before I got an iPod with video) and Apple wouldn't replace it either. Damn you Apple! Yet...I keep going back. :(

Hmmmm, this has influenced me to not upgrade as my mini disc player is constantly being dropped and bouncing off the groud when I travel home late at night. I'd go through tons of the things!......

I got an iPod nano, heres a tip, dont drop it. The thing is tiny, if youre going to be throwing it around, dont buy it. Im surprised youve been able to get it working after dropping it many times before. This isnt the tank first generation ipod. Rule of thumb, if its really small, its more delicate. Dont blame Apple, blame your clumsiness.

Mp3 hard drives only weakness = dropping :)

Wouldn`t have the problem with flash memory disks :(

I had a dell digital jukebox, and I dropped it too many times and broke the hard drive.

Luckily Im getting an ipod video in 2 weeks

Darthphere said:
I got an iPod nano, heres a tip, dont drop it. The thing is tiny, if youre going to be throwing it around, dont buy it. Im surprised youve been able to get it working after dropping it many times before. This isnt the tank first generation ipod. Rule of thumb, if its really small, its more delicate. Dont blame Apple, blame your clumsiness.

But when you carry something around 24/7 chances are you're going to drop it.
They should make them more durable

Thanks for the episode!

You if got a warranty, you should be good.

Carter said:
But when you carry something around 24/7 chances are you're going to drop it.
They should make them more durable

Or....you sould be more careful with them.

yeah, and they should make them more durable.

Darthphere said:

If I want a portable music device I don't want to be treating it like glass, mmmmk? I wouldn't mind a metal shell getting created that has some sort of shock absorbers on the inside if you drop yer damn iPod.

Master Chief said:
If I want a portable music device I don't want to be treating it like glass, mmmmk? I wouldn't mind a metal shell getting created that has some sort of shock absorbers on the inside if you drop yer damn iPod.

Im not saying treat it like glass, but you cant expect for your dumbass to drop it 20 times and then when it finally breaks make Apple pay for your clumsiness.

~†~§iX~†~ said:
Hmmmm, this has influenced me to not upgrade as my mini disc player is constantly being dropped and bouncing off the groud when I travel home late at night. I'd go through tons of the things!......
Yeah mini disc players are awesome. I use the MD player my cousin gave me (he bouught it in 1994 for $500 but upgraded a few years later and gave it to me) occasionally, usually when I go on vacation or something and don't want to risk losing my iPod.

black_dust said:
Mp3 hard drives only weakness = dropping :)

Wouldn`t have the problem with flash memory disks :(

The Nano is made with flash memory, not a hard drive. BS, check your warranty info. Also check with where you bought it from to see if they can help you out. Otherwise, you may be SOL. And Darth's right. Electronic gear of any kind isn't really meant to withstand consistent abuse without failing at some point.

jag

Darthphere said:
Im not saying treat it like glass, but you cant expect for your dumbass to drop it 20 times and then when it finally breaks make Apple pay for your clumsiness.

I dropped mine twice. Which is the average drop life span of any glass object that has slipped through my fingers.

Master Chief said:
I dropped mine twice. Which is the average drop life span of any glass object that has slipped through my fingers.

Sorry to say, it was plastic.:(

So what? :confused: When it comes to product durability the iPod sucks. I think my iPod is actually the only electronic device that has actually broken on me because of a drop.

Master Chief said:
So what? :confused: When it comes to product durability the iPod sucks. I think my iPod is actually the only electronic device that has actually broken on me because of a drop.

Did you give it mouth to mouth when it broke?

jag

Master Chief said:

Well then dont buy an iPod. Ive had mine for over a year and been careful enough not to drop it. Honestly, its ludicrous for you to drop something on the floor and have it break and expect the company to pay for it when it was your fault. If thats the case you need to purchase the guarantee at Best buy or something.

I've had my iPod for three years and never had a problem with it, despite dropping it a few times. Same thing for my wife's iPod Mini.

jag

jaguarr said:
I've had my iPod for three years and never had a problem with it, despite dropping it a few times. Same thing for my wife's iPod Mini.

jag

Yeah I dont know, it seems like common sense, if the item is smaller, you have to be more careful.:confused:

Darthphere said:
Well then dont buy an iPod. Ive had mine for over a year and been careful enough not to drop it. Honestly, its ludicrous for you to drop something on the floor and have it break and expect the company to pay for it when it was your fault. If thats the case you need to purchase the guarantee at Best buy or something.

Who isn't careful when handling expensive s**t? That's just ignorant of you to assume that I'm not careful with my stuff. :rolleyes: I had a warranty. The week it expired is when it broke. I woke up, saw the time, I was late for some appointment or something, so I was fumbling around with my keys and watch and wallet and iPod trying to pull on my pants and throw on my jacket and of all the things to fall the iPod did. It survived a pavement plummet at the bus stop a few weeks before but not a hardwood floor. That sucks.

Master Chief said:
Who isn't careful when handling expensive s**t? That's just ignorant of you to assume that I'm not careful with my stuff. :rolleyes: I had a warranty. The week it expired is when it broke. I woke up, saw the time, I was late for some appointment or something, so I was fumbling around with my keys and watch and wallet and iPod trying to pull on my pants and throw on my jacket and of all the things to fall the iPod did. It survived a pavement plummet at the bus stop a few weeks before but not a hardwood floor. That sucks.

It happens, im not saying youre not careful, but you should expect Apple to pay for every broken iPod, and in your case you even say it took a hard fall on pavement. It usually isnt the hard fall but the really small one after that causes something to break. Its the nature of this universe.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"