My Morning Adventure...

redmarvel

Red, White and Buxom
Reaction score
The Jabberwock and I had a little excitement this morning after Hubby left. As we were walking back into the house I saw something small and brown flash by my legs headed toward the front room. I said "That was too fast to be a leaf, what was that?"

The Jabberwock and I go into the front room and looking at us from on top of the lamp shade on the shelf is a little grey and yellow finch. Well, I move into the room thinking "now what can I do to get the little fellow out of the house", while The Jabberwock starts pointing and yelling "Bee, Bee". The finch gets startled and flies toward the kitchen. The Jabberwock and I follow him to the kitchen where I see the poor thing struggling around the curtains trying to get out the window. I put The Jabberwock into his high chair to calls of "Bee Bee". I explain what I'm doing, telling him the bird can not stay in the house it belongs outside. I open the sliding door and the screen and then get my gardening gloves (in case the bird is tangled in the curtains) and move towards the kitchen sink. Well, the finch was having none of that, flies right past me, right past the open door, and into the Den. Ok, so this wasn't going to work, there was no way I would be able to get this bird out of the house on my own. I closed the screen door and sliding door. Then I phoned Hubby's folks and told his dad to come as soon as possible, I had a bird in the house. Then I went to the bathroom, took The Jabberwock upstairs and changed his diaper (he was still calling for the Bee which he knew was still in the house). I made sure the finch hadn't found his way into our bedroom and locked it up. Then I checked my office, The Jabberwock got a little distracted and wanted to hear my little music man play, so we did that, then I locked up my office. Then I made sure the door to his room and Hubby's were both locked and closed the bathroom door as well. (Just in case the bird flies upstairs it won't have anywhere to go). Then we went back downstairs. I checked the front room, no bird. I checked the kitchen, no bird. I checked the washroom, no bird, close the door. Go into the den... I know the bird has to be in the den... I look up, I look around, no bird, then I look down, on the bottom shelf of the T.V. cabinet this little fellow looks back at me. OK, so I know where it is... so does The Jabberwock, and he wants down and he wants that Bird... I keep telling him we can't scare the little fellow or he'll fly away again. Hubby's dad arrives at that point and I have him come into the den and hang onto The Jabberwock. I open the sliding door in the den very slowly and carefully so as not to startle the bird. Then I rejoin Hubby's dad and The Jabberwock on the other side of the room and we slowly cross the room toward the bird. It takes off and... lands on the door frame of the sliding door, near the ground. This poor little thing is sooo tired out and perhaps a little stunned from running into walls and windows trying to avoid us that it just hangs there as I get closer and closer. I am actually able to touch it's little legs - planning on lifting it out of the door if necessary, when it takes off through the open door and flies away.

How was your morning?

I loved reading this and I am so glad you saved him. My morning is quieter, thank goodness.

redmarvel said:
The Jabberwock and I had a little excitement this morning after Hubby left. As we were walking back into the house I saw something small and brown flash by my legs headed toward the front room. I said "That was too fast to be a leaf, what was that?"

The Jabberwock and I go into the front room and looking at us from on top of the lamp shade on the shelf is a little grey and yellow finch. Well, I move into the room thinking "now what can I do to get the little fellow out of the house", while The Jabberwock starts pointing and yelling "Bee, Bee". The finch gets startled and flies toward the kitchen. The Jabberwock and I follow him to the kitchen where I see the poor thing struggling around the curtains trying to get out the window. I put The Jabberwock into his high chair to calls of "Bee Bee". I explain what I'm doing, telling him the bird can not stay in the house it belongs outside. I open the sliding door and the screen and then get my gardening gloves (in case the bird is tangled in the curtains) and move towards the kitchen sink. Well, the finch was having none of that, flies right past me, right past the open door, and into the Den. Ok, so this wasn't going to work, there was no way I would be able to get this bird out of the house on my own. I closed the screen door and sliding door. Then I phoned Hubby's folks and told his dad to come as soon as possible, I had a bird in the house. Then I went to the bathroom, took The Jabberwock upstairs and changed his diaper (he was still calling for the Bee which he knew was still in the house). I made sure the finch hadn't found his way into our bedroom and locked it up. Then I checked my office, The Jabberwock got a little distracted and wanted to hear my little music man play, so we did that, then I locked up my office. Then I made sure the door to his room and Hubby's were both locked and closed the bathroom door as well. (Just in case the bird flies upstairs it won't have anywhere to go). Then we went back downstairs. I checked the front room, no bird. I checked the kitchen, no bird. I checked the washroom, no bird, close the door. Go into the den... I know the bird has to be in the den... I look up, I look around, no bird, then I look down, on the bottom shelf of the T.V. cabinet this little fellow looks back at me. OK, so I know where it is... so does The Jabberwock, and he wants down and he wants that Bird... I keep telling him we can't scare the little fellow or he'll fly away again. Hubby's dad arrives at that point and I have him come into the den and hang onto The Jabberwock. I open the sliding door in the den very slowly and carefully so as not to startle the bird. Then I rejoin Hubby's dad and The Jabberwock on the other side of the room and we slowly cross the room toward the bird. It takes off and... lands on the door frame of the sliding door, near the ground. This poor little thing is sooo tired out and perhaps a little stunned from running into walls and windows trying to avoid us that it just hangs there as I get closer and closer. I am actually able to touch it's little legs - planning on lifting it out of the door if necessary, when it takes off through the open door and flies away.

How was your morning?

DO YOU EVER REFER TO YOUR "JABBERWOCK" AS YOUR "SON"? :huh: YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE HIM A COMPLEX. :csad:

:p

THWIP* said:
DO YOU EVER REFER TO YOUR "JABBERWOCK" AS YOUR "SON"? :huh: YOU'RE GOING TO GIVE HIM A COMPLEX. :csad:

:p

Actually he has quite the number of nicknames:

My little prince
My little man
Munchkin
Imp
Little mischief
Baby
My little boy
Young Man
Little Monkey
Darling
Love

but most often he gets referred to by his name, we want him to learn how to say it... the funny thing is he is beginning to refer to himself in the third person

Ronny Shade said:
lol Jabberwock.

Trust me, it's well earned... he definitly has "Jaws that bite" and "Claws that scratch"... we are working very hard to get him to stop using them... at which point it will be time for a name change.

Wait you named your kid jabberwock?

Actually his real names are "Ryan Logan", the first because we wanted a name all his own, the second because Logan is a great SF/Fantasy name (Logan's Run, Logan from Dark Angel and of course Wolverine).

redmarvel said:
but most often he gets referred to by his name, we want him to learn how to say it... the funny thing is he is beginning to refer to himself in the third person

Maybe you should have named him Doom.

God forbid he should ever go to school with a kid named Richards. No good will come of that.

I think he'll end up going to school with kids with last names like "Lee"

"That accursed Lee shall fall before the might of...THE JABBERWOCK!"

redmarvel said:
Actually his real names are "Ryan Logan", the first because we wanted a name all his own, the second because Logan is a great SF/Fantasy name (Logan's Run, Logan from Dark Angel and of course Wolverine).
Don't forget Logan Huntzberger
53359.jpg

...wait. nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back