My House is Officially Haunted

This thread scares the **** outta me.:o

Well I used to work produce at a grocery store and one day while i was putting up one thing and my co-worker/friend was on the other side putting something else up and we were laughing and joking around and i see this old guy looking at me from the other side of another produce table. I thought he looked familiar but i didn't know who he was. I thought maybe we were too loud. I told my co-worker and he toned it down and never looked at the guy. when i was finished with my side i took the boxes to the back and he was standing there smiling close to where the doors to the back room were, no cart or anything in his hands. I nodded a hello as i walked by.

When I went to the back room i froze and remembered where i've seen his face. Above my fireplace we have family photos. There is one face shot of my Grandfather who died before I was born. it's the only picture i have seen of him and it was taken when he was in his 40's or whatever. I turned around and went to go look for him to make sure i wasn't crazy. searched the whole store, and asked my co-worker to help me but he never saw the guy. Looked everywhere and the front doors/parking lot and never saw him.

I kept it a secret for a few years but one day I was at my aunt's house and she was telling me about him, and that he would be proud of me and that he always wanted a grandson before he died (I was the first, he had 7 kids) and as soon as I heard that i told her the story and she had tears and said that was him. he wanted to see you. When i went home and told my mom and dad they both had tears running down their eyes and they both said he always wanted to see grand kids before he died.

Are you trying to tell us you see dead people? :)

It's funny, because I enjoy reading paranormal stories and unexplained mysteries, but when seemingly paranormal stuff actually happens to me or the people I know I become quite sceptical.

My dad is the caretaker of a very old school in my city (it was founded by King henry VIII) and the current building has been standing since Victorian times. There is one part of the building that is supposedly haunted. My dad has a "ghosts aren't real" stance, so it doesn't bother him.

During the summer I work there with my dad. One year the 'haunted' area was being renovated, so my dad and I had to clear out the store cupboard. We were the only people in that area of the building.

Suddenly, we hear a door in a nearby corridor SLAM shut for absolutely no reason. My dad looks at me like :eek:, but I just think "it must be the wind, it's an old building". Still scared the hell out of me though.

JAK®;19828849 said:
It's funny, because I enjoy reading paranormal stories and unexplained mysteries, but when seemingly paranormal stuff actually happens to me or the people I know I become quite sceptical.

My dad is the caretaker of a very old school in my city (it was founded by King henry VIII) and the current building has been standing since Victorian times. There is one part of the building that is supposedly haunted. My dad has a "ghosts aren't real" stance, so it doesn't bother him.

During the summer I work there with my dad. One year the 'haunted' area was being renovated, so my dad and I had to clear out the store cupboard. We were the only people in that area of the building.

Suddenly, we hear a door in a nearby corridor SLAM shut for absolutely no reason. My dad looks at me like :eek:, but I just think "it must be the wind, it's an old building". Still scared the hell out of me though.

I'm the same way. I love reading about and watching stuff on the paranormal, but when it comes down to it, I am a total skeptic. Even when I've had strange things happen to me, things for which no logical explanation can be given, I still try and hold off on labeling it as something of paranormal origin. Still doesn't mean I can't enjoy the heebeejeebees that comes along with such topics, though.

My dad is similar. He's a pretty religious guy, but he loves loves loves loves loves anything to do with UFOs and aliens. If there's a documentary on, you can bet your last nickle that he's watching it and knows all about the latest "sightings". He doesn't believe in UFO's and the like, but still greatly enjoys the topic.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying and being intrigued by the unknown and unexplainable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"