My Cat killed a bird

dpm07

Hiking Hero
Reaction score
Yesterday, my cat was outside (he's an inside/outside cat), and I went out looking for him in the yard. My cat can be identified as being a long-haired cat (regular face not Persian), and he is colored - black.

Anyway, I came upon him, and he was staring at this bird in a tree. I just watched, and he hypnotized the bird! :eek:

The bird fell out of the tree, and my then after a brief struggle, my cat dragged it over to a large pine tree in the yard. I watched him from the house, and he very lovingly and tenderly took his time with the prey. After a while I noticed he had left the tree, and upon going out there, I saw some feathers in the area. Perhaps 20 minutes later, my cat came inside and went straight to his food and water bowl, and drank some serious water. He jumped on the couch, and started licking himself. Then he stretched out and went to sleep like nothing had happened.

The whole event was rather disturbingly beautiful to watch him in action.

My cat's managed to kill so many birds and rats.
I remember holding this dying bird and trying to revive it somehow, eventually
i just but it in a shoe box with a piece of cloth..and watched it gasp it's last breaths:(

And then this other time i managed to save one but my cat wounded the wing a bit so i nursed the thing back to health..kind of..well i could tell it was better when it started to fly up in the air and crash into the walls and poop everywhere.

My cat is ******ed, she can't kill anything properly so I end up having to finish them off to end their suffering or releasing them away from my cat if they are strong enough.

I've never heard of a cat hypnotizing a bird though, it just fell out of the tree?

Noon said:
My cat is ******ed, she can't kill anything properly so I end up having to finish them off to end their suffering or releasing them away from my cat if they are strong enough.

I've never heard of a cat hypnotizing a bird though, it just fell out of the tree?
domisticated cats usually don't kill their prey because they have food already, they usually just hunt them and smack them around as a means of play.

Poor little bird, he never stood a chance...

Hades said:
domisticated cats usually don't kill their prey because they have food already, they usually just hunt them and smack them around as a means of play.

I used to have this massive cat that would eat mice anaconda style, head first then just chomp them down in a one-er. I think he got more joy from hokking up the bones and bits of fur onto the carpet than from any play :(

Noon said:
I used to have this massive cat that would eat mice anaconda style, head first then just chomp them down in a one-er. I think he got more joy from hokking up the bones and bits of fur onto the carpet than from any play :(
Ack, that's disguisting. I don't think I could own a cat that does that...
it just bother's me to no end to see something...killed like that. In fact it bother's me to see anything killed. I mean, i know it's natural and it happends all the time but i just can't stand it..Maybe it's from all the years of owning hamsters.

My little YumYum can kick the crap out of those little plastic seals from a gallon of milk.

Yup...buried QUITE a few of those in my day.

Cats are so cool. I really appreciate the fact that cats are self-sufficient. They can survive as illustrated by my cat defeating a bird with what could be perceived as supernatural hypnotic skills, and then delivering the coup-de-grace with his claws and teeth. As I stated, the whole thing was disturbingingly beautiful to watch him perform and knowing that he was doing what he was bred to do.

I just brought him in about 15 minutes ago. He was outside looking for stuff. He is really good about keeping the squirrels away, too. I can also appreciate the feline species for their well-groomed hygienic habits.

They're not that hygenic.
My cat likes to drink out of dirty toilet water
tries to whenever it can. After it finishes it's food
it runs to the bathroom for a big cold glass of piss and **** swirly

This thread is hilarious... Man... I've always wanted to see a real Dog Vs. Cat fight :(

My cat has killed one bird to my knowledge but he has a wierd thing about birds. In the warmer seasons he'll be outside and the birds will divebomb him and peck him and he doesn't do anything about. He doesn't even really run away. He just lets them do it, doesn't swat at them or anything. Lizards seem to be his prefered prey.

KingOfDreams said:
My cat has killed one bird to my knowledge but he has a wierd thing about birds. In the warmer seasons he'll be outside and the birds will divebomb him and peck him and he doesn't do anything about. He doesn't even really run away. He just lets them do it, doesn't swat at them or anything. Lizards seem to be his prefered prey.
my cat by the name of "Wey"(that is the mexican term fro Dude) used to love killing lizards. I remember him seeing one lizard running about and he went and killed it, bit it and played with it. The lizard played possum, but then ran away and my cat bit it more. He seemed so happy purry while he munched the lizard and in the end just tried to move it with his little paws, expecting it to move and have more fun.

Cats make killing so freakishly beautiful

I hate cats...I just hate those damn things :mad::(

8401437l7vl.gif

"Come into my parlor" said the kitty to the bird.:confused:

I think I found my home :)

kill all the birds you can find hehehe :D

sniperkitten3di.jpg

I witnessed my cat grab a bird, then the bird got free, and instead of flying vertically, it flew horizontally, and the cat easily caught up with it. Stupid bird.

Hades said:
My cat's managed to kill so many birds and rats.
I remember holding this dying bird and trying to revive it somehow, eventually
i just but it in a shoe box with a piece of cloth..and watched it gasp it's last breaths:(
Weird how everyone's always got a shoe box handy when a small animal dies.

I haven't had a shoe box handy for years ('cause I always throw away my old ones and wear the new ones out). But I also haven't seen a dying/dead small animal in as many years.

However the last time I saw a dying/dead small animal, we had a shoe box and put it in.

:confused:

Wow. Cats never kill birds.... what a rare event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"