My House is Officially Haunted

I feel your pain. When I was 15 I moved into a house with my family. We found a skeleton key in a drawer about a month after we moved in. It went to nothing in the house that we could find so mom and dad were going to chuck it. Well, I always had a thing for skeleton keys so I decided to keep it. Thats when the freaky **** started. Started seeing shadows, woke up one night and a man, woman, and two children who were about 5 or 6 were standing in my bedroom doorway just staring at me. My father never believed me and mom were seeing this stuff until one time my fathers computer wouldn't come on. It was plugged up and had been working fine previously that day. Dad started getting aggravated with the thing, and he swears that it sounded like a little girl laughed and then the thing cut on. Mom saw a black shadow glide down our hall and crawl up the far wall into the ceiling. My oldest dog filpped his **** over that. Then one day I was setting on the end of the couch and perpendicular to that is the love seat. Well, my dog was at the end of the love seat closest to me, and I looked at him and when I did beside him I saw what looked like a shadow but it had a light about it. It was brief, and I only saw a small bit of it, but what I saw was ****ed up. It was the mouth of what looked like a jackel, and it was snapping its jawls shut violently like it was trying to attack. My dog jerked his head sideways and stared right at the spot where I saw it.

I did the same thing th OP did, and told the thing or things that was in my house that this was my house now, and it could leave us alone or get out. Everything calmed down after that. Now, back to the key. I put the key up, and touched it as little as possible. I have messed with it a few times since, and everytime I mess with tthat key weird stuff starts happening in the house again. Something is anchored to that key, but I just can't bring myself to chuck it.

**** me. :wow: :awesome:

Lol not even the half of it. Out of all the freaky stuff that has happened in the house I think the worst is the feeling of being in the place. When there is a lot of strange activity in the house its like having a presence all around you. You can feel the energy. Its almost a smothering feeling. The house was built in 88 and we know the people who owned it before us and they weren't doing any weird stuff that we know of. As far as what has been done on the land I have never really researched it. One part of the basement is completely under the ground level, and there is a concentration in that part of the house. And considering I live near an area that is known for its chistory of witchcraft andd hauntings I honestly wouldn't be suprised if sacrifices were happening on the land in the 1600 and 1700s. And I'm sorry if I came across snappy when you asked me to share my experiences. I was own another forum at the time going head to head with some crazy people lol.

Many years ago, I was alone at my uncle's house watching the TV. The door to his master bedroom opened. I was curious and went to his room to investigate. Looked around and saw that nobody was in there, the windows were closed, and the air conditioner was off. I was perplexed and went back to watching TV. Then the door closed all by itself. I got freaked out and left his house. I haven't been back there since.

I refuse to read some of these experiences until its light out, judge all you want :o

Lol not even the half of it. Out of all the freaky stuff that has happened in the house I think the worst is the feeling of being in the place. When there is a lot of strange activity in the house its like having a presence all around you. You can feel the energy. Its almost a smothering feeling. The house was built in 88 and we know the people who owned it before us and they weren't doing any weird stuff that we know of. As far as what has been done on the land I have never really researched it. One part of the basement is completely under the ground level, and there is a concentration in that part of the house. And considering I live near an area that is known for its chistory of witchcraft andd hauntings I honestly wouldn't be suprised if sacrifices were happening on the land in the 1600 and 1700s. And I'm sorry if I came across snappy when you asked me to share my experiences. I was own another forum at the time going head to head with some crazy people lol.

i've had those feelings before in old buildings but never saw anything. I always was interested in that type of stuff. my mom and uncle and cousins have all seen things but they all associate it with the Virgin Mary or Angels since they always see something after they pray for something big and after seeing it it comes true or someones sickness goes completely away. They are very devout Catholics.

I may have seen something once but i dunno. Maybe i'll type out the story in the A.M.

i've had those feelings before in old buildings but never saw anything. I always was interested in that type of stuff. my mom and uncle and cousins have all seen things but they all associate it with the Virgin Mary or Angels since they always see something after they pray for something big and after seeing it it comes true or someones sickness goes completely away. They are very devout Catholics.

I may have seen something once but i dunno. Maybe i'll type out the story in the A.M.

I would be interested in reading the story when you get a chance.

Yea as far as I can remember I've never encountered a Ghost at my house but I got those feelings...but my mom said Ghosts have been in our huse and have ****ed with my step dad when he was sleeping.... but one thing did happen with me....The night my uncle died(no one knew he was dead yet) I Apparently encountered my Uncles Ghost(I was very close with my uncle).She was Getting ready in the batchroom for Friday night church service I was in my walker in the living room.She said she heard me in the living room talkin then the door shut...she ran into the living room and asked me who I was talking to I told her my uncle Ed,and at that time my family was looking for him they didn't know where he was.She asked me where he went I told her what we talked about,He told me that's he loved me very much gave me a kiss then said he will miss me and lefto out the front door,she then ran out and looked down the street and there was no one.This whole time my mom didn't realize I was now sitting on the couch.I vaguely remember it but not enough,I wish I did because I don't have a single ememory of him anymore beyond pictures.

Last edited:
I would be interested in reading the story when you get a chance.

Well I used to work produce at a grocery store and one day while i was putting up one thing and my co-worker/friend was on the other side putting something else up and we were laughing and joking around and i see this old guy looking at me from the other side of another produce table. I thought he looked familiar but i didn't know who he was. I thought maybe we were too loud. I told my co-worker and he toned it down and never looked at the guy. when i was finished with my side i took the boxes to the back and he was standing there smiling close to where the doors to the back room were, no cart or anything in his hands. I nodded a hello as i walked by.

When I went to the back room i froze and remembered where i've seen his face. Above my fireplace we have family photos. There is one face shot of my Grandfather who died before I was born. it's the only picture i have seen of him and it was taken when he was in his 40's or whatever. I turned around and went to go look for him to make sure i wasn't crazy. searched the whole store, and asked my co-worker to help me but he never saw the guy. Looked everywhere and the front doors/parking lot and never saw him.

I kept it a secret for a few years but one day I was at my aunt's house and she was telling me about him, and that he would be proud of me and that he always wanted a grandson before he died (I was the first, he had 7 kids) and as soon as I heard that i told her the story and she had tears and said that was him. he wanted to see you. When i went home and told my mom and dad they both had tears running down their eyes and they both said he always wanted to see grand kids before he died.

I have a couple stories. When I used to live in Nebraska, my friend lived in a house and every time we would be over there, the stereos would randomly turned on and off, lights would go off, stuff like that. My friend asked me to moved in with him and I was like, "****. No." The paranormal is the closest thing to a phobia I have. But I was 21 and lived with my parents so I convinced myself it was just faulty wiring or something. The first night I moved in, my roommate was staying the night at his girlfriend's house, so I was at the house my by myself with all the doors/windows locked. In the back of the house (the oldest part of the house), there was a little door on the floor that went down to basically just a hole in the ground where the water heater and stuff was. As I was laying in bed, I heard that door creek open, slam shut, somebody walk by right outside my bedroom door, walk back and the door open and shut again. I was too scared to move. A while later, in the middle of the afternoon, I was sitting on our computer right next to the front door with my roommates puppy (who hasn't made a single sound other than puppy wimpering up to that point) when the puppy stood up, looked towards the back of the house (where that door was), crouch down, all the hair on his back stood up and he just started growling. I jumped threw a leash on him and said, "Welp, we're going for a walk, Capone."

Now I live in Santa Fe which, considering it's 400 years old and has a rich history (Spanish conquering/murdering the Indians, Japanese internment camps, etc.), is a very very haunted town. What the hippies will do for spirits is take a bundle of sage, light it on fire and and spread the smoke around the house. So you can try that, see if it works.

Oh. I know what actual sage is. lol I just read "hippies" and "take a bundle of sage, and light it on fire".

I'm not British, I'm Irish...So, alcohol for breakfast?

Back to the SPOOOOOOOOKY topic at hand, nothing has happened today. Yet.

wait Grundy is aesop? or whatever your name was

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"