Far From Home Mysterio: The Truth?

metaphysician

Not a Side-Kick
Reaction score
So, the trailers show a Mysterio who is a superhero. Obviously, we all know how the comics contradict that. So. . . what do you think is the real scenario? What deeper truth is Mysterio hiding. . . or is the real magic trick that he is really a hero and no one believes it?

This is exactly what I'm most looking forward to, too. His motivations. They did Vulture so well. Taking a bit of the spirit of the comics of Toomes getting betrayed by his business partner -- but instead making him feel swept by the big man -- Stark.

I'm willing to bet his obsession with theatrics comes into play somehow. Maybe tied in with his desire for heroics -- they'll probably use how the MCU has been the past the 11 years? And how heroes have been established, etc. I'll put money on that.

No I didnt like the Vulture father of Liz Allen, turning her into Liz Toomes what a joke

I've voted something else, simply because if Mysterio turns out to be a genuine good guy (or at least, not a bad guy) this'll be the second villain character within the MCU that's actually not remotely portraying their comic book counterpart (the other being Ghost in Ant Man 2).

I wouldn't think Marvel would want to turn all their bad guys good; they're already border-lining that with Mystique (X-Men) and Nebula.

I voted option 4, but somewhere between 4 and 5. I think he wants to be perceived as a hero rather than wants to be a hero. But I don't necessarily think he has grander plans than that. The reason I voted 4 is because I'm not sure wanting to be loved as a hero is necessarily a villainous plan, but I also don't think he wants to be altruistic either.

That was a great twist. I don't understand why you want no surprises in the movies

Neither do I. Is the nature of Liz Allen's parents dramatically important in the comics? Is the nature of Eugene Toombs' family dramatically important in the comics? In both cases, that's a pretty solid "No, not really".

That being said, I don't like that people are calling her Liz Toomes. I refuse to accept that.

That being said, I don't like that people are calling her Liz Toomes. I refuse to accept that.

Mom will remarry (Mom was played by one of the great 90's African-American hotties so... She won't be lonely for long) and new dad will adopt Liz and she'll take his last name, which is Allen. :cwink:

Could it also have been that Adrian Toomes adopted Liz when she was a child and she kept her original surname?

Not all couples have their kids take their father's last name. Some parent's have the kid's take their mothers last name. So it could easily be that.

Like with Miles Morales and his parents for example. He has his mother’s last name.

I think Mysterio has a malicious endgame which may or may not involve banishing Spider-Man to a place far from home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"