Mythical Creature threads merged

I'd love it if Nessie wasn't big. Like if they were tiny plesiosaurs, only about three feet long at most. That'd explain why they haven't been found yet.

The Question said:
You serious? Because, some of the pictures I've seen definately don't look like an elephant. It may be BS, but I think something's there.
The elephant is mostly underwater. It's trunk which resembles the head is out getting air, part of the upper body comes out of the water. Something like that. I wish I had kept that article, you would see what I mean.

It's possible that it could also be a dinosaur that isn't extinct. It's been said that there are many caverns or something down there that have yet to be explored.

But the elephant is the most likely, at least I believe.

Dorian Gray said:
I remember these aliens had me up on their ship, right? They was probing me and all that. Now this alien had a big head and big black eyes, and it was all bent over me. I said, "What do you want from me, alien?!" and do you know what he said?

"tree-fitty." And so I realized I that it wasn't no alien, it was that God-damned Loch Ness monster again, trying to trick me into giving him tree-fitty by dressing up like an alien. Don't that just beat all?!
*DIES LAUGHING

And to answer the question, all I can say at this point is that I am open to the idea, until I can independently confirm its (in)existence.

I like how Nessi lore makes it into so many things, like..Mario 64, of all things.

I was watching some show on National Geographic the other day, it was about the Loch Ness Monster. And the guy that hoaxed the whole story came out and confessed. He said that, that famous black and white picture of the image of Nessie was nothing more but a toy he made to trick some other guy who was his rival.

Everyone knows its just Mickey Rooney living down there:o

SuperFerret said:
I'd love it if Nessie wasn't big. Like if they were tiny plesiosaurs, only about three feet long at most. That'd explain why they haven't been found yet.

Credits-Prehyst.jpg

Immortalfire said:
Real. Nessie came over for dinner last week in fact. She's a cool gal. Bigfoot however, is a total jerk.

Hey shut up!!!!! Bigfoot's a nice guy.:mad:

So's Godzilla!:up:

Karem-Knight said:
Hey shut up!!!!! Bigfoot's a nice guy.:mad:

So's Godzilla!:up:

Godzilla's a good-for-nothin floosie!!

D.Rex said:
What do you think. Is it something real that is worth discovering or just a large hoax and people imagining things. Feel free to talk about other monsters and unexplained creatures.

Mods if there is already a thread on this please feel free to toss it out.

There should be a third option, it being "I don't know", because that's the right answer. No ones knows for certain either way.

when I was in Scotland and went to Loch Ness... I'll tell ya, the boat tour guy sure convinced a lot of us that Nessie's real. He said he's had 16 sightings in his life. He said there was 18 of them in Loch Ness, 300 worldwide including "Champ" in Lake Champlain. He told us what they eat, where they reside, showed us radar of them, etc. Made a believer out of all of us.

Ok I say no and I'll tell you why. Firstly just to clear things up about the size of loch ness

Size:
It is 23 miles long and about 1 mile wide; it is 786 feet at its deepest point; it is the deepest and one of the largest bodies of fresh water in Britain

secondly as been said several scientific survays have led to nothing (although that in it's self isn't proof that there isn't anything). The main reason I don't belive there is anything there is that for there to be such a creature (especially if it's a prehistoric creature like a plesiosaur) then there cant just be one (unless its the last of it's species) there has to be or at least has to have been up untill this recently a good number of them just so that they can breed and keep the species alive up untill this century (i dont think one creature could live for 65 million years if it can I want to know his doctor!) you cant have just one of an animal living for very long as once it dies its species would be extinct, so at some point the loch would have to be full of the blighters!!

with the tour guides to be honest its how they make there living if they said, yeah don't really think theres anything there they wouldn't get much bussiness...

having said all that I did find this pic but its not from the loch.

plesiosaur.jpg
:eek: (guess it could be photoshoped....im such a sceptic its not true!!)

I believe there is a firm possibility that Nessie does exist. However, I'm more inclined to believe in Bigfoot than a large sea serpent. But it could very well exist and has managed to avoid detection for years.

Zombie_hunter said:
plesiosaur.jpg
:eek: (guess it could be photoshoped....im such a sceptic its not true!!)
:eek:

That looks pretty real to me

D.Rex said:
A pretty simple one question of your own opinion no reason for a thumbs down. I don't see any reason to doubt that there is something there. Same thing with Champ in Lake Champlain or bigfoot, or the mokele mbembe in Africa. Most likely there is something there worth discovering. Whether or not it's a plesiosaur is up for debate but there has to be something that so many people saw. Some sightings can be attributed to lying or misinterpratation. But not all, there are far too many sightings for that.

What about the complete lack of any physical evidence EVER?

I used the search engine three times to see if I could find a Bigfoot thread, and the results indicate that the thread isn't around, so I guess my question is do you believe in Bigfoot?

There was a thread that I made a while back, although I'm not sure what happened to it since it didn't turn up in the search section.

Ever since I became interested in this mysterious creature, I always wondered when or if we'll ever find proof that its real. Granted, I understand that some videos are obvious hoaxs, some stories are flat out lies, and there isn't a body or any physical evidence to prove they're real.

However, it's in my opinion that they're out there and that maybe some skeptics need to help out in trying to find the truth. I recently joined a Bigfoot team(local small town team) and we search the wooded areas out here in South Carolina. There have been reports of apparent sightings in certain areas, whether or not they're credible is complete conjecture on my part, though its in my honest opinion that they sound like sane normal people.

What does everyone on the Hype think? Skeptics are welcome to join the fray obviously. Please, no personal attacks or any spamming, I really would like to know what everyone thinks about Sasquatch.

Oh, and if anyone does in fact find the old thread for Bigfoot, then feel free to merge this post with that thread and close this.

post-10-1100826978.gif

The famous Patterson film frame.

Vote: Yes

Although Plesiosaurus is quite big, Loch Nes lake is bigger and it is quite possible that a prehistoric reptile survived and reproduced for ages. The reason we didn't find proof I think would be that Plesiosaurus might avoid us by instinct and is not curious enough to pop it's head out of the water more often.

Mothman, nah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"