Mythical Creature threads merged

You may say that about the dragons, but if so I wonder why modern translations have changed "satyr" to "wild goat".

Also, no way on Earth were the giants a symbol. It's the "historical account" of how David slew a 10 foot tall man. Unless you believe David himself was a symbol.*shrug* Most Christians do not.

I'm not going to copy/paste several books of the bible here, but you should read all of those in context. Seems pretty clear to me that they're not symbolic.

The human-faced locust are going to torment men for 5 months. Are the giant hailstones and the plagues and the famine and the new order under which no one can buy or sell short of worshipping the Antichrist also symbolic?
Of course not. God said he'd kill the first born of Egypt and send frogs, etc. and he parted the Red Sea and Christians believe that stuff really happened.

I know because they found a rusted old chariot at the bottom of the Red Sea and Christians were very excited that it was proof of the parting.

Well, he also said he'd send human-faced locusts with horse-bodies.:confused:

The cud-chewing bunnies are not symbolic. That comes from a long list of which animals are approved by god to be eaten

Also, in that dragon and unicorn stuff, it also mentions owls and bulls in the same breath. I wonder what the bulls and owls represent if not....bulls and owls.:o

Well....To quote my teachers, friends and everyone else who has ever been prooven wrong:

Well, you know what Wilhelm-Scream? Well.....sh-shutup!

I love Wilhelm just because of the wealth of knowledge he holds. :( If I could find him, kill him, eat his brains, I'd be a made man

Just because you've never seen something, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

I like to belive in the existence of these creatures simply becuase it makes the world a more interesting and magical place, but I have never seen any evidence so I can't rightfully say that they definitely exist.

My thought is that a lot of these myths may have started with strabge looking animals that have long become extinct but which have survived and chnaged through stories and myths.

E.g. the Gryphon...part lion, part eagle...yeah right! but perhaps there was once a mammal that had four legs and wings (probably the size of a mouse - small domestic cat) quite a few years ago that gave rise to the myth of the Gryphon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"