Namor the Sub-Mariner

Luke Goss is the guy for Namor:

luke-goss-1.jpg

Agree.

Maybe if Namor was bitten by a radioactive flounder. Seriously, which way is this guy looking?

I nominate Dwayne Johnson. He's got the physique, acting prowess and star power to bring real gravity to the character. In terms of the storyline (if it was done in an FF film) he totally would give a dorky Reed Richards a run for his money in Susan's mind.

dwayne-johnson-16th-annual-nickelodeon-kids-choice-awards-0pDHBn.jpg

And besides...his ears are already pointed. LOL

dwayne-johnson-022408.jpg

I nominate Dwayne Johnson. He's got the physique, acting prowess and star power to bring real gravity to the character. In terms of the storyline (if it was done in an FF film) he totally would give a dorky Reed Richards a run for his money in Susan's mind.

He kind of looks like one of those aliens from Close Encounters.

Luke Goss is the guy for Namor:

luke-goss-1.jpg

Played Nomak in Blade 2, and the prince in Hellboy 2.

I agree that he has the acting chops and the face...but his physique would need seeeerrrious work to make a convincing Namor. The man looks like a collection of walking sticks. :whatever:

dwayne eh.... i think he'd kill the movie acting wise personally

I agree that he has the acting chops and the face...but his physique would need seeeerrrious work to make a convincing Namor. The man looks like a collection of walking sticks. :whatever:

Walking Sticks??? We aren't talking about Abraham Sapien here.

I just finished reading it and feels like an old science fiction movie. It's got a great cinematic feel to it and I think it would be an original and plausible way to bring Namor to the big screen.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

From Comic Book Database

Atlantis. Throughout the ages, a few men have wondered if this fabulous place actually exists. Fewer have imagined that the city is protected by a wild and vengeful being, the very embodiment of the untameable depths themselves -- the Sub-Mariner. When a deep sea expedition mysteriously vanishes without a trace near the Marianes trench, legendary adventurer, Randolph Stein embarks on a journey that will rock him -- and his crew -- to their very core. Travelling deep into the dark belly of the sea, the men of the good ship, Voyager, are about to see things that defy description, that supersede their wildest imagination -- things that men aren't meant to see. Staring into the abyss, Stein will soon discover that the abyss can indeed stare right back at him.

It wouldn't make a good Namor movie because Namor is only in the entire series for a total of 10 panels. but he is on all the covers.

Last edited:
Yes, i do. It would need a little added but would make for a greta film IMO.

No, you can't make a Namor film almost without Namor.

So, is there any news on a Namor movie? I've read Jonathan Mostow was attached to the film, and I've also seen David Boreanaz name linked to Namor. So does anyone know what is going on.

Namor happens to be one of my favorite Marvel characters, so I'd obviously like to see a film made.

The last time I heard anything about Namor was when like Spiderman first came out, and Marvel was greenlighting everything. Described it as "Star Wars underwater." The description alone got me excited. I didnt care if it was Namor, Aquaman, or original creations, it just seemed awesome.

And I really dislike Boreanaz as Namor option. I dont hate Bor, I love Bones and I think he is much better on that than he was on Angel and I would actually give him a shot as Green Lantern based on how much better he is in Bones, hes just not Namor, not even in the slightest.

Im a big fan of Luke Goss for the role (check my sig). He plays badass, ruthless fantasy types pretty damn well. Check him in Blade 2, Hellboy 2, and Charlie (especially Charlie). Oddly enough Goss was supposed to play Death in Crow Wicked Prayer but was replaced by Boreanaz.

Namor should show up in the Avengers and team up with the Hulk against the main team. (After freeing Cap from the ice, natch)

Does anyone know if Universal still has the rights to NAMOR? Maybe they could work a deal with Marvel like they did with HULK...

I really hope they make this movie. I also really hope they make it epic.

Dwayne has to play Wyatt Wingfoot, so I vote for Luke Goss for Namor. He looked pretty good in HB2 with his shirt off, so I think he has the build. You want Namor to look like a swimmer, not a weight lifter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"