Namor the Sub-Mariner

Namor is tricky...especially in the current movie Marvel universe. He can't have wings...and the regal speech won't really fit. It's going to be hard enough introducing a character that lives in the sea. Not to mention what he's going to wear. I suppose if Namor IS introduced...it would have to have something to do with The Avengers story.

- I believe Regal speech is more of an Aquaman thing. Namor is always seen as an outsider among the blue-skinned Atlanteans and a scrapper of a ruler. He has a loud voice to say his Imperius Rex but no need for a different type of speech pattern. Besides if Thor doesn't have the Shakespearean speak, Namor is not gonna be any different.
- Don't worry too much on the Speedo thing. Modern Namor is more identified with the black full body suit.

What about Daniel Craig? Just dye his hair black. James Bond's franchise is on an indefinite hiatus. He needs the work.

How I'd like to see the logo(as a movie 1680 wallpaper):

NamorWallpaper02-1680byEditNinja.jpg

As the Mod suggested, I like The Rock for Namor: The Submariner. I imagine a movie like that would get the craptastic 3D treatment so made a 3D-ish title in this 1680 wallpaper:

NamorMovieRockWallpaper-3D-1680byEditNinja.jpg

Last edited:
You wouldn't happen to have gotten that image from THIS cool little find, would you?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/NamorMovie

Btw, is this legit by any chance?

LOL! That's hilarious!
I made it with Windows 7 Paint & EditStudio 5(my video editor) last night!

So It seems that (short-lived?) Facebook page lifted my pic from here, put it there, and now you're here asking me that! LMAO!
I wondered why my Photobucket a/c had spiked in bandwidth today!

No, I just added another one too - I stumbled on a method for 3Ding.

I don't have Photoshop so this is my new favourite site:

http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

Everything except the one of him in little shorts. It looks like an ad for mens cologne.

:)

That eye make-up makes me think of Freddie Mercury. Bad thoughts!

Why are you using Black Adam for Namor?

Last edited:
^ Between the choice of Black Adam and Namor role, I think the Rock would rather choose Namor. Black Adam is forever tied to Captain Marvel for the immediate future, Namor is his own entity.

That eye make-up makes me think of Freddie Mercury. Bad thoughts!

Why are you using Black Adam for Namor?

LOL! Don't worry, Freddie can't get you - unless you fall asleep, and he sings 'We will Rock you' ...ahh, nevermind. LOL!

Um, yeah, The Rock looks right for Black Adam and Namor.

^ Between the choice of Black Adam and Namor role, I think the Rock would rather choose Namor. Black Adam is forever tied to Captain Marvel for the immediate future, Namor is his own entity.

I'd be happy to see 'The Rock' star as both.

Everything except the one of him in little shorts. It looks like an ad for mens cologne.

:)

Agreed. Even my girlfriend thought I was looking at homo-erotica when I finished it! LOL!

But thanks, man!

Nothing against The Rock, but I still don't understand why people keep bringing him up for the role of Namor. I'm not saying that if he were to somehow get the role it would be "the mark of Cain", by any means, but still, there are far more inspired choices out there.

The roles of "Thor" and "Conan" were ultimately given to two actors(Chris Hemsworth and Jason Momoa) who are neither wrestlers or bodybuilders, but just very capable actors. I think it should be the same with Namor. There are plenty of capable actors out there who can embody the characteristical aspects of the character and acquire the physique. There's Henry Cavill, Gerard Butler, Luke Goss, and Rodrigo Santoro among others.

Again,not saying that I would be appalled if Rock would somehow get the part, but there are more potential choices, imo.

I also want to say that while a "Namor" film is being planned, it would be great if Marvel does an animated DTV project of the character.

Last edited:
I hope Marvel can re-secure the rights to Namor from Universal if this hasn't happened already.. I'm already disappointed that we may "never" see a sequence with the Invaders, considering that "the Human Torch" is linked to the Fantastic Four over at Fox (and yeah, we know Jim Hammond's totally different from Johnny Storm, but tell Fox execs..)

Id rather see Luke Goss than The Rock.

knives2.jpg

Hellboy2_05.jpg

1283966317R08.jpg

The top pic sells your point the best, but there's many actors who'd be a better fit than the Rock. When I trawled through several The Rock movies to make my fantrailer, I learnt this quite well. But that's the challenge - can he be convincing as Prince Namor? After making the trailer, I actually doubt it.
Anyway, Goss is a good pick too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"