Nor a
Ant-Man
Black Panther
Luke Cage
Iron-Fist
Venom
Silver Surfer

:huh:

Were these only empty promises to use as hype? I put the blame on Avi for exactly this... and rushing what has been made primarially by FOX basically ruining DD, FF, Electra, X-Man Last Stand, and W-Orgins.

Yes he was not directly involved in the later, but the mold was set by then.
Anyhow, any hope for the above movies?

I answers to you:

NAMOR:
Rights to Universal. Back in 2000-2003 Chris Columbus was attached on the project. He left, Jonathan Mostow is set to direct and rewrite the movie. After the "born" of Marvel Studios (with the Avi Arad's exit), "Namor" was go in "development hell". Some months ago, Mostow explain that he still want a Namor's movie but he don't know when he can do it.

ANT-MAN
Rights to Marvel Studios. It was planned for 2010 release, written by Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish. Edgar Wright direct it. The Wright's story is an action-comedy with Scott Lang as main character who found this armour and became the hero Ant-Man. In the movie there is also Hank Pym - i believe in the beginning - who claims is the original Ant-Man, before he abandon the "armour" to became some other hero (Yellow Jacket?). The script is already but Wright was set to direct "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World" before Ant-Man, so Marvel Studios make "TBD" the release date of Ant-Man. Months ago, Wright state that he'll direct "Ant-Man" after "Scott Pilgrim" will be completed.

BLACK PANTHER
Rights to Marvel Studios. Kevin Feige has expressed interest in develop a movie about the character after 2012. Jonathan Singleton was attached to the project.

IRON FIST
Rights to Marvel Studios. Back in 2002-2003 was planned by Lions Gate a feature film about the character with Ray Park as a star and Steve Carr as a director. The movie was planned to call only "Fist". After the "flop" of Tom Jane's Punisher and Man-Thing tv movie, Lions Gate cancelled Iron Fist And David Hayter's Black Widow's movie. Marvel Studio take the rights back in 2008-2009 and they expressed interest in making a movie in future about this character. It's unclear if Carr is still attached.

VENOM
Rights to Sony. The writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick was set in 2009 to write the movie. Gary Ross was rumored to became the director. The movie is about Venom, an anti-hero, who fights (ipotetically) Carnage. But the "Venom" end in "Spider-Man 3" movie stop the movie. After the "Spider-Man"'s reboot announce, the "Venom" movie is still planned and ipotetically in continuity with the new movies.

SILVER SURFER
Rights to Fox. Back in 2003-2004 J. Michael Straczynski was attached to project for write it. When Fox make "F4: Rise of Silver Surfer", Straczynski re-write again the movie to make it in continuity with the F4's movies. After the flop of the sequel, the spin-off was apparently cancelled. J. Michael Straczynski explained that he don't know if the movie will be make but not soon and, surely, not with his screenplay. After the F4's reboot announce, the destiny of Silver Surfer's movie is unknown at time.

I shudder every time I see John Singleton and Black Panther in the same sentence.

I answers to you:

NAMOR:
Rights to Universal. Back in 2000-2003 Chris Columbus was attached on the project. He left, Jonathan Mostow is set to direct and rewrite the movie. After the "born" of Marvel Studios (with the Avi Arad's exit), "Namor" was go in "development hell". Some months ago, Mostow explain that he still want a Namor's movie but he don't know when he can do it.

And the 2004 David Self script from Misher Films is missing? Wow. Amazing.

Why would Ant Man need his own movie?

Uhhh... because Good Things come in Small Packages?

How bout because it is a premess that could dare to be different, tying mother nature into a story.

Because, the concept was successful in Honey I Shrunk The Kids.

Because Henry Pym is interesting in his multiple guises?

Because it could be used to introduce Ultron (you do know him?)?

I think Ant Man would be a great way to show a different kind of super hero film. Something with more of an adventure feel.

I think Ant Man would be a great way to show a different kind of super hero film. Something with more of an adventure feel.
Wright's idea is a different kind of superhero film, but he described it as a crime film, not adventure.

True but he is rewriting the script. Besides even if Hank is a dog catcher at ant size how could that not be adventure? But no need to split hairs over what genere it falls under.

I would go no matter what... well, unless FOX ruined it!

Unless I am completely blind, I didn't see a thread on everyone's favorite Atlantean Prince, so I thought I would start one.

Personally, I would love to see a Namor movie (if done correctly). He has always been one of my top favorite Marvel characters and I would love to see him on the big screen someday.

Thoughts, comments and opinions on a (possible) Namor movie?

I don't know Kokomo. A Namor film could be a bit...

:word:

..fishy :awesome:

I don't know Kokomo. A Namor film could be a bit...

:word:

..fishy :awesome:

What do fish have anything to do with Nam...

...Ahahaha!!! I get it!!! :woot:

(I dunno, maybe 'cause it's late Silvermoth, but your comment had me laughing so hard!)

Cheers Kokomo, you wouldn't believe how badly I needed to hear that :grin:

Who owns Namor rights? I know Universal did, but then earlier I heard Joe Johnston talking about Namor in CA

Namor is with Disney/Marvel now.

Disney own studio needs to take over the movie venture from Marvel Studios and nab the Rock before doing Black Adam. The Rock have history with Disney movie and TV ventures and Marvel need the Rock to attract uninitiated movie audiences.

You guys are so gill-y. Sorry, I don't mean to turn this thread into a big laugh-fin. I'll scales down my jokes.

Seriously, I'd love a Namor movie. Especially an animated treatment.

As much as I was undecided on the casting, I would have love to have seen what Jason Statham could have done with the character when he was in talks to play the role.

^That would have been interesting. I'd be for Dwayne Johnson here, as I dont think Captain Marvel will get off the ground.

Jason Statham is more suited as Daredevil if he could do any NY accent so his kickass skill won't be wasted. Captain Britain, updated Union Jack, or Black Knight if he can't leave out his accent.

Namor is more of an athletic guy with no concern of martial arts, with a menacing brow and voice to say "Imperius Rex". That's why I say Dwayne Johnson. At least he has the brow. Another perfect actor with menacing brow and even hawkish head just like Namor is Jason Isaacs, but he's a bit old now.

The problem is I imagine Namor having a regal tone in his speech and don't know if DJ could do that. My choice for Namor has always been the guy who played the villain in Hellboy 2. Can't remember his name right now.

Luke Goss is the guy you're thinking of. He was also the main Reaver that Wesley Snipes fights at the end of Blade 2. Yeah, for a live action thing, I could see him playing Namor.

Henry Cavill? he's got that face that makes you want to punch it. And sometimes I wanted to do that with Namor. (and don't think bad a bout the last sentence)

The problem is I imagine Namor having a regal tone in his speech and don't know if DJ could do that. My choice for Namor has always been the guy who played the villain in Hellboy 2. Can't remember his name right now.

I believe Namor needs to performed by a known actor, not someone less bankable like Luke Goss. Luke Goss also has a little slimmer build than what I see Namor should be.

Namor is tricky...especially in the current movie Marvel universe. He can't have wings...and the regal speech won't really fit. It's going to be hard enough introducing a character that lives in the sea. Not to mention what he's going to wear. I suppose if Namor IS introduced...it would have to have something to do with The Avengers story.

I don't think the regal speech would be such a problem. He just needs to be eloquent while being arrogant. Just imagine a *****y Spock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"