NBA 2019-2020 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legends constantly getting taken this year.

Steve Nash named new head coach of Brooklyn Nets

I really needed the Rockets to lost last night just for the commentary on social media. Would have been tremendous and epic for all the wrong reasons. I feel robbed.:(

The Nash news is out of nowhere.

Once upon a time, I openly scoffed at the name 'Jimmy Buckets'. Of course, he was averaging like 12 ppg on low 40s FG% at the time, but still, my bad.

I have a gut feel that its going to be a Heat-Rockets finals

Pulling for the Rockets. Always loved watching Harden ball.

I'd love that since there would be Kentucky players on either side. We'd definitely see at least one Cat get some Finals glory.
As a cat fan myself I hear ya. But ironically, off the top of my head, the only teams left that I cannot remember a Kentucky guy on their roster would be Houston or the Celtics.

As a cat fan myself I hear ya. But ironically, off the top of my head, the only teams left that I cannot remember a Kentucky guy on their roster would be Houston or the Celtics.
For Boston, it depends on how far you want to go back. Walter McCarty and Ron Mercer come to mind. I can still hear Heinsohn screaming "I love Walter!" from older clips.

For Boston, it depends on how far you want to go back. Walter McCarty and Ron Mercer come to mind. I can still hear Heinsohn screaming "I love Walter!" from older clips.
Fatoine Walker too. And Rajon Rondo.

Been saying it for a few years now, but when you're basically 7 feet tall and play hard every night, you can put yourself in position to win a lot of awards.

In the postseason though, when teams have nothing else to focus on but stopping you, Giannis hasn't developed enough to get past that. He's not Simmons, I know he's working hard on a jumper, but it's not reliable yet. And until it is, he won't be able to get Milwaukee to the promised land. I don't think he's necessarily overrated, but winning MVP and DPOY this year put him in the rarefied air of MJ and Olajuwon. As of September 2020, I don't believe he belongs there...

For some reason, I always forgot Rondo went to UK. Walker should have come to mind though.

giphy.gif

Been saying it for a few years now, but when you're basically 7 feet tall and play hard every night, you can put yourself in position to win a lot of awards.

In the postseason though, when teams have nothing else to focus on but stopping you, Giannis hasn't developed enough to get past that. He's not Simmons, I know he's working hard on a jumper, but it's not reliable yet. And until it is, he won't be able to get Milwaukee to the promised land. I don't think he's necessarily overrated, but winning MVP and DPOY this year put him in the rarefied air of MJ and Olajuwon. As of September 2020, I don't believe he belongs there...
Harden was doing a little too much when he threw shade earlier about 'just being able to run and dunk', but he kinda had a point. Just not enough versatility to Giannis' game offensively. Spo had that attack plan locked up. A bona fide creator on the perimeter, who can also get his own, would help, but there's more work to do there.

There's Kanter, depending on how you classify him as an ex-Cat or not.

sounds like Danuel House is in a bit of trouble lol

So can we stop trying to make Harden and Westbrook happen? Because they are regular season stat stuffers and nothing more. Neither were worthy NBA MVPs, and neither are first options on a championship team. Probably not even the second option. The last two games have been a pathetic show of a lack of a plan, a lack of skill, a lack of nerve and a lack of heart.

Grandpa Lebron choking the life out of them was beautiful to watch. There is a an all timer.

You actually thought a lineup of nobody over 6'9" was going to work against the biggest team in the league? Even when LA goes "small" they're still big.

That series was no indictment on Harden or Westbrook (who you conveniently had no comments about when he was balling out of his mind for most of this season), it's totally on D'Antoni.

Thankfully he stepped down for greener pastures he'll surely decimate with idiotic lineups and defensive liabilities but it begs the question...how many times will he get opportunities while the Mark Jacksons/Jacque Vaughns/David Fizdales etc., wait for the trash?

You actually thought a lineup of nobody over 6'9" was going to work against the biggest team in the league? Even when LA goes "small" they're still big.

That series was no indictment on Harden or Westbrook (who you conveniently had no comments about when he was balling out of his mind for most of this season), it's totally on D'Antoni.

Thankfully he stepped down for greener pastures he'll surely decimate with idiotic lineups and defensive liabilities but it begs the question...how many times will he get opportunities while the Mark Jacksons/Jacque Vaughns/David Fizdales etc., wait for the trash?
Would this be the regular season where his stats are empty? Maybe Westbrook and Harden could you know... move off the ball? That might help.

Harden was always a choker. No ifs no buts. Westbrook isn't in the same category but he is nearly there. The OKC-GSW 2016 series is an all-time chokejob.

Harden was always a choker. No ifs no buts. Westbrook isn't in the same category but he is nearly there. The OKC-GSW 2016 series is an all-time chokejob.
Harden is a better player imo, which makes his issues straight up choking. Westbrook's vast limitations are exposed every playoffs. As he loses more and more athleticism, it just becomes more apparent that his skill set can be stopped when things truly matter.

Harden is a better player imo, which makes his issues straight up choking. Westbrook's vast limitations are exposed every playoffs. As he loses more and more athleticism, it just becomes more apparent that his skill set can be stopped when things truly matter.
Definitely. As a team and individual player, Harden tops Westbrook. Westbrook is like little Lebron without the refined skill set. Harden has blundered so many times in the playoffs to not call him as such.

Would this be the regular season where his stats are empty? Maybe Westbrook and Harden could you know... move off the ball? That might help.

So you have two of the most ball dominant guards in NBA history and you want them to just...move off the ball?

That's not what lost them the series. They can play the Lakers 20 times in a playoff series and they might win 5. D'Antoni's small ball crap works in the regular season, it has not, to date, worked to the tune of a championship. In multiple places, with multiple players and MVP quality talent. It's not ever going to work, anywhere.

On top of that, the main team that championed analytics and all the nonsense it brings allowed Harden to lull into isolating at the top of the key to shoot fall away 3s, probably the worst possible shot selection you could have. That's all D'Antoni folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"